2019 Subaru Ascent consumer reviews

Explore the 2019 Subaru Ascent
Shop the 2019 Subaru Ascent
2.4

Keep Looking

I like Subaru but they should have worked better at designing the Ascent. There are known battery/electrical issues. The stock battery isn’t sufficient to power the vehicle. My battery has died 4 times in 2 years. The Apple Car Play does not work. Subaru offered to replace the media system which they did but it still doesn’t work. Their response was “ya Subaru is meant more for android phones” but if that’s the case why bother adding the Apple Car Play app? There have been numerous recalls including the drive train which seems scary to be driving the car around by chance the drive train will slip. We were notified of the recall 6 months prior to have been able to actually address the problem. Third row has no room so kind of a waste. The interior is nice. Subaru did mention all the cup holders but you can’t really use the ones in the drivers or passenger doors. No room for a normal sized drink only for a tiny water bottle. I chose the limited because the touring only had that poop brown interior available and I wanted black/gray. Does drive smooth and love the Harmen Karmen speaker system. But overall I’m tired of the unreliability of the car. I just don’t want another car payment so I guess I’m stuck with this one. I’ll probably replace the radio screen with an after market one so my Apple car play actually works.

4.3

Good car, awful gas mileage

I have the touring edition and cannot get over 16mpg average in the city. It is supposed to be 20. I like the look and I like to drive but the gas mileage is terrible

4.4

Really like the 2019 Ascent except 3rd row room

I really like the 2019 Subaru Ascent Limited. I only have a couple of problems. I get complaints from my teenage daughters that the third row seats are so uncomfortable. Not enough room they say. They love the room in my wife’s Honda Pilot more. Another thing that I could do without is the X-Term feature. I never use it and to use it you have to be going slow. I’m not taking my Ascent into the woods or driving in some desolate snowy terrain. Kind of seems useless for what a majority of drivers would really need, i.e. different driving modes instead (mud, snow, etc.)

most functional

I LIKE THE SECOND SEAT LEG ROOM, THE ALL WHEEL DRIVE, THE CONTROL LOCATIONS, THE LOOKS, THE INTERIOR FINISH, THE VISIABILITY AND THE PRICE. I RAN OUT OF WORDS.

Not my first Subaru

The car is perfect for me. I am 5 ft tall yet has plenty of headroom for my husband who is 6 ft 4. Great gas mileage and lots of great features!

32,000 miles of trouble free driving and ownership

The vehicle has been amazing. Incredible engine power. Very roomy and comfortable and can haul 5000 pounds. No problems so far. Maintenance has been cheap.

Love it

I was in the market for a 3 row SUV. I haven't seen many ascents on the road but once I test drove it I fell in love. This car had everything I needed and then some. Highly recommend

Best care I’ve ever owned

I got the touring model and it’s the nicest luxury car I’ve ever owned and the price was great! Definitely would recommend this vehicle to anyone!

My 12th Subaru. Excellent car.

Everything as advertised. First Subaru 1973, better automobile each year. Great attention to detail. Excellent performance, great mileage for a large vehicle. Very well designed, extremely functional.

4.4

Several recalls and drivers seat wobble replace

I’ve not been very happy so far. Very surprised that this vehicle has had so many recalls. Driver seat developed severe wobble which required a replacement of seat and brackets below seat. I wish I had waited for 2020. Don’t buy 2019!