2015 RAM ProMaster 2500 Reviews
Based on the Fiat Ducato full-size cargo van sold in Europe, the ProMaster joined the Ram lineup last year. Offered in a wide array of configurations, the ProMaster competes with the Nissan NV, Ford Transit and Chevrolet Express.
The ProMaster is available in four body styles: cargo van, chassis cab, cutaway or window van. Two roof heights and four body lengths are available. Power comes from a 3.6-liter gas V-6 or a turbo-diesel 3.0-liter four-cylinder engine. The ProMaster comes in 1500, 2500 and 3500 duty ratings.
New for 2015
There are no significant changes.
Below is a list of highlighted features and not an exhaustive list. Features are standard unless otherwise noted.
- Black body side and wheel lip moldings
- Choice of 118-, 136- or 159-inch wheelbase, with extended-length body available for 159-inch model
- Regular or high roof
- Right-side sliding door; available left-side sliding door
- Rear doors open 260 degrees
- 16-inch steel wheels; 16-inch aluminum wheels available
- Available fog lights
- Available power-adjustable heated side mirrors
- Seats up to three with available dual-bench passenger seat
- Cloth upholstery; vinyl available
- Air conditioning
- USB port for charging devices; USB connectivity available
- AM/FM radio; CD stereo available
- Available Bluetooth
- Available navigation system
- Available heated seats
Under the Hood
- Front-wheel drive
- 280-horsepower, 3.6-liter V-6 engine works with a six-speed automatic transmission
- Available 174-hp, turbo-diesel 3.0-liter four-cylinder teams with a six-speed automated manual transmission
- 5,100-pound maximum towing capacity
- Required in every new car: front airbags, antilock brakes and an electronic stability system
- Hill start assist and trailer-sway control
- Side-impact and side curtain airbags
- Available backup camera, rear parking sensors