2005 Acura TL consumer reviews

$33,100–$35,300 MSRP range
side view of 2005 TL Acura
Explore the 2005 Acura TL
Shop the 2005 Acura TL

Best value for your money right now

Awesome car. Right now this is one of the best values you will find on the used market. Recommend the manual and change the transmission fluid to GM synchromesh asap

Acuras are some of the best

Acuras have always have been one of my top cars I Oregon to own. Reliable and dependable. Base models are even well equipped so even at that baee model, they have a lot. Luxury and speed in one car. Run much smoother than a honda as I owned several of both. They are known for running exceedingly long. Acura customer service is great as well. Expensive but the excellence of the car is worth the cost. Also, a well known car so every repair shop has the tools to work on them. I've been lucky where everyone of my cars has not needed any major repairs outside of maintenance and what's expected. Even this, I haven't seen much until after 200,000 miles. There is very little I don't like about Acura, even the older ones.

Reliable and Fast!

Great car for the age. Mine has well over 150,000 miles and still runs great. Reliable, cute interior, easy to clean and maintain. Highly recommend this car and other Acura sedans to anyone.

Great car for the price!

My Acura is great so far. Interior is convenient, looks and feels good and it has lots of fun additions. the car runs well after 100,000 miles! Great handling and it still gets up. Simply put its fun to drive and I’m very happy with my purchase.

timeless design

old car but with a nice detail looks just as good as any new vehicle out there. Interior and features still more premium than some modern cars. Only problem, as with any old car, many common problems that were never addressed by acura such as the transmission, the dashboard, the leather seats. Owners must stay on top of maintenance, and the car could last forever.

4.1

Okay but has certain problems

I bought mine at 195k miles. It had lowered suspension and had been mistreated. Common problems with this car.. Cracked dashboard . Bluetooth Hands free drains the battery . Wiper motor went out. No low end torque but runs very well on the highway. I daily drive and have 228k miles now. Looks like it will hit 300k.

Acura TL best car I’ve ever owned!

I have had two Acura TLs. No complaints whatsoever. Still driving the 2005 and only has need routine maintenance. I get a lot of compliments on it and will find it hard to replace!

Extremely reliable and Very comfortable

This car is in excellent condition. It is reliable and meet all my needs. Very comfortable and drives very well. Only selling it because I no longer need this car. I love this car.

Reliable

The car is spacious, comfortable & drives very well!! Glad I made the purchase! Virginia Luxury Motors treated me WELL & I would highly recommend to purchase your next vehicle from them!

Best Car In Segment - Follow up

I wrote a review under the heading Best Car In Segment back in 2010. I still have the same TL and it now has 223,000 miles on it and still runs like a dream. I also have a 2013 Honda Accord EX-L with a V6 and a 2012 Acura MDX, and although they are all good vehicles, the 05 TL still drives better than either of the other two. The leather is showing signs of wear and tear, and the navigation unit stopped functioning (it can be fixed for $399 but I use my phone for GPS activity as it has the most current mapping etc). The quiet ride is really noticeable to me after I drive the other cars, and the double wishbone suspension in the front really comes alive when I dive into corners and excelerate onto on ramps. The 6 speed manual transmission is an absolute joy for those who appreciate the multi-limbed driving experience. I average about 22 mpg with a combination of city/highway driving. Bluetooth still works great, and the other amenities (heated seats, satellite radio, 6 CD changer, sunroof) are also a bonus. The one item that the 2005 does not have that is noticeably missing is the rear back up camera. The rear deck is a little high and backing into a tight spot can take a bit of guesswork sometimes, but overall this is still far and away the best car I've ever owned. I have had many offers to buy it from me, but I will be holding onto this car until it literally falls apart. Maintenance has been more than reasonable - change the oil & rotate the tires and keep on rolling. I am still on the original clutch!