2019 Cadillac XT5 consumer reviews

$41,695–$44,695 MSRP range
side view of 2019 XT5 Cadillac
Explore the 2019 Cadillac XT5
Shop the 2019 Cadillac XT5

The test drive will sell you

The XT5 is a great car that is quick, comfortable, fun to drive and it stands out from a crowded suv market. There is very little I would change. I like the 310 hp V6, 8 speed transmission and the brakes are smooth while performing quick stops very well. I do not care for the run / stop feature on the XT5 or any car for that matter. The fit and finish were impressive as well.

4.4

Stylish Buy

Smart styling and excellent gas mileage. This car is very comfortable to drive and has an elegant appearance. Handles beautifully on the road with a smooth, quiet ride. Hard to beat Cadillac Certified Service

Exquisite car

We have been driving our 2019 XT5 Luxury V6, 3.6 L, FWD, horizon red (exterior), Sahara beige (interior), family SUV for more a year and half, now, and are excited every single time we enter it. With our previous cars, the longer we had them the less delighted we were. It definitely is NOT the case with our XT5. The aesthetics are superb, as the cabin inside feels like a piece of art, while still being a real car. (We came to believe that critics of XT5 interior were not seeing the forest for the trees; focused on nitty-bitty details, like "rough edges" of door pockets, but completely missing or mischaracterizing it as a whole). The appearance of exterior is sharp, not your neighbor's yet another SUV, and elegant. The front and rear boomerang-shaped lights are in our opinion the best looking in the auto industry. Very appropriate for a true luxury vehicle, which it is. Although the cabin is very spacious and comfy, the car's outside dimensions are about perfect for parking in a standard garage or parking lot. Before we bought our XT5 we wanted to buy Explorer, but parking it, even with automatic car assist was a frustrating experience due to its oversized width. (Also, Explorer - the top of the line version - did not feel nearly as luxurious inside as XT5.) The V6 quietness and pick up are very satisfying. The auto stop-restart gets some time to get used to it, but after a while we actually like it. It's pretty cool. Driving it is a pleasure, too. Smooth ride like a velvet, easy to maneuver, all-by-wire steering and transmission will amaze you. It feels like a light-weighted car and not 2,500 lb gross weight truck. It does exactly what the driver wants it to do. So far no repairs, just oil change and washing. Fuel efficiency is good, although we don't drive it too fast. Now, some critical comments. Our biggest concern probably pertains to virtually all new vehicles available on the market. The "short travel" suspension that today's cars utilize may look sharp and fashionable, provide better fuel economy and feeling of the road, and offer a smooth ride on a good quality pavement, but becomes rough and bumpy on bumpy roads. We remember times when a full-size or mid-size cars were floating through roads' imperfections as the only parts that were moving up and down were the wheels. Unfortunately, that is no longer the case with today's new cars. When a highway has a bump, you cans see that the wheels AND the entire body of every new car are moving up and down on it. Our second concern is the car length. Making it a few inches longer (perhaps, an optional "L" version) would make the rear half of the cabin feel like an upscale saloon. We wonder why manufacturers of most cars abandoned the idea that it is the rear seats that should be the most spacious and comfortable. Not that we complain about XT5's rear seat, its is comfy and can be moved back and forth, and reclined a bit, but, again, we are a bit critical about the recent trend in auto industry in this respect. Our third concern is with the control/GPS screen. It misses a shade so when the sun is up it sometimes throws the light directly on it, which makes it more difficult to read some small details. We also found it difficult to buy one specific accessory: pillows that would allow passengers to sleep while riding in upward position. Perhaps, Cadillac could consider commissioning them; they would greatly enhance the pleasures (or reduce tiredness) of the long-distance driving. Other than that, we love it from the first sight. We probably will keep it indefinitely.

Best car I ever purchased.

This Cadillac was best value for the costs. Best drive, best performance. Great riding Suv, great appearance, a car that truly stands out. I am forever a Cadillac buyer.

Great balance between luxury and practicality

Good head and leg room in front seat for tall people. Back seat is smaller, great for kids but not large adults. Great amenities and cockpit design

One of the top 3 VEHICLES EVER MADE BY CADILLAC!

The XT5 is the perfect vehicle when it comes to both class & sportyness. Such a roomy interior, with amazing quiet & plush comfort. The AWD will get you where you need to go in both style & comfort!

Most comfortable car I've ever owned

I now understand why people buy Cadillacs. There is really nothing else that compares in comfort. I'm in the transportation business and have driven numerous vehicles and can not find one as comfortable. We travel a lot and have some back issues and this vehicle is perfect with its lumbar support. The design and interior quality is excellent. The base 14 speaker sound system is phenomenal. Big easy to use Cadillac que system is great. More power than its competitors and better gas mileage. I get 27 mpg on the highway and 23 mpg in town out of a larger suv. The gear shifter takes about 2 minutes to get used to. The lane assist is great and not annoying like most foreign vehicles. The only negative I have is depreciation. If you are looking to trade in after a couple of years you will be very frustrated. This is my second one and I lost 60% of the value in 3 years on the first one. Not good. However, you can get a great deal on one as a leftover or even used with low miles it's worth it for me. If I wanted something that doesn't depreciate and not nearly as comfortable I would have bought a Toyota. However, I value comfort and style at this stage in my life.

Love the car

So far we love the car. Still learning all the extras the car has to offer. It's a beautiful comfortable car. And so far getting great gas mileage.

Luxury better than Benz or BMW

This car is more spacious than X3 and at a lesser price. I really like the comfortable ride, spacious interiors and the price which is lower than other luxury cars.

Best Cadillac I have owned

Very comfortable for long road trips with the family. We have owned several GM vehicles, But the XT5 is by far the most comfortable vehicle he have owned.