2019 Ascent

2019 Subaru Ascent

Have You Driven the 2019 Subaru Ascent?

Excellent for drivers of all sizes

by GH from Oswego, IL on Mon Jul 09 2018

Although we just recently purchased the Ascent I wanted to post this review to make others aware that this vehicle is great for drivers of all sizes. I?m 6?-10? and my wife is 5?-1?. Both of us are able to find driving positions that are very comfortable. We have the panoramic moon roof and I believe I have the most headroom in this vehicle that I?ve ever had in any car I?ve owned. Leg room for me is very good. The extendable seat cushion provides me with thigh support that I?ve never had in any other car. My wife is able to sit close enough to operate the pedals while at the same time remaining a safe distance away from the steering wheel and airbag. Overall it?s a good fit for both of us and we?re looking forward to owning it for many years to come.

Most outstanding vehicle I have ever owned.

by AllJohnG from Annapolis, MD on Fri Jun 22 2018

This new Subaru Ascent is by far most comfortable & stylish vehicle I have ever owned. We had shopped around for a medium sized SUV; looking at the Highlander & Pilot, but when we drove the Ascent, we were hooked. Fabulous car & bought from a fabulous dealer.

1st ever Subaru

by Justin from Apollo Beach Florida on Sat Jul 28 2018

So far I only have about 800 miles on the car but it has been so fun to drive I did a lot of research and had test driven every car in the three row market before stumbling on the ascent I was all but set to purchase the Honda Pilot elite. I happen to see the ascent came with a 4 cylinder and that turned me off until I gave a test drove wow really amazed how well it?s put together and safety features on all trim levels with awd I fell in love with the limited trim (to me the best bang for your buck) it being a first run car I did also purchase a extended warranty and still came in under the Pilot elite. Had a great dealer experience and so far have truly enjoyed my first Subaru!!

Most quality vehicle I have ever owned

by Lauren on Thu Jul 19 2018

This car is very spacious and drives very smoothly. It has a lot of power, is fuel efficient, and has amazing safety features. The technology in this vehicle surpassed my expectations. The vehicle is not only safe and reliable, it has a very attractive exterior and interior. There was a lot of thought put into the details of this vehicle.

Love this car!

by Shaina from Newport News on Tue Jul 03 2018

This car is perfect for my family of three boys. They have plenty of space with room to grow. It?s beautiful and functional. The safety features and ratings make me feel safe to drive it.

New Model

by Stash103 from Nanuet, NY on Wed Aug 01 2018

Traded in my Outback for the 7 passenger model. Needed the extra room for the grandkids. Handles like a dream, plenty of power with excellent gas mileage.

by ebarney from Naperville on Thu Oct 04 2018

We were in need of a car with third row seating. I had no idea suburu had just come out with this Ascent until like the day before we were going to make our choice between two other cars. WOW am I thankful our friends told us about the Ascent because it blew every other third row seating car out of the water. From the automatic breaking when backing up and getting too close to the rest of the safety features. The back up cam is seriously like no other it picked up a pedestrian that wasn't even in the rear of m car yet. The abundance of cup holders really come in handy when taking road trips. I absolutely love the myplay feature and the suburu app. My 3 year old tells me everyday "mommy im glad we got this car I want to tell my friends about it". I also love that when you use GPS it only speaks out the directions in the driver speaker so passengers can still keep hearing the music. Last but not least this baby has the power to haul a boat! I will be a suburu driver for life!

Best vehicle I?ve driven

by cmgaskey from Boca Raton, FL on Fri Jul 20 2018

This new SUV is so comfortable, and so easy to drive. All the bells and whistles are there, yet the controls are so simple to understand, which was important to me. It?s not too big, and not too small for a family SUV.

Best Bang for Your Buck

by BETH from INDIANA on Sun Oct 14 2018

We currently own a Honda Odyssey with over 120k mi. & 2017 Toyota Highlander Hybrid. I am looking to replace my Odyssey with an AWD SUV. My husband & I have test driven the Audi Q7, VW Atlas, Acura MDX, Honda Pilot, Subaru Ascent, Lexus RX (RXL was not out at the time), Chevy Tahoe, Infiniti QX60 & 80, Mazda CX9, Chrysler Pacifica, & Buick Enclave. My husband bought the Highlander Hybrid before Ascent came out & does like it. Now that he's test-driven the Ascent, he likes the Ascent more. Last winter, in snow, the Highlander did not do well as we expected for an AWD which was very disappointing. Our front wheel drive Odyssey actually does better in snow. We did own a Forester & STI & love Subaru's AWD system. Highlander's sound system is lackluster. We even wondered if sound was coming out of 2nd row speakers. The Highlander's ride is smoother & less road noise than Ascent but handling doesn't come close to the Ascent. Audi Q7 was very nice but expensive. It doesn't have a lot of storage space & no touch screen infotainment system. Acura MDX Hybrid drove well but dull interrior, tight 3rd row, no 2nd row window sun shades available which was odd for how expensive it is, an amazing sound system though but doesn't make up for the dull, cramped interior & high pricing. Lexus RX hybrid drove smooth but didn't feel sporty around corners. Beautiful interior but felt very cramped, especially up front. We heard 3rd row in RXL is almost useless. Wonder how well it does in snow??? Mazda CX9, owned one & rented newer version on vacation, drives well. Safety crash tests are questionable. Our previous CX9 did poor on offset frontal impact crash test. Honda Pilot was spacious but not too thrilled about exterior look. It & Tahoe had infotainment issues/glitches. They may be fixed by now. Tahoe is not as reliable, smooth ride but feels big when driving, & tight cargo behind 3rd row. The seats are very comfortable though but overpriced. Also, it's a gas guzzler as is the QX80. VW Atlas looked too much like a Ford, very spacious, drove fine, but even though you can open hatch door with button up front you can not close it. You have to take out your key fob to close hatch or push button on hatch door, which we thought was very odd. Sales person couldn't explain why. Also, we question reliability. Infiniti QX60 drove well but also wary of it's reliabilty. Buick Enclave does not offer a 2nd row bench. We need a bench in 2nd row for our 3 kids on long road trips & 3rd row seats down for cargo space for luggage, etc. The Ascent has almost all the best features of all these vehicles at a descent price. Yes, the ride could be smoother & less road noise but the difference is barely noticeable. I know it will do well on any terrain & in any weather. It stuck to the curves like an Audi or even the CX9. The infotainment system & controls are easier to reach, plenty of cup holders & USB ports. Highlander doesn't have enough of both, especially cup holders. We were concerned about enough power with Ascent only being a 4 cylinder but the turbo kicks in & our worries were alleviated. All the safety features that come standard are amazing, very spacious & roomy 3rd row, larger cargo space than I think of all the crossovers. We were actually impressed with how nice the interior is for the price. We will be getting the Ascent Limited with bench seat next year to replace our Odyssey. I do love our minivan but want an AWD SUV now that our kids are older & our oldest will be driving soon. I don't trust the AWD system on the Toyota Sienna since disappointed with the Highlander's AWD in snow. We are done looking & test driving any more vehicles now that we've test driven the Ascent. My husband is more excited about driving the Ascent when we get it than his Highlander.

Awesome Bang for your buck

by Retired from Garden grove,california on Thu Aug 02 2018

The car with fast from the start and very quiet ones going .... it handled well and my vision was very good ... I am 6?3? and I had plenty of legroom and head room .. I even fit in the third row with the seat reclined slightly .... it seems like Subaru has a winner ..

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2019 Subaru Ascent

The verdict:

Subaru is ahead of the curve when it comes to combining safety, practicality and affordability, but its lineup of five-seaters has left bigger families at the curb – until now. The new 2019 Ascent delivers all those things and has the space larger families need.

Versus the competition:

Other three-row SUVs may be roomier, classier or more fun to drive, but the Ascent’s impressive blend of safety and value is unmatched by many rivals.

The Subaru Ascent looks like a plumped-up version of the Outback wagon and fills the hole in the automaker’s lineup left when the unimpressive Tribeca three-row was axed after the 2014 model year. Compare the Ascent with the Tribeca.

The Ascent is Subaru’s biggest vehicle ever, designed to satisfy larger families with its seven or eight seats. It competes against the likes of the Honda Pilot, Toyota Highlander and Volkswagen Atlas; see them compared. Trim levels for 2018 include base, Premium, Limited and Touring.

Creature Comforts

It’s not just size that matters to families; comfort, safety and convenience features are also key. Yet kids — and... Read More