2000 Camry

2000 Toyota Camry

2000 Toyota Camry

Have You Driven the 2000 Toyota Camry?

Never Had A Single Problem

by Toyota Fan from Rockland County, NY on Mon Apr 16 2012

Bought the XLE version new in 2000. Had it ever since. THE best car I ever owned. Aside from maintenance -- which has not been that much -- the car has never needed a mechanical repair. Most parts are still original. Have driven it from New York to Florida more than once and didn't even think about anything going wrong (as with previous cars I've owned).

The BEST car EVER!!!

by LOVE MYCAMRY from Pasadena, MD on Wed Apr 10 2019

My boy is now 19. Yes my Camry is a boy :) VERY reliable. I had regular maintenance and he is perfect. Can't go wrong. I had 2 tires that blew on the highway and he performed perfect. Kept me safe with no turn overs. People try to get me to upgrade, but I say "no way" I don't want hassles of all the computers. 19 years and still going strong with original engine. How many cars are doing that today?

One of the worlds most respected cars ON THE ROAD.

by CAMRY-LOVER from FT Lauderdale FL. on Wed Feb 13 2008

Few cars are as respected in the automotive world as the TOYOTA CAMRY. Since the CAMRYs introduction in 1983 it has earned a reputation for quality , comfort, and an exceptional reliability record. The fourth generation CAMRY{97-01} carried on this reputation. The ride is comfortable,the cabin is quiet, and both engine choices perform well and very efficiently. If possible try to find a CAMRY with the optional side impact airbags as for they improve the side crash test ratings considerably. Anti-lock brakes are standard on the LE and XLE but can be hard to find on the entry level CE model.

"Most reliable car I've owned"

by Toyota Lover from Maine on Fri Jan 11 2008

This car was a great buy. I bought it used and it held up to it's job. It has great gas milage for an older year. The only thing that bugged me was the backseat was small. My kids didn't like that. Overall it was a good experience.

I would recommend this car

by Saltlife from Sarasota fl on Sat Mar 02 2019

Bought car used, had it for 7 years and it never failed us. My only compliant would be the door handles are cheap. Both driver and passenger front doors outside handles broke. Then the insides started breaking. Other that that, not one issue. Maintaining the car was easy. In 7 years we only had to change break pads and a radiator. I've upgraded now to a 2012 Camry now but if our 2000 wasn't in a wreck and totaled we would have kept it until it died. It had over 200k miles on it and ran like it did when we got it!

No complaints

by CindyfromCT from Middletown, CT on Sun Aug 05 2012

Bought my 2000 six-cyl. Camry LE new in 2001 and drove it about 10k miles per year. I had zero repairs until 2011 when the oxygen sensor failed which cost me about $300, but nothing else. Looking at replacing it with a Lexus next because I want to stick with Toyota but am looking for a little more luxury this time.

Awesome daily driver.

by unlvrebel from Las Vegas, NV on Wed Oct 18 2006

My camry does everything exactly the way it should; everything works, the car is bullet-proof reliable, and it gets me anywhere I want to go. The only problem is, the car is about as plain as an accounting convention. The car is adequately comfortable, but the seats could be more supportive and on frequent drives between Reno and Las Vegas my back begins to ache after 300 miles or so. The car performs well, however the car has serious body roll and is not meant to be driven like a sports car...but it is a camry, after all. The engine is surprisingly powerful and even more quiet considering its a basic 4 cylinder. Styling is again what you expect from a Camry. Everything is in the right place and theres plenty of creature comforts. The reliability is amazing and i've been very happy with the car so far. My only major complaint is that it goes through brakes almost annually. In the end this car has always been there for me and I will probably continue to buy toyotas for years to come.

Owned For 20 Years!

by lenwbrown from Tulsa, Oklahoma on Sun Jul 26 2020

I bought my 2000 Toyota Camry XLE brand new, driving it off the lot with just 13 miles on it. Living in Missouri, I drove it to California, Texas, Louisiana, Florida, and New York as well as passing through many states during those trips. As of July 2020 it has just over 256,200 miles on it! I have been homeless and lived in it for 14 months as well. To this day it runs flawlessly. Still use the factory-installed 6-Disc CD changer and the air conditioner has NEVER been serviced and is still ice-cold! It's been 20 years and I still have no desire to part with it. It has been the best investment I could have possibly made. They say the 2016 model is even more reliable, if that is even possible.

Long life!

by This is It from Kansas City on Mon Aug 06 2018

I loved the gas mileage of this car as I used it for driving to and from college. I love how long this car will last. There is tons of room in the trunk as well.

Fantastic car

by Bill .T from Baltimore Md on Sat Oct 27 2018

Its A Toyota ! By sticking with tried-and-true systems, Toyotas don't give owners as many problems< Had A 1993 Camry with 345000.00 mles on it what it got totaled.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2000 Toyota Camry

I was dumbfounded. It was a TV commercial, an ad for a 2000 Toyota Camry sedan. A Camry was speeding along a series of roads and a male voice was intoning Right Said Fred lyrics: “I’m too sexy. . . . I’m too sexy. . . .”

Say what?

Did somebody change the meaning of sex? Did Toyota test consumer reaction to this car in a convent, rectory or monastery?

The car in the TV ad looked like a Camry, with a few minor tweaks front and rear. But “too sexy”? Perhaps. In the same way that PTA meetings are too sexy.

Weeks passed. A 2000 Camry LE sedan arrived. It was red. More precisely, it was what Toyota calls “vintage red pearl,” a kind of creamy metallic... Read More