2018 Highlander

4.8 out of 5 starsValue for the Money

All Reviews

Nice suv

by Buford from Crane, Texas on February 28, 2018

I have only had my Highlander for 3 days. Have put about 210 miles on it so far. The SUV rides wonderfully on the highway. It is very quiet and I listened to the radio on low volume most of the way home; almost a 3 hour drive. The interior color is ash, which I truly love. Will not be too hot in the summer. I settled on the predawn gray exterior, since the blue or reds could not be had without black interior. I did a quite a bit of research before deciding on the vehicle. The Toyota comes with more safety features, better fuel economy and better resale than others in this category. I would definitely recommend this SUV.

Excellent 3 Row SUV for kids and snow

by HappyHighlander from Lincoln, NE on February 23, 2018

I have had many cars in my life and the Highlander is by far my favorite! It evens beats my Lexus! I love that there is the option of 2nd Row captains chairs. This is fantastic when we are carpooling. I love the safety features in this car: blind spot detection, lane departure assist, laser guided cruise control, back up camer, etc. It has a snow feature and handles extremely well in the snow. Comfortable, roomy, and quiet. I love how it turns and drives like a car verses a wide truck. Excellent vehicle!

Bought this instead of the Lexus RXL

by Doctor Boogie on June 25, 2018

We tried, I mean we REALLY (REALLY!) tried to buy a Lexus SUV. We have owned many previous Toyota and Lexus vehicles, and the Lexus service department experience is so awesome & stress-free that we tend to lean more toward Lexus in our old age. Not that Toyota is bad, but Lexus is, well, Lexus. We most recently had a 2016 Highlander XLE model because we absolutely needed a second row bench seat for the grandkids, and the Limited model only came with captains chairs in 2016. So this year, Lexus RX finally came out with the third row option...?..However, Lexus simply cannot compete with the Toyota Highlander Limited Platinum model. The RXL's so-called third row seat (we have been waiting forever for Lexus to wake up and produce a viable, competently designed RX with a third row seat) is a supreme design failure. UGH. All we had to do is sit in the second row seat to figure out the third row is an absolute disaster, and even the second row bench is cramped, and no way accommodates 3 adults. So having ruled out the RXL, we thought OK, let's look at the GX. We started getting excited, thinking the GX SUV would actually work for our needs until we discovered it has a horribly designed rear gate, similar to the old RAV4 "swing out gate" design. This GX rear gate is totally useless as it cannot be opened inside the garage. So for several seconds we thought about the LX, but quickly ruled it out because it is so humongous it will not fit in our regular sized garage, and my wife objects to having to use a ladder to enter the vehicle. 3 strikes, and Lexus was out. So we went with the 2018 Highlander Limited Platinum model - it excellent for our needs. You can now (in 2018) get a Limited Platinum model with the second row bench seat option. This model has a third row seat that (small) adults can fit in for short rides, as well as a much roomier and more functional interior than the Lexus RXL. We love the air cooled seats, the Lexus-like fit and finish of the interior, and it has all the bells and whistles (birds eye / surround view camera, lane departure warning, pedestrian avoidance, etc. etc.) So maybe some day Lexus will come to its senses and design something that actually competes with the Highlander, but until then we'll hang onto the Highlander.

Favorite car I?ve ever owned!

by Liz from IL on February 14, 2018

The Highlander is amazing. The new safety features are great and the interior makes you feel like you are in luxury SUV. There is so much room inside that I didn?t expect from the exterior view or pictures online! I love it!

Best car I've ever owned

by kittymom65 from Dalton, GA on June 12, 2018

I was hesitant to buy this SUV, coming out of a Toyota 4Runner, I thought I was downsizing. I was so wrong. There is so much more interior space in this car. The legroom for all passengers is plentiful. The seats are very comfortable, and the leather makes them feel luxurious. There are many safety features, and I feel confident in taking my family on a road trip in this car. The storage space is large, plenty of room for luggage for a week long family vacation when the third row seats down. The rear heat/air is an argument saver. Overall, it was the best choice for us.

Very Reliable! Fun To Drive!

by Shakie from Washington,N.C. on June 26, 2018

295 HP said it all! Power! AND Fuel mileage! First time on the highway, an outstanding 29.9 MPG! City 20mpg (heavy foot mileage). Comfort, SafetySense keeps you in your lane. Tell the GPS where you want to go. Backup camera. Even has side sun screens on side back windows. Brake system saved my life already! Stopping power is amazing! Best Vehicle I ever owned!!!

Uses car for Towing

I love it!

by Jim W. from Suwanee, GA on March 2, 2018

I just purchased this a few days ago and absolutely love it!! This is my first Toyota (I had two Hondas and a Nissan in the past), and everything about it is great!

Smooth riding- Electronics well layed out

by lcbuff from Walla Walla, WA on June 18, 2018

Prior car was a 2009 Highlander- loved my vehicle minus the current upgrades w/Bluetooth capabilities. Pros: Sleek look on the outside, quite, rides very smooth, handles great. Car electronics are well designed for ease of use without distractions- Entune aps are a huge plus. Great room throughout the vehicle. Easy to get in and out of as a driver and loading/unloading 2 year old in a car seat. LOVE the layout with bucket seats in 2nd row and 3 seats in the 3rd row (mostly only needed for the family of 4, exception is when we have guests or kids' friends over, then the 3rd row is a great addition). GREAT back-up camera, very clear with nice wide angle. Speakers are great quality. Cons: Cannot get the driver seat to adjust to the 'perfect sweet spot'- seat curves in a C shape to include the headrest that seems to 'push' my head forward instead of letting it rest comfortably and naturally aligned straight. Definitely miss having the 4 cup holders in the center consul in the front of the vehicle (like set up in my '09 Highlander).

GREAT CAR/GREAT DEALERSHIP

by Super Siked! from Glenside PA on March 12, 2018

The 2018 Highlander is very refined. It drives smooth and has almost unnoticeable shift points. It looks great pulling up to valet or just sitting in the driveway. great car to own.

Love it

by Buana from Marlborough Ma on January 13, 2018

Great styling and ride. Impressed with the handling and features. Tim Dalton did a great job of explaining everything.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 22