2016 Passat

2016 Volkswagen Passat

2016 Volkswagen Passat

Have You Driven the 2016 Volkswagen Passat?

1.8T Passat Bargain

by 1.8T Passat from CHarlotte NC on Wed Aug 10 2016

Needed a weekend family car as I drive my pick-up truck as a daily commuter. Found this car in the DC Area new with over $6k off of sticker. Made the trip and couldn't be happier. On the drive back from DC to Charlotte NC area got great gas mileage. I was concerned about a 4 cylinder turbo but the car has great pick-up for a car this size. Nice leg room as am slightly over six feet in height. A great car for the money.

Best Car Ever - VW Passat SEL Premium 3.6L V6

by JerB from Longmont, CO on Mon Mar 27 2017

The 2016 PASSAT SEL Premium with the 3.6L VR6 engine. Awesome car! The VR6 engine gives me the power when I need it, especially with 4 adults in the car and a trunk full of luggage. I purchased this car because I needed a vehicle with lots or leg and head room in the front and back seats. I have two boys over 6'5" and they now have all the room they need.

2016 VW Passat SE

by Tall kicker from on Wed Apr 05 2017

Went to the dealership with the intent to buy a new Passat R-Line, but ended up buying a used Passat SE. I preferred the smoother ride of the SE. The sunroof was a nice bonus. I love the interior and massive leg room. Decent gas milage, but I miss my TDI milage. The apple Carplay integration is sweet. love the integration of gps, music and amazon music on the in-car screen. Very useful.

One year follow up

by VW Fan from Louisville, KY on Tue Jul 25 2017

I reviewed this car almost one year ago when I purchased. See previous review for The Real Story by VW Fan. I stand by my initial review of the VW Passat SEL Premium V6. The car has only been in the shop ONCE and that has been for scheduled maintenance. Very good commuter and long traveler. Gas mileage for V6 is outstanding. Comfort is great for long or short distances. Still not a head turner-but I don't care. The Passat is a safe, fun, reliable, easy to drive car that still maintains some of the same old traditions that you will only find in the Passat-sporty, family sedan, in a class by itself, doesn't quickly go "out of style". Enjoy. Go test drive one.

Good value, fun to drive, non-offensive.

by Passat1.8T2016Reviewer from Burlington, VT on Wed Jul 26 2017

The 2016 Passat underwent a mild refresh, nothing crazy but it does look more substantial. The new infotainment system is pretty great, has Apple CarPlay and Android (I haven't tried Android) and the default SE speakers do the job well enough over road/wind noises. Capacitive touchscreen is good but still has tried and true knobs for quick volume adjustments without looking. The car could use a little more sound deadening, especially at highway speeds, but it's still pretty good. You're not going to outrun anyone with the 1.8 turbo, but turbos are fun and the car doesn't feel slow. The extra boost is noticeable and keeps driving entertaining and fun even on long road trips. I was between an Accord Sport (with a CVT) and the Passat. I chose the Passat for the drive feel over the Accord. It's been about 10 months, ~8000 miles and I'm still very pleased with it.

Loved the car and its Safety.

by Safety Minded Mom from Denham Springs, LA on Tue May 16 2017

Loved the car, however, two weeks after buying it a17 year old boy, in a large truck, turned directly in front of me and I hit him traveling 45 mph, on his right fender and my left fender on my side of the highway and wrecked my car. But the car did great to protect me and my passenger because both airbags deployed, all curtains came down and our lives were saved by the safety of this car. The motor did not come in on us and the car performed at a 5-star rating. Hopefully I can get another one just like it or newer. Dianna A. Schenk

Spacious and sporty

by Bob from Oxford, Pa on Sat Jul 15 2017

Excellent handling power and roominess. The leg room in the back seat is outstanding. The 1.8L turbo has excellent power and the car handles beautifully. This is my second Passat and I will definitely get a third in a few years.

Corners like its on rails

by Passat Enthusiast from Baltimore, MD on Wed Jul 12 2017

I love the one year old Passat. I felt like a teenager driving it, like I should have been cast on Fast in Furious, and for a 30 plus year old Mom, that was fun but not the car for me, more the car for my teen daughter. With that being said, I would totally trust my teen daughter in this car. Very safe, handles beautifully and the technology ensures that she's keeping eyes, ears, and hands where they need to be. I would completely recommend this car for a new driver as well an experienced driver looking for a sports feel.

VW's Value Leader Passat S

by OERDavid from Alameda, CA on Sun Jul 09 2017

The VW Passat S is an exceptional value and is priced less than many versions of the VW Jetta. The baseline VW Jetta's have hard plastic interiors and are much smaller. In comparison, the VW Passat in base form has softer interiors, more comfortable seats, auto climate control, and a 1.8 Turbo engine. The interior is elegant. It's as though people who purchase the Jetta are subsidizing those who purchase the Passat (I've owned both)! The VW Passat is not really a drivers car...the suspension is soft and feels relatively compliant until you corner hard our hit road bumps. The suspension will lose composure fairly quickly and bob up and down. However, if you don't push it the ride is pleasant and quiet..good value. The brakes are too touchy and VW needs to address this in the next model year. The brakes grab too quickly...it's quite shocking actually, but you can get used to it. The Lease deals on these cars are amazingly low and this makes the Passat a great value.

Roomy car for the money

by Stillfree8 from Freehold, NJ on Tue Dec 12 2017

Runs good, fuel efficient, comfortable, has a lot of back seat space. Expensive to repair, Volkswagen labor charge is 130 an hour

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2016 Volkswagen Passat

The verdict: Multimedia system updates, a slew of new advanced safety features and lower fuel costs make the refreshed 2016 Volkswagen Passat much more attractive, even if its styling changes go largely unnoticed.

Versus the competition: The Passat remains one of the roomiest and best-driving mid/full-size sedans. Updates where they were most needed keep the 2016 competitive, though its mileage is beginning to trail even though it went up this year.

When it was introduced, the current-generation Volkswagen Passat sedan won Cars.com's top award, the Best of 2012. The midsize-priced, full-size sedan aged well, and the 2015 took third place against nine competitors — most of which had been redesigned... Read More