2019 Subaru Forester consumer reviews

$24,295 starting MSRP
side view of 2019 Forester Subaru
Explore the 2019 Forester Subaru
Shop the 2019 Forester Subaru

Amazing car for the price

Love my Forester only drawback is the tires are made of a soft compound and you only get 25k miles then they need to be replaced.

this 2019 Forester is number four for the family a

We own three Foresters in my family. They all are super cars in any weathers and we have never had any problems with them. We do all service work at the dealership and have been really happy with them.

Great vehicle

I love my new Forester. This vehicle has a CD player which is great. Two negatives. I own the mid model and an automatic trunk latch is not offered. Trunk opens so high that I had to buy a stool to use to close the trunk if the vehicle is on higher ground. You cannot adjust trunk height on the mid line model. Center console does not move. I am petite and my elbow was dragging without a comfortable armrest. I had to buy a separate component on Amazon to remedy the issue. The vehicle drives like a dream. I feel very safe. I love the colors that Subaru offers. I also like the mission of the company.

3.7

This car is good

This car is good, my wife loves it ,I see a lot of things that could be better the defrosters could work better the console could be more roomy

beautiful AWD suv

love this car. A really smooth good AWD vehicle. Really good cars for road trip with friends and great AWD for trails. Really happy with this car

First SUV I've Owned and Love It

This car is easy to handle, drives really well and I feel quite safe in this car. It's a reliable car, fun for me to drive and has more than enough space for passengers, groceries or other items. I love this car and so glad I purchased a Forester.

2.7

Not reliable - Very easy to kill battery

Car works fine and looks fine but having repeated dead battery problems. Even with every light off a door ajar will kill the battery overnight. Subaru national customer service says this is by design. Seems like an obvious engineering problem - what feature needs to be powered on for 12 hours without a key in the car? Subaru has been zero help and just says this is expect. So be wary if you have a family and aren't able to constantly monitor the forester. If my 10 year old Toyota can handle this I'd expect my brand new state of the art Forester to be able to.

2.9

Transmission needs replaced after ONE YEAR!

2019 Subaru Forester Premium - I had complained about a fluttering sound coming from the front end when I took it in for an oil change. They come out and tell me I need a new transmission! It is only 16 months old with 17,000 miles on it. Thank goodness it is still under warranty. They should do away with the start/stop feature! It is annoying. Also, the radio is horrible. I will not buy another Subaru because of the issues I've had.

3.7

Reliable, good build quality but underpowered

This is my second Forester. They are generally reliable and well made but somewhat boring and underpowered. The best feature is AWD. The worst feature is Start/Stop followed closely by a weak infotainment system.

3.0

SOA Response to concern is concerning

I was so excited to be buying my 1st NEW vehicle and had spent 8 months researching as safety was a huge priority having 4 kids. The salesman was amazing, I get the bells and whistles. And a trear later I'm sitting in the shop for the ?th time... within the 1st week the hatch only would open half way, shortly after the rear hatch button literally fell apart and fell inside when pushed... lets fast forward to today it's in for the presets on the radio clearing every time car is shut off, apparently a software flaw. "Should just take an hour to upload" added to the 50 minute drive each way to the dealer. I contact SOA via email explaining my frustrations pouring out my heart that on top of the kids I'm a full time care giver for my hub w stage 4 cancer and many complications (he's very weak, rarely gets out of house and falls sho needs someone there). SOA responds to my email and I quote, "Thank you for contacting Subaru of America, Inc. We appreciate you taking time out of your day to contact us. I'm sorry to hear that you have been displeased with the number of repairs on your 2019 Forester. It's good to know that these have bene covered by the Subaru warranty...." It goes on patting themselves on the back for their high ratings. Seriously? Good thing it's under warranty?! Good thing this hour+ in waiting room provides me with time to blog. SHAME ON THEM you lost my respect and any chance of a future customer.