2016 Volkswagen Passat

2016 vw passat

by from riverside ca on March 8, 2016

We just got the new 2016 Passat se with tech. we were going to get the Honda accord but all I have to say is just DRIVE the Passat and you will love it. You can not bet the comfort for the price. We are getting 36 on the high way.

1.8T Passat Bargain

by from CHarlotte NC on August 10, 2016

Needed a weekend family car as I drive my pick-up truck as a daily commuter. Found this car in the DC Area new with over $6k off of sticker. Made the trip and couldn't be happier. On the drive back from DC to Charlotte NC area got great gas mileage. I was concerned about a 4 cylinder turbo but the car has great pick-up for a car this size. Nice leg room as am slightly over six feet in height. A great car for the money.

Homerun

by from Hadley, Massachusetts on November 14, 2015

I just purchased the refreshed 2016 Passat. All I can say is WOW! Volkswagen definitely hit this one out of the park. I love the clean, handsome design. I went with the SE with technology model. The seats are extremely comfortable, ton of interior and trunk space. The woodgrain is a nice touch on the inside and most surfaces are soft to the touch, which is tough to find in the midsize segment. My advice is to make sure you test drive the 2016 Passat if you are in the market for a midsize vehicle. You will get great gas mileage, comfort, value and reliability.

very reliable car

by from daphne al on July 9, 2016

I went to team Guenther Kia Daphne had a wonderful experience had a great sales person Brandon Alexander he was so friendly and helpful

2016 Passat

by from Clear Spring, Md. on August 18, 2016

Awesome Car, inside and out, A lot of interior room, trunk is huge...Smooth quiet ride....It's a car you just have to test drive to see for yourself..

The REAL Story

by from on October 13, 2016

Well....some of the reviews are mixed on the 2016 Passat. As an avid follower of VW and Audi here is the EXPERT Consumer Skinny on this car. I recently purchased a 2016 Passat V6 SEL Premium with every available option. Overall the car is solid and safe. If you love firm comfortable "wrap around" seats you will love this car in the front seats. The front seats could also use a "tilt" option. What can I say about the back seat? It has more leg room than anyone should ever need. Yes this is a family sedan but one with the feel of a more sporty sedan. The navigation system overall is improved from the previous model. The car is responsive and great for commuting-not too big and not too small. Just the perfect size in my opinion. Yes some experts say the steering is uninspiring but I don't find this the case. The V6 does use premium fuel but can use regular unleaded now. The V6 is not as fuel efficient as the 1.8 T but the V6 is very smooth and quick. As for the technology it is simple and easy to use. The driver assistance features are nice too. I love the blind spot monitors-the warning light is not too big and not too small. Just right. The trunk is huge. There are virtually no blind spots in this car. You feel like you are riding in an open space. Is there anything I would like to see changed? Yes I do think there is an over abundance of hard plastic at knee level and below but above knee the materials are high quality and soft. I also would like to see the 2.0 Turbo back at some point in this car. I have mostly opted for the V6 engine over the years. Some expert reviews claim that this car is more expensive to own than similar models in the class. While I do agree to an extent, you have to remember the Passat has always been in a class by itself. No really a traditional family car but not yet a luxury car. You are also paying for the german engineering that you are not getting in those other brands-a price I am willing to pay. The Passat has changed greatly over the last 12 years. The Passat has gotten away from the Passat we know and loved in the 90's to one that is more mainstream and competitive. What we have now is a more Americanized Passat with cup holders but still has german engineering. Also made in America which is a +. The Passat is definitely not a trend setter or flashy eye catcher but what you have is a solid reliable fun to drive car. What do I like most? The fact that VW has maintained the ability to not angle the dash or add a lot of swooping lines to the front interior. It is a timeless piece that will not go out of style as quickly as some of the competitors. Hope you enjoy! Go drive one soon.

2016 Volkswagen Passat

by from Fulton, Ky. on May 15, 2016

This is the first time I have owned a European car; so I was unsure of what to expect. I could not "connect" with the Asian brands, and I found fault with American cars even though I had many of them. I have had the Passat now for four months and have put 6,600 pleasurable miles on it. At the first few hundred miles the gas mileage was about 34 m.p.g., but since then it has been consistently the advertised 38 m.p.g. The steering- wheel controls for information are a bit tricky for me. Overall it is the best car I have ever owned

Just drive this car!

by from San Antonio, TX on October 23, 2016

I just bought a 2016 VW Passat and think it is the perfect car. It handles and get the gas mileage of a small car but, rides and has the room of a large car. The interior is simple, handsome, and functional. I think it's a German thing, there is something special and enjoyable about driving a German engineered car. It makes the daily commute a pleasure instead of a task. I have owned many cars including Japanese and American made cars and they just cannot compare with the way this car connects you to the road. Just test drive all of the choices in this category and I would be willing to bet that you will come back to the Passat. It's a great ride.

Pleased with our Passat

by from Roseville, CA on December 24, 2015

We've driven about 2,000 miles in just over 4 weeks, on super-highways and on unimproved roads, and our new car is exceptional in all ways. We are most happy with the level of comfort and with its general "roadability", as well as good looks and quality finish. A couple of issues: 1. A trouble-light indicating a cooling system problem. The reservoir was empty, but the temperature gauge indicated normal operating temperature. Reading the manual left us with a very uncomfortable feeling, as only VW coolant can be used to replenish, and we had none. We would not expect to see any loss of coolant in the short time we've had the car. And, worse, when we took the car to the VW dealer, they could not find a cause and could not explain. So I had to buy a gallon of coolant for $25 as my highway insurance. 2. We have the infotainment system, and I expected to be able to easily connect my Android phone. Alas, only Apple devices seem to be easily installed. I was not told of this at the dealer. 3. Fog lights are installed, but the Owners Manual instructions don't really work as written. So that will take some additional dealer help. 4. Fuel economy with our 1800 cc engine is far short of the advertised figure of 38 mpg highway. The best we have achieved on level stretches is about 32 or 33 mpg. Our average, with mostly highway driving is about 30 mpg. Still nice, but definitely a disappointment.

Perfect price and reliable. Daniel Rahani is great

by from Spokane Valley, WA. on April 24, 2016

Daniel Rihani made my day with a perfect price that matched up with my budget and now my wife does not have to worry about getting to work now. The car drives excellent! Thanks Daniel!

Our Expert Review: 2016 Volkswagen Passat