2019 Subaru Ascent consumer reviews

side view of 2019 Ascent Subaru
Explore the 2019 Ascent Subaru
Shop the 2019 Ascent Subaru

most functional

I LIKE THE SECOND SEAT LEG ROOM, THE ALL WHEEL DRIVE, THE CONTROL LOCATIONS, THE LOOKS, THE INTERIOR FINISH, THE VISIABILITY AND THE PRICE. I RAN OUT OF WORDS.

Not my first Subaru

The car is perfect for me. I am 5 ft tall yet has plenty of headroom for my husband who is 6 ft 4. Great gas mileage and lots of great features!

32,000 miles of trouble free driving and ownership

The vehicle has been amazing. Incredible engine power. Very roomy and comfortable and can haul 5000 pounds. No problems so far. Maintenance has been cheap.

Love it

I was in the market for a 3 row SUV. I haven't seen many ascents on the road but once I test drove it I fell in love. This car had everything I needed and then some. Highly recommend

Best care I’ve ever owned

I got the touring model and it’s the nicest luxury car I’ve ever owned and the price was great! Definitely would recommend this vehicle to anyone!

My 12th Subaru. Excellent car.

Everything as advertised. First Subaru 1973, better automobile each year. Great attention to detail. Excellent performance, great mileage for a large vehicle. Very well designed, extremely functional.

4.4

Several recalls and drivers seat wobble replace

I’ve not been very happy so far. Very surprised that this vehicle has had so many recalls. Driver seat developed severe wobble which required a replacement of seat and brackets below seat. I wish I had waited for 2020. Don’t buy 2019!

2.9

Should have bought a Toyota

The showroom model and test drive blew me away. I loved it. Until about seven months when it died in my driveway. Since then the dealer has had it for approximately four weeks for that electrical problem, then over a month six months later when the computer died at the dealer when I brought it in for an oil change. Then most recently, it died in my driveway again, towed it to the dealer only to be told nothing is wrong and to pick it up. Then as I was driving it out of the dealer, it started making all sorts of beeping sounds. So I left it with the, again. A week later they said they replaced a part on the hatch and that was it. After three major electrical issues in less than a year I have lost faith in the vehicle. Funny part was, while it was at the dealer, dead, I got a vehicle heath report from Subaru telling me All systems are functioning correctly. I contacted Subaru corporate and they offered me a $2,000 coupon if I bought another Subaru which expired in one year. After this, do I really want another headache. My wife is a 9/11 first responder cancer survivor and we have a special needs son. I am not looking for a handout, but I am concerned that if we are at a doctors appointment, come out and it is dead, again! I believe the dealer tried their best, but Subaru corporate could not give a rats butt after they get your money. Next time get a Honda or Toyota.

3.4

Love the vehicle but would not buy another Subaru

Would not buy another Subaru until the window cracking problem is resolved. Found the car very easy to drive. I like the eyesight features and would like them on all my vehicles.

Nicest car I’ve ever owned

Comfortable car with rear bucket seats that are some of the best I’ve sat in. This car has all the options you could want. Subaru reliability!!