2006 xB

2006 Scion xB

2006 Scion xB

Have You Driven the 2006 Scion xB?

How Great is a Scion XB!!!

by Scion Lover from Alameda CA on Tue May 17 2011

Had a BMW and Range Rover in the past. Both were totaled when a tree fell on them when parked back to back. Gave up the gas guzzlers and bought a Tacoma truck for hauling and a Scion XB for getting around. Best thing I ever did. Great gas mileage and lots of room. Even thought of buying another Scion XB just because there as so great. Highly recommend the Scion XB.

Love it!

by pug mama from Damariscotta ME on Thu Dec 30 2010

Very spacious, fun to drive, and reminds me of my dog in styling! Gas mileage is good and so far no problems.

Solid Scion

by Bock's Car from Frederick, MD on Tue Dec 21 2010

My first new-off-the-lot car, have had it nearly five years. Absolutely reliable (have had no issues beyond standard maintenance), solid fuel economy, surprisingly roomy for hauling. Love the box!

BIG little car!

by xbox owner from Long Island NY on Mon Oct 25 2010

Being over six feet tall, compact cars arent for me. I just bought a used 2006 xb and I love it! Phenomenal head and leg room, front and back. Plus great gas mileage and a quiet ride. Fun to drive and adorable. Engine is only 108 hp 1.5L but acceleration is more than adequate, and it gets up my hilly terrain no problem. I am sorry it was super sized to placate American market, should have just added side airbags to this one standard and left it at that.

Great First Car !

by hockeygirlnyr from New York on Fri Oct 21 2011

This is my first car that I have ever bought. I've driven plenty of cars and knew what I personally liked and what I disliked. I have had my 06 XB since May of 2011 and I have driven it enough to give a solid review. This car is small on the outside but BIG on the inside. There is so much head and leg room for front driver and passenger, and the back is just spacious. Road trips are comfy and there is plenty of room for 2 to 3 people to be perfectly comfortable on long trips where you need to bring a ton of luggage or equipment. I personally don't see more than 4 people being able to travel comfortably in this car unless they have a tow behind or a roof bin for their things. This car gets me pretty far on 1 tank of gas. I love those road trips where I don't have to fill up until I reach my destination, and I really only fill up once every two to three weeks depending on my driving habits. This car has virtually no blind spots except for the normal check over the shoulder while changing lanes spot. Also the back door window is a little small so you can't see the nose of the cars behind you at any point when you are backing up. One thing I loved about this car is that you just step into it. There is no need to step down or step up. No struggle to get in or out , so I can transport my grandparents comfortably. There are a bunch of things that I dislike about the car , but they were in no way deal breakers for me. One major thing is cruise control. I don't think it was available on the 06 xb(I looked at 30 of them and not 1 had it). I also wish that my car had side airbags since the crash test rating shows that it is poor on the front driver and passenger side. There are no compartments for storage except for the tiny glove compartment. I like everything to have a place so I bought a storage bin for under one of the back seats for little things I would need on the road. An arm rest would be nice too. The speedometer is centered to keep your eyes on the road and I personally love it. It just takes some getting used to. Also, the wiper and wiper fluid arm is in a bad spot and I constantly turn my wipes on when I am driving or turning the car off. The car is a decent height off the ground but the ground effects (I think that is what it is called) make the car look even lower. You have to drive similarly to how you drive a lowered sports car, to make sure you don't bottom out. Like any car , there will be pros and cons and you can never have absolutely everything you want. Overall this is a great car and I was very happy with my purchase.

Just Great MPG and Lots of Room

by OTACORB from Pineville, La on Sun Mar 22 2009

I purchased the Scion xB after my best friend got one. I initially didn't think I'd get one, but after driving his, I knew I had to get one. I purchased mine used with 28,000 miles on it. It looked brand new and even had a few extras like a sun roof and center console. (Thanks Cars.com) I've been very happy with it. I got it just before gas prices when to $4 per gal, so that certainly helped during that time. I just love the way it drives and having all the room inside makes it great for shopping. We even hauled a 52" HDTV in the back just by putting the seats down. It does start to drive a little sluggish if you have a full load of passengers, though depending on their weight and size. For me and a couple of friends though it does great. Overall I find the engine pretty peppy. Living in La it gets hot and the AC works good. I have since purchased another one that my company paid for which I use as my company vehicle. My best friend, well his mother bought one too, so we love these little cars. It seems folks either really love them or really hate them, but mostly due to looks. Once you drive one or even ride in one you'll see why we love them so much. This is the first car that I wake up everyday and I look forward to driving it.

Very Reliable

by Owner of Scion XB Lover from Atlanta, Ga on Thu Dec 29 2011

Very Manageable when Driving and real Spacy and Confortable.....I would Buy Another Scion in a Heart Beat

GREAT CAR

by jtr seattle from seattle,wa on Mon Jul 12 2010

I love this car! It's got everything I need: lots of cargo space, tall hatch opening, great handling and good gas mileage. I can fit all sorts of things in it. I get about 28 mpg/city and it comes equipped w/ most everything. I can't speak for the newer XB's, but if you're looking for a used car, this is a winner!

Phenomenal interior space, but lots of trade-offs

by Heavy User from Los Angeles, CA on Thu Aug 24 2006

I have had an Xb for 18 months. Got it because of the incredible headroom and legroom for 3 tall men who ride in it. Interior space is awesome and is perfect for long-legged folks and tall folks. It also handles large items far better than full-sized cars and even some full-size SUVs. Gas mileage is incredibly good: took long drives through the Sierra Nevada mountains (over 800 miles) with 4 large adults, airconditioner on constantly, keeping pace with all other vehicles on the road (need to turn off the overdrive though to keep the RPMs up, but it has the power to accelerate even up steep hills with a full load!), and mileage was at about 28 MPG. Interior is cheap, though. Visors are so small as to be worthless -- extremely irritating when driving into the sun. Seats are not comfortable on a long drive, especially if you're big (6-1, 190 lbs.). Road noise is persistent, though tolerable. Air conditioner is outstanding: great volume and temperature. For another $500 I would have paid to have rear a/c vents if they had been offered: the cabin is REALLY BIG (good thing) but takes a while to cool, even with the fabulous a/c system (not such a good thing). Overall, I'd buy another one, given the price. If you're interested in creature comforts, look elsewhere. If you're purely looking for a utilitarian vehicle that gets astoundingly good mileage and has loads of interior space, this is the car.

great car for the money...made by Toyota

by Wo from Washington State on Sat Jan 13 2007

The Scion xb is a great little car for the money. Lots of add-ons are available at fairly reasonable prices including installation. Seems to be able to get onto the Freeway with no problem carrying 4 passengers, not as quick as my other car (Pontiac Firehawk) but not much is. Fuel economy is wonderful, 39.8 mpg at my last fill up combining town and highway driving. Very roomy interior. One family member is a 6'2"--300lb man who says he has more than adequate head and leg room while either driving or as a rear seat passenger, but although fairly comfy, the seats could be bigger. The visiblilty is outstanding, virtually no blind spots. The defrost is quick and complete which is a huge plus in rainy western Washington state. The Scion feels lots bigger than it actually is and even handles pretty good in moderate wind and rain. It does have standard road noise for a small car, but a slightly larger tire helps a lot. It has fold down rear seats so you can haul quite a bit of stuff if you want. Overall, this is a good, reliable economic little car. I am most pleased with the Scion xb

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8