I wish I would have bought my car at Napleton, their service department is second to none, and beats out my previous experiences by a long shot.
'17 Wolfsburg showing signs of VW unreliability...
by Md428 from Austin, TX
January 27, 2019
-Exterior design is great, will age well.
-Interior is the best in the class, very upscale compared to the competition.
- Loads of modern tech and safety features.
- Performance is great. A lot quicker than vw claims, handling is incredible too.
- Very quiet cabin and the suspension absorbs all types of road bumps and imperfections.
Cons (unreliable issues):
- At 15k miles, sunroof began to leak water. Fixed under warranty.
- At 20k miles, the plastic water pump cracked and began to slowly leak coolant. Fixed under warranty.
- At 21k miles, terrible vibrations when applying brakes. Ended up being warped front rotors (at 21k miles!!!). Warranty does not cover and will charge a fortune to fix. Please, please get it replaced with an aftermarket rotor and install yourself or at a mechanic.
- Interior has always had some type of rattling noise. Dealer resolved some, but not all the issues.
Love the car so much, but please be aware of the Volkswagen reliability issues that may come down the line.
I take my 2016 Outlander sport there to be serviced. They have very friendly service personnel. I always feel very welcomed and as though I am an important client. They inform me if things need to be done while I am there so I don't have to return another time. I appreciate this because I do not live in Springfield and it is often not easy to get in to Springfield just anytime. When I call for an appointment it is easy and quick to get in. I don't have to wait weeks for an appointment. They also have good hours for working persons. I will continue to go to Napleton Volkswagen Springfield.
I've only had it 5 day and not one day of trouble
by Mette from Tulsa
January 14, 2019
It's the right size at the right price. It's very comfortable with plenty of leg room for taller family members. But mostly it's very pretty.
Scheduling of work was quick and easy both by phone and through the internet web site. Personnel were very friendly and helpful. We now take all 3 of our vehicles here for service and repair.
Very surprising. Trade-in value not so good.
by Jess from Georgia
January 6, 2019
Fun to drive. Comfortable. Superb power and fuel efficiency. Average 35 mpg combined. 5 spd manual. Prefers mid-grade fuel...clutch a bit tricky, but less so on 89 octane. Have considered trading for new truck but trade-in offers were terrible. Hard to walk away from such a great car. Tons more power than 89 GTI I owned in UK.
I've bought 5 cars at this dealership since 2010, 3 since 2016. Since Napleton bought it, the service department has gotten better and better, especially since Derek Owens took over as service manager. I have no qualms about recommending these guys to look after you Volkswagen vehicle!
A very fine & complete car
by Ozz from Cornwall
January 24, 2019
So far, I have been very much enjoying my 1.6 TDi Match DSG.
Comfortable,smooth,quiet & well equipped.
DSG box is excellent. Classy & classless car.
* Title, other fees, and incentives are not included in this calculation, which is an estimate only. Monthly payment estimates are for illustrative purposes only and do not represent a financing offer from the seller. Other taxes may apply.
The information on vehicles provided in this service is supplied by the seller or other third
parties; Cars.com is not responsible for the accuracy of such information. Cars.com provides
service and materials without representations or warranties of any kind, either expressed or
See our terms of service for more details.