2006 Scion Xb

2006 Scion xB

by from Harrisburg, PA on June 7, 2006

We took delivery of our new xb - Shadow Mica - 2 weeks ago. We replaced my wife's 8 year old Saturn which had been problematic over the past 3 years. We were initially considering a Matrix but we decided to look at the xB because my 10 year old son said it had the "cool factor". We were not sold on the looks at first, but this all changed the moment we drove it. The car is almost as practical as my Honda Element and is actually much more fun to drive, not to mention better on fuel. The interior room is amazing for such a small car and the price is great for all the standard features you get. We added some nice wheels, mats and a cargo net. This car reminded us of the many quirky, small cars we saw during our recent trip to Italy. My wife does mostly city driving and this car is absolutely perfect. It has also become our "family car" for weekend excursions. I am expecting the reliability to be very good due to its Toyota parentage. If you are considering a small, fuel effiecent car - you would be making a mistake if you didn't test drive the xB!

Best Car Buy Ever!

by from Vacaville, CA on March 28, 2011

One of the best investments into a car I have ever made. Great gas mileage. Excellent reliability. Added extras because of the utilitarian designed. Needed cruise control, upgraded stereo, wider tires and lowered it. With the inside roomy as all get out, I packed and moved a couple of times! Highly recommend as a good used car buy for older and younger alike!

Gets better it ages

by from Indianapolis on August 15, 2011

Mine is an 06. Bought new at the time. 74000 on the odometer and the reliability is absolutely amazing and the gas mileage is getting better. Just got 40 MPG in a mixed drive about 70% hwy and 30% city. Maintenance is very cheap. The back seats so enormous that I have 3 children, including an infant sit there. Riding height is perfect for children to hop in and out with ease. High roof line makes loading and unloading infant seats without bending into the car. It certainly feels like it's built with the good old Japanese quality - like the old Tacoma trucks that do not die. I wish they still made the original box. Would buy it again. If you find one, just BUY it. You will not regret it.

I like my box.

by from New York on June 14, 2010

I recently bought a used 2006 scion xb. I'll start off by saying the exterior is amazingly stylish. The inside is roomy, plenty of leg/head room in the front and back. Nice panoramic view. Great on gas, (I hate spending money on gas so this car helps.) 28mpg!! My last car (tank) got 12. Decent trunk for groceries and the seat in the back folds down to create a ton of room for larger things. I have a couple complaints but they're minor and let me say that the pros outweigh the cons. The Visors do not block the sun and are really cheap (foam.) The mirror on the visor is too small and has no lights. The interior has only one light, in the back. There should be a light in the front too. There's no console just a narrow armrest. Not a huge fan of the shifter with the button but that's menial I shouldn't complain. Acceleration could be a little faster, and stronger for up hills but that would probably mean sacrificing the MPG so I'll live with it. Must say though it keeps up with traffic on the highway once it's going though. Basically I like my car, Excellent for the price. I hope it lasts me many more years.

Solid Scion

by from Frederick, MD on December 21, 2010

My first new-off-the-lot car, have had it nearly five years. Absolutely reliable (have had no issues beyond standard maintenance), solid fuel economy, surprisingly roomy for hauling. Love the box!

I love this car

by from Houston, TX on January 8, 2010

I had this car for more than 4 years, and did not have any kind of problems what so ever. It gets more milage then what manufacturer says.

How Great is a Scion XB!!!

by from Alameda CA on May 17, 2011

Had a BMW and Range Rover in the past. Both were totaled when a tree fell on them when parked back to back. Gave up the gas guzzlers and bought a Tacoma truck for hauling and a Scion XB for getting around. Best thing I ever did. Great gas mileage and lots of room. Even thought of buying another Scion XB just because there as so great. Highly recommend the Scion XB.

BIG little car!

by from Long Island NY on October 25, 2010

Being over six feet tall, compact cars arent for me. I just bought a used 2006 xb and I love it! Phenomenal head and leg room, front and back. Plus great gas mileage and a quiet ride. Fun to drive and adorable. Engine is only 108 hp 1.5L but acceleration is more than adequate, and it gets up my hilly terrain no problem. I am sorry it was super sized to placate American market, should have just added side airbags to this one standard and left it at that.

Great First Car !

by from New York on October 21, 2011

This is my first car that I have ever bought. I've driven plenty of cars and knew what I personally liked and what I disliked. I have had my 06 XB since May of 2011 and I have driven it enough to give a solid review. This car is small on the outside but BIG on the inside. There is so much head and leg room for front driver and passenger, and the back is just spacious. Road trips are comfy and there is plenty of room for 2 to 3 people to be perfectly comfortable on long trips where you need to bring a ton of luggage or equipment. I personally don't see more than 4 people being able to travel comfortably in this car unless they have a tow behind or a roof bin for their things. This car gets me pretty far on 1 tank of gas. I love those road trips where I don't have to fill up until I reach my destination, and I really only fill up once every two to three weeks depending on my driving habits. This car has virtually no blind spots except for the normal check over the shoulder while changing lanes spot. Also the back door window is a little small so you can't see the nose of the cars behind you at any point when you are backing up. One thing I loved about this car is that you just step into it. There is no need to step down or step up. No struggle to get in or out , so I can transport my grandparents comfortably. There are a bunch of things that I dislike about the car , but they were in no way deal breakers for me. One major thing is cruise control. I don't think it was available on the 06 xb(I looked at 30 of them and not 1 had it). I also wish that my car had side airbags since the crash test rating shows that it is poor on the front driver and passenger side. There are no compartments for storage except for the tiny glove compartment. I like everything to have a place so I bought a storage bin for under one of the back seats for little things I would need on the road. An arm rest would be nice too. The speedometer is centered to keep your eyes on the road and I personally love it. It just takes some getting used to. Also, the wiper and wiper fluid arm is in a bad spot and I constantly turn my wipes on when I am driving or turning the car off. The car is a decent height off the ground but the ground effects (I think that is what it is called) make the car look even lower. You have to drive similarly to how you drive a lowered sports car, to make sure you don't bottom out. Like any car , there will be pros and cons and you can never have absolutely everything you want. Overall this is a great car and I was very happy with my purchase.

Love it!

by from Damariscotta ME on December 30, 2010

Very spacious, fun to drive, and reminds me of my dog in styling! Gas mileage is good and so far no problems.