As General Motors’ primary contender in the subcompact market, the four-door Aveo sedan competes with other entry-level vehicles, including the Hyundai Accent and Kia Rio. The hatchback Aveo5 was restyled for 2010, and GM says it is planning to introduce a new Aveo for the 2012 model year.
(Skip to details on the: Aveo5)
There are no significant changes.
The Aveo’s design creates the illusion of a larger car, with contoured side feature lines running front to rear, pronounced “shoulders” over the wheel openings and body-colored doorsills. Three-dimensional headlights and bold, round taillamps also add to the car’s exterior character.
- Standard 14-inch wheels
- Available 15-inch wheels
- Available fog lamps
- Chrome-accented grille
The Aveo’s interior includes a standard 60/40-split folding backseat and a fold-flat front passenger seat that expands the cargo area for longer items. Interior options include imitation wood trim, faux leather seats and a power moonroof.
- Standard OnStar communication system with six months of Directions and Connections service (subscription required afterward)
- Available XM Satellite Radio
- Standard AM/FM stereo with MP3 jack
- Optional air conditioning
The Aveo is powered by GM’s Ecotec 1.6-liter four-cylinder engine, which was boosted for 2010 to produce 108 horsepower and 105 pounds-feet of torque. Transmissions include a standard five-speed manual or optional four-speed automatic.
- Electronic throttle control
- Standard power rack-and-pinion steering
- Four-speed automatic can hold higher gears to help with traction on slippery surfaces
The Aveo boasts standard front- and side-impact airbags for the front seats. Side curtain airbags are not available.
- Available antilock brakes (requires higher trim level)
- Stability system not available
The Aveo5 is the hatchback version of Chevrolet’s value-priced small car. The Aveo5 has a special grille treatment that doesn’t look anything like the sedan. The large, rectangular grille dominates the Aveo5’s front, and it’s split by a body-colored section with the Chevy bowtie logo on it. Front bucket seats and 60/40-split flip-and-fold rear seats offer room for up to five people. All trims feature an Ecotec 1.6-liter four-cylinder with 108 horsepower. All trims come with a standard five-speed manual transmission or optional four-speed automatic.
- 14-inch wheels standard
- 15-inch wheels optional
- Two-tone cabin available
- Standard side-impact airbags
- Optional antilock brakes Back to top