2016 Volkswagen Passat

2016 vw passat

by from riverside ca on March 8, 2016

We just got the new 2016 Passat se with tech. we were going to get the Honda accord but all I have to say is just DRIVE the Passat and you will love it. You can not bet the comfort for the price. We are getting 36 on the high way.

1.8T Passat Bargain

by from CHarlotte NC on August 10, 2016

Needed a weekend family car as I drive my pick-up truck as a daily commuter. Found this car in the DC Area new with over $6k off of sticker. Made the trip and couldn't be happier. On the drive back from DC to Charlotte NC area got great gas mileage. I was concerned about a 4 cylinder turbo but the car has great pick-up for a car this size. Nice leg room as am slightly over six feet in height. A great car for the money.

Homerun

by from Hadley, Massachusetts on November 14, 2015

I just purchased the refreshed 2016 Passat. All I can say is WOW! Volkswagen definitely hit this one out of the park. I love the clean, handsome design. I went with the SE with technology model. The seats are extremely comfortable, ton of interior and trunk space. The woodgrain is a nice touch on the inside and most surfaces are soft to the touch, which is tough to find in the midsize segment. My advice is to make sure you test drive the 2016 Passat if you are in the market for a midsize vehicle. You will get great gas mileage, comfort, value and reliability.

very reliable car

by from daphne al on July 9, 2016

I went to team Guenther Kia Daphne had a wonderful experience had a great sales person Brandon Alexander he was so friendly and helpful

2016 VW Passat SE

by from on April 5, 2017

Went to the dealership with the intent to buy a new Passat R-Line, but ended up buying a used Passat SE. I preferred the smoother ride of the SE. The sunroof was a nice bonus. I love the interior and massive leg room. Decent gas milage, but I miss my TDI milage. The apple Carplay integration is sweet. love the integration of gps, music and amazon music on the in-car screen. Very useful.

One year follow up

by from Louisville, KY on July 25, 2017

I reviewed this car almost one year ago when I purchased. See previous review for The Real Story by VW Fan. I stand by my initial review of the VW Passat SEL Premium V6. The car has only been in the shop ONCE and that has been for scheduled maintenance. Very good commuter and long traveler. Gas mileage for V6 is outstanding. Comfort is great for long or short distances. Still not a head turner-but I don't care. The Passat is a safe, fun, reliable, easy to drive car that still maintains some of the same old traditions that you will only find in the Passat-sporty, family sedan, in a class by itself, doesn't quickly go "out of style". Enjoy. Go test drive one.

A great buy.

by from Santa Clarita on June 11, 2017

An ugrade to what I had previously! Great find after an insurance nightmare. Thanks Cars.com you are the best online service.

Best Car Ever - VW Passat SEL Premium 3.6L V6

by from Longmont, CO on March 27, 2017

The 2016 PASSAT SEL Premium with the 3.6L VR6 engine. Awesome car! The VR6 engine gives me the power when I need it, especially with 4 adults in the car and a trunk full of luggage. I purchased this car because I needed a vehicle with lots or leg and head room in the front and back seats. I have two boys over 6'5" and they now have all the room they need.

Good value, fun to drive, non-offensive.

by from Burlington, VT on July 26, 2017

The 2016 Passat underwent a mild refresh, nothing crazy but it does look more substantial. The new infotainment system is pretty great, has Apple CarPlay and Android (I haven't tried Android) and the default SE speakers do the job well enough over road/wind noises. Capacitive touchscreen is good but still has tried and true knobs for quick volume adjustments without looking. The car could use a little more sound deadening, especially at highway speeds, but it's still pretty good. You're not going to outrun anyone with the 1.8 turbo, but turbos are fun and the car doesn't feel slow. The extra boost is noticeable and keeps driving entertaining and fun even on long road trips. I was between an Accord Sport (with a CVT) and the Passat. I chose the Passat for the drive feel over the Accord. It's been about 10 months, ~8000 miles and I'm still very pleased with it.

Great value!

by from Riverside, CA on April 24, 2017

Totally underrated and understated car and I love it. German quality for a bargain price. Have owned Audi A6 and S4, BMW 3/5 Series, currently a Benz as well.

Our Expert Review: 2016 Volkswagen Passat