2015 Golf

2015 Volkswagen Golf

2015 Volkswagen Golf

Have You Driven the 2015 Volkswagen Golf?

Excellent Diesel Car.

by Pappu from Vernon Hills IL on Fri May 29 2015

I have recently bought this car as my second car from VW. I also have 2015 Passat. This car is really amazing. So far I have 4500miles on the car. its giving me around 48-53 hwy and 38-39 on local. Excellent power and handling. I was drove from Chicago-Connecticut. I didn't feel any pain or tiredness. Wonderful car!!!. New MQB Chassis is rocking. You get good traction and great control.

ILuvMy2015Golf

by ILuvMyGolf from Albany, NY on Thu Jun 18 2015

After test driving various affordable small cars with good ratings, we drove the 2015 VW Golf. There was no going back. It was the only car my husband and I agreed upon; I had to have one! Nothing could compare with the quality, class, design and performance that this car had. We appreciated the classy and subtle look of the car that very few vehicles can achieve - especially at that price range. The safety ratings were the highest in its class-a perfect 10. We purchased the TSI S w/Sunroof and manual transmission. The automatic transmission was excellent; we just like to have that extra connection with the vehicle. This car handles extremely well; it is very smooth and solid- even for highway driving which was a very pleasant surprise. I never thought a small vehicle could feel that secure at highway speeds. I look forward to many years of enjoying our VW Golf!

TORQUE on my GOLF DIESEL is GREAT

by TORQUE on my GOLF DIESEL is GREAT from Oklahoma on Wed Nov 04 2015

Recall on the cheat devise is sad. But I LOVE the overall car. The MPG are way more than the window sticker says. I easily get over 51 MPG. Very good value

"Fixed" TDI still gets 44 mpg!

by PSM from Beaufort SC on Thu Sep 14 2017

I had one of the "cheater" TDI Vehicles, a 2013 Jetta. Volkswagen bought it back with a very generous offer. As soon as the modified 2015 TDI models were available, I purchased this 2015 Golf TDI. Got a great deal - and the "fix" has not affected the performance at all. Still getting 44 miles per gallon!

A lot of car for the money

by The guy who wants everything from Boise, ID on Sun Oct 19 2014

Purchased a new 2015 Golf SEL with the 1.8TSI gasoline engine. Very sporty, quiet, and comfortable. DSG transmission is great. Car rides very quiet, but you can get some engine noise if you step on the gas (I like that). Very comfortable, though a little cramped in the back seat, I'm 6ft 4in though. Normal sized people will be very comfortable. Love the convenience access of keyless entry and start. Fender stereo is great. The car looks great and gets great mileage. Garrett Scott and Chris Pulohof took great care of me at VW Audi Boise. Definately recommend.

Golf's New Generation is a Winner

by V-Dub from Wilmington, NC on Tue Dec 23 2014

2015 VW Golf TSI SEL The SEL is Golf's top of line. Features that we love include Keyless entry and start, Automatic Headlights, Touch Screen infotainment system, Heated seats and mirrors, Bluetooth and Navigation. The 1.8 liter Turbo engine provides plenty of pick up from complete stop (although there is a little pedal lag, you adjust to it quickly) and quick acceleration to pass. Transmission does include a Sport Mode as well as paddle shifters, but we live in a relatively flat area and I haven't had to use those features yet. After a month of mixed driving our gas mileage is right in line with the advertised overall 29MPG and we averaged 36 MPG on our first highway trip. Ride is smooth and quiet. Ample cabin room for a compact hatch with more than adequate "trunk" space (the loading floor can even be lowered to allow for additional room). 60/40 split folding rear seats are roomy for two and feature a rear seat pass through hiding behind a drop down console with cup holders. All interior trim is quality, and fit and finish are excellent. Sport seats with leatherette are comfortable and seem like they will hold up. All controls are intuitive after a quick studying of the manual. Touch screen is proximity activated, bringing up the controls when it senses your hand moving toward it. Fender Audio system sounds great. Huge sunroof with both tilt and opening feature. If I nitpick there are only a few small issues: If VW is going to place the CD player in the glove box, they should make it a multi-disc changer. The sunroof shade is made of thin material instead of a solid panel. I would love a remote activated liftgate with a button on the hatch or trunk interior to automatically close it (my wife is under 5' which means she's on her tiptoes to reach the hand hold to close it), and while the GPS is more than adequate, I find I prefer my Garmin. Overall this is a great car with lots of bang for the buck. FUN to drive. I don't understand why this is not one of the best selling cars in the US. Small crossover versatility with sport car handling and ride with great mileage. There is a reason this was chosen as Motor Trend's 2015 Car of the Year!

Great all around car

by collinb on Tue Jul 04 2017

I've owned this car for 2 years and 27,000 miles and it has been perfect so far. Pros: Fun to drive Economical Reliable (so far) Great interior layout Great sound system Huge sunroof Leatherette material Quality materials inside and out Lots of cargo room Cons: Seats could be more comfortable Dated infotainment (updated for 2016 model) A/C is mediocre Passenger space less than Jetta

2015 Golf TDI

by TDI Guy from Saint Paul, MN on Wed Apr 29 2015

Maybe it is to early to review my new car, as I have only had it for 3 weeks... Handles like no other VW I have ever owned. SOLID! The cabin is really quiet relative to other VW's I've owned. Big improvement. I have 1,500 miles on it and am averaging 49.5 MPG. I do about 75% highway driving.

Golf TDI SE A step up from my last car

by Hydrokinetix from Santa Barbara, CA on Thu Aug 24 2017

This car is awesome! First off, this is for the diesel Golf. I took it from Grand Junction Colorado all the way to Santa Barbara and only had to fuel up ONCE! From Pasadena to Santa Barbara, I wanted to see how high my gas could get so I drove 65 mph consistently back and got a total gas mileage of 52 mpg! This thing is a beast. Next, I believe it goes slower than the other models, but it still has good pick up. I like the bluetooth setting, but I don't think it comes with an aux, so the downside is it won't pick up signal from your device unless the car is fully on. Mine comes with a sunroof which is a plus, and at night the headlights are bright, definitely brighter than my last car. When I put those suckers on I thought there was a street lamp following us. The SE still comes with a backup camera which is really helpful for parallel parking, it also helps that it is considered a compact car. Honestly guys, you don't know what your missing. You can save a lot of money on gas. And should now be environmentally friendly due to the blue liquid you put in every 10k miles. This allows the car to produce water and nitrogen rather than carbon emissions from the exhaust. For any frugal, practical, or environmentally conscious person out there, it's a no brainer. I highly recommend trying this car out!

Hated to give up my old Jetta

by old woman, with a young car from on Wed Mar 11 2015

My Jetta had 190,000 miles on it, and it was starting to get unreliable. I hated to give it up. I hadn't heard hood things about the new Jetta, but then I discovered the Golf. I love it because it has the same feel as my Jetta, same power when merging on uphill ramps, plus it is a hatchback. Cool!. The car seems a little lighter, which i don't really like, but I suppose it's what allowed me to average over 40 MPG on the freeway. Great car.

1 2 3 4 5 6