2019 Forester

2019 Subaru Forester

2019 Subaru Forester

Have You Driven the 2019 Subaru Forester?

So far a great car

by Subaru Joe from Midland, NC on Thu Jan 24 2019

Needed a car that was easier to get in and out off, i have had two hip replacements and my VW Jetta was painful getting in and out of, the Forester is very easy to get in and out of. So far owned the car for 1 month, 2700 miles on it, average mpg has been 31 mpg, took on a 1700 mile trip two days after I bought it and got 33.6 mpg on that trip. Very comfortable for long distances, I’m 6’1 and 200 pounds. Touring model features are easy to use. My second Subaru first since 1973.

Most Innovated Car I have Ever Owned

by ottob from Rocky Point, New York on Tue Jan 29 2019

The safety features on this car are far beyond anything I ever expected. This car has " facial recognition" , adaptive cruise, lane change warning, front collision stop as well as rear stop. The headlights steer with the car, the auto dimming mirrors, rear & side, protect you from glare at night, automatic high beam on & off & an unbelievable amount of air bags. The rear seats are heated & so much more. Look up the Subaru Forester Touring to see how much more it offers.

0 Regrets in our leasing decision

by khimes4 from Chicago, IL on Sun Jan 27 2019

My fiancé and I live in Chicago so that being said, we don't drive a ton but wanted a car that could hold up in the snow. We also wanted a SUV that was was a bit compact to allow for easy parking in the city yet had enough space for us to grow into. The Subaru Forester checked off every box in our opinion. We feel safe driving it and it met our budget which was surprising to me for how upscale the car feels. We have 0 regrets and would encourage others who are looking for a similar car to look into the Forester!

most reliable, safe,and comfortable car I ever had

by ScottVan from Neptune, NJ on Sun Nov 11 2018

I am 6'8" and the leg and head space is AMAZING! very safe and smooth handling. all the interior, exterior designs, and safety features make me feel like I'm in a spaceship. Its awesome, and I am in love with my new car

Beautiful car!

by Karen D. from Star, ID on Mon Nov 05 2018

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this car! Went to look at it on a recommendation from a friend on the cars great ability in the snow. It more than surpassed my expectations ! I had built it on line so I knew exactly what I was looking for: model, color, extras, etc.. The Forester Sport is amazing. The value for your money, the quality and service are the best I’ve experienced.

Excellent car for someone with a disability

by mollywog from Helena, AL on Wed Mar 27 2019

We purchased an Outback last year that was supposed to be my car. My hubby was only pleasing me when we went with a Subaru - but now he loves it so much it's his car!! So I needed a car and researched the Forester. I love it. I have RA and getting in and out of the car is much easier than others I have driven. The height is perfect, seats are comfortable and heated, lumbar support great. I got the Sport model totally loaded. There are two things a out this car I do not like. The auto stop/start, which shuts off the engine at stop lights, etc., is very rough compared to other cars I have driven, and when it's on the car's pickup really stinks. Fortunately, you can turn it off when you start the car and I do - every time I drive. It's disappointing because that feature on other cars saves a lot of gas! The other thing I don't like is the stupid orange trim. You cannot buy a 2019 Sport without it and it is so ugly. I wanted the features that came on the Sport (paddles, SI# drive, dual X mode, etc.) so I am stuck with ghe orange trim. It looks like it was meant to appeal to teenage boys. The rest of the car is pretty, and the interior (other than the orange details) very nice. Love the console features. Voice commands seem to work better than in my daughter's brand new Honda Pilot.

Owners of three Subaru Foresters

by CatandPat from Poulsbo, Washington on Thu Mar 07 2019

This is our third Forester so we know our cars. We have never had a problem with any of them. Very well built. In the area we live snow is sometimes a problem but our Foresters have always gotten us through the snow even when other cars fail. Excellent cars, good gas mileage, very low maintenance. Five stars all around.

I love driving it!

by Oakland from OAKLAND CA on Wed Nov 07 2018

I love it! I love the way it drives, very responsive. It hugs the road, corners well, and the turning radius is good. it feels substantial. The safety features are well thought out and they work. It is beautiful inside and out. It is the prefect size. Wish list: higher quality leather interior and 360 camera.

Best purchase I've ever made!

by Rachie513 from NAUGATUCK on Wed Dec 05 2018

By far the best car I have ever had! So comfortable and me and my son feel so safe in it! Would recommend to anyone looking for a new suv!

Forester Sport Eye Catching Small SUV

by SubaByNature from Plantation, Florida on Sat Apr 27 2019

The Sport version with interior nicely stylized and roomy. Cargo area is adequate and can be extended by flipping down the rear seats. Safety equipment galore, it has Subaru's eyesight system that controls emergency breaking, lane departure (vehicle steers away from highway line if you get to close), adaptive cruise control (if vehicle senses that you approaching another vehicle it will slow down and follow at a distance you can control, car will return to saved speed once no vehicle is in front) with option of emergency rear breaking which my vehicle came with. Blind spot warning is a option you really need and is step above previous versions. The Forester Sport comes with a host of included options, driver electric seat, front heated seats, electric mirrors, one touch down/up front windows, panoramic moonroof, roof rails, apple CarPlay/Android car, 2 USB plugs in front and two for the rear seat passangers, reclining rear seats, hands free phone, heated outside mirrors and more. Additional options are Harman Kardon Speaker system, dimming review and side mirrors and automatic rear lift gate. The vehicle came with all these options which are nice since I am on the road at night quite a bit. Towing capacity is 1500 lbs. The engine sounds taxed when accelerating and a bit noisy. Cabin is very quiet for this entry level SUV and handling is excellent, as well as the breaking. The LED lights are bright and the standard fog lights due an excellent job illuminating the sides. The one thing I find annoying is the engine auto stop/start feature while stop at a light or in traffic. There's a way to cancel it out but you have to do it every time you start the vehicle. The other thing I found is the CVT transmission some time disengages abruptly when coasting. This is minor problem that should be taken care at the dealer. Had the same issue with another Subaru that I own, a change in the programming fix it. As most Subaru's vehicle they are All Wheel Drive but the Sport has an STI dumb down version on the center consul that you can appreciate if you live were it snows, mud and off roading. You also get with STI AWD a shifting preference STI (Higher RPMS before downshift, gives you the oomph when you need it and the regular. Both are control from the steering wheel. The one thing I do recommend you do if you buy this vehicle, READ THE MANUAL. This vehicle is loaded with customizing features and you need to learn what all those buttons due, trust me just do it. Overall I liked the vehicle and have already taken it on long trips, fuel economy is starting to hit 30 mpg in the highway, 27-28 in the city not bad. One nice feature with the gas door, no longer have to pull the a lever to open it just push the door to open. One thing the vehicle must be unlock and not running, another in your face safety feature.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 27

Our Take on the 2019 Subaru Forester

The verdict:

Practicality and all-wheel drive still define the Forester, but the redesigned 2019 is quieter, more civilized and classier.

Versus the competition:

Just as capable, the redone Forester can now take on compact SUV leaders in terms of materials quality and comfort.

The first goal for Subaru with its all-new, fifth-generation Forester was not to screw it up. The five-seat compact SUV has loyal buyers, and the past generation doubled its predecessor’s sales.

The company came up with a 2019 Forester that’s literally new throughout, but doesn’t trumpet it. If you liked the fourth generation, you’ll like the new one better — you just might have trouble spotting it in a parking lot. The Forester’s defining characteristic remains practicality. The 2019 Forester is quieter and smoother and has higher-quality materials inside. The Subaru shot from being a laggard to finding a place among the leaders in multimedia technology, even on... Read More