2015 Impala

2015 Chevrolet Impala

2015 Chevrolet Impala

Have You Driven the 2015 Chevrolet Impala?

Great Car!

by Toreso from Denver, CO on Tue Jan 19 2016

Since I travel a great deal in my work, I found myself renting a variety of different vehicles. Several times I have had the opportunity to drive a Chevrolet Impala, the 2014 and the 2015. After some thought, I settled on a 2015 Chevy Impala. It is the first Chevy I have ever owned. It has the big engine and most of the bells and whistles. Although not the Impala of the 70's I remember our neighbors having, it was a real surprise. It is roomy, handles well and performs very well on the road. The trunk is very nice sized and although the back seat room is not like the old Impalas, it has enough room to travel with comfort. The instrumentation is very well laid out and I light the added lighting they have place in it around the door handles and other areas. A bit dim with the LEDS, it still provides enough light for working in low light and not bothering the driver. The ride is very smooth and the interior sound levels on the highway or in town are low. Frankly, I was surprised.

Confy, Quick, and WOW factor

by Big Car Fan from Houston, Texas on Mon Feb 16 2015

I've only had my 2015 Impala LTZ for a short time, but I am very impressed with the overall package that Chevrolet has developed. First, the exterior styling has WOW factor: It's dramatic, and has a very aggressive presence. I regularly receive enthusiastic comments and compliments from strangers. Secondly, the interior has a distinctive style, with a variety of attractive, supple finishes and elegant textures. The gentle blue ambient interior night lighting is a very pleasant touch. The heated & ventilated front seats are large, comfy, and for me - they do not induce any fatigue. The car is also quick, and it handles much better than you might expect. The interior is relatively quiet, but there's just enough baritone exhaust note to remind you (and passers-by) that you're rolling with a V6. I'm also surprised by how stiff the structure is. - The body feels solid, with no "flex creaks" when traveling over bad roads.

4th new Impala in 12 years

by ZakImpala from Pittsburgh, PA on Sun Feb 21 2016

My new Chevy history is one of very reliable cars: a '95 Cavalier, a 2000 Malibu, then as we were expecting our 3rd daughter, it was time for our 6-passenger '03 Impala. A very reliable car.Then I got the '08 Impala SS. Wow, what a beast! But still needing a 6 passenger, I also bought an '08 Impala with the small V-6. Excellent in the snow compared to the SS with all that torque.I traded the SS for a GMC Terrain. Bought the wife a 2012 Cruze, but I wanted the new Impala, so I got rid of the SUV for a new 2015 Impala. Lots of power when I need it with 305 HP, but better in the snow than the SS was. It has a very nice ride, very quiet, and not an LTZ but still loaded up very nice with all the options I need. Very good-sounding stereo, but very confusing to program. After 3000 miles I still haven't figured out how to program it. I am not going to renew the OnStar when the complimentary subscription expires because it is too expensive for all I use it. But other than that, I would take this over most any car i have ever owned. The mileage is 12 to 14 MPG city (Pittsburgh). I've never taken it on a road trip to Fla. yet, so I can't give a highway MPG review. Steering wheel controls for stereo are very convenient. The backup camera is VERY accurate and it has spoiled me! Of course, Chevy's remote start guarantees a nice warm car in the cold PGH weather. The color called Autumn Bronze Metallic is very beautiful on a sunny day. I would recommend this car to anybody. Powerful, roomy, and all gauges and controls easily accessible.

by Ken from Hollister, CA on Mon Feb 15 2016

I had this car for only a month than I got into a wreck. Let me say this car can handle itself. Air bags are reliable and everyone came out unharmed. Definitely getting another one.

Big Bang for Fair Buck...

by Coupe Guy from Romeoville, Il on Mon Mar 14 2016

First off allow me to say this is my First sedan.....EVER!! I've been a coupe guy (hence the name) since ever. And as a coupe guy I love them for their nimble abilities, quick bursts of speed and most importantly, Handling!! But this beast of a ride is quite the set of wheels! Firstly it has an very sporty, stylish, aggressive yet smooth look. For a guy that likes cars for their looks this one wins for me. But at the same time it has a luxury feel to it as well, now I'll be honest I am NOT a luxury car person... No disrespect for those whom like and prefer that, but again I came from a smaller background for cars and I'm into the harder, stiffer, meaner looks for cars in an out. Secondly, should you be one of the few whose gotten the 305hp ride, be weary my friends it has A lot of bite!! Just giving it a little bit of gas will give it quite a bit of go!! Now if you're on the highway and decide to give it "Real Gas"... brace yourselves!!! Thirdly with all the horses it pushes the car rides smoothly and with ease handling all that go!! It is impressive as a sedan playing coupe to me lol!! Gets up like a couple, smooth sailing like a comfy luxury sedan. Best marriage to car so far! Lastly and importantly the sticker tag.. I bought a '15 Black lt model. It has Lots of things going for it on the inside. No leather, but a knock off cloth/leather type combo. A gorgeous dash fit to the driver and a screen that isn't overpowering or bulky. For most of what it has (at least for the lt model) you would Easily assume to pay at least $40k or more...but No!! Now I'm not sure how much it is for a '16 model and what differences it may have from a year ago, but Still!! I'm new to the sedan world, I've only liked a handful over these pass few years and this one was worth the transition for me, I still feel as though I have a ride that can get from A to B with a lil authority!! If you looking for a good combo ride and aren't feeling like and "old guy" yet lol...this'll do!! Or hey if you are an older guy but still likes a lil pep in your step, be sure to check this girl out!

Impressive Impala

by Chevy Man from Montgomery, AL on Sun Jan 03 2016

I am very impressed by the improvements that GM has made to the Chevrolet Impala from the totally new body concept to its engine performance. I purchased my car in November 2014 after comparing it to the Nissan Maxima and Hyundai Genesis. In my opinion, the Impala surpasses all vehicles in it's class. My car was recently determined a total loss after a traffic accident and I chose to replace it with another Impala. I am proud to own this car!! I have the LTZ trim with all options and I become more impressed each day with this car.

RENTED THIS CAR PAST 2YRS ON VACATION

by CAT LOVER from Maryland , silver spring on Fri Dec 11 2015

The 2014 &15 are outstanding cars, so I bought a 2015 Chevy Impala limited and its a fleet rental, it had 18,000 miles when I purchased it. So far its been very good after putting 1,000 more miles. The v6 is a must if you buy new. The only thing you give up is gas mileage I get 22 on 50/50 city & high way. NO long trip yet.All features are great, Pairing your cell phone is some what hard ( blue tooth) You can use ON star its a subscription service which has G P S .

Finest Car I've Owned

by Midwest Guy from Wisconsin on Sat Jun 13 2015

Have had my 2015 Impala LTZ for 5 months. Styling inside and out are excellent. V6 power very responsive and more than adequate. Has to be one the quietest interiors on the road at highway speeds. Braking very smooth. Leg room fantastic and trunk space wonderful (even more so with rear seats folded flat). I am 6'0" and with driver's seat set comfortably for me I can sit in the rear and cross my legs. On one 800 mile trip including interstate, city stop and go and some idling I got 28+ mpg overall. When people report low mileage they must be driving way too fast and accelerating and braking way too hard. MyLink works fine for me. Perhaps the most satisfying thing is the rock solid feel of the car. Very pleased.

Love my 5th Impala

by maximus from Caledonia NY on Tue Jun 23 2015

I have only had this car for a month and love it. It really attracts interest from people who see it. The only problem I have is that the storage bin under the truck floor gets water condensation when the car is driven and you can not store anything that you do not want to get wet.

Praise for the Impala Redesign

by JC from Houston, TX on Tue Mar 24 2015

Pros Continued from the 2014 model, the Impala's redesign continues to turn heads, literally. I noticed a couple personally. I've seen only a handful on the road so far which could it explain the longer than normal looks. It definitely stands out from the thousands of older model Impalas you see every day. The car is huge - inside and out. I was coming from a mid-size so I already knew what I was getting into and the reason why I went with the Impala because I wanted a bigger car but not just bigger in form alone. The Impala carries the weight well with the 305 HP, V6 engine. The inside cabin is roomy and spacious and you could easily fit a smart car in the trunk. The revamped interior is also great but not as awe-inspiring as the exterior. Think classic but modern. Classic in the sense that Chevy avoided all the excess buttons and clutter and kept it fairly simple with and traditional, which I actually appreciate. I prefer the classic knobs to control temp and volume where many manufacturers are shifting to touchscreen everywhere. Modern in the sense that the option is still available with the steering wheel panel (front and back) and the 8" screen that handles everything outside of climate control. I also can appreciate the "baseball glove" like faux leather dash and seats. Road noise is minimal to non existent and the ride is luxury smooth. Two things I was surprised of when it came to the Impala. For the engine to pack such punch, sometimes I can barely tell if the car is even on. Oh but when I'm looking to kick back and enjoy the ride, the muffled growl of the V6 gives you just enough volume to let you know she's not playing games. It's this ratio of comfort to performance that I just didn't see in the Accord, Avalon, or Charger. Cons My only con would of course be the lackluster gas mileage with the V6 option. I went with the V6 so obviously it's not that big a deal for me but if you're used to the 30+ mpg you get in your midsizes and economy cars, you have been warned. Combined, I'm getting about 25mpg and that's with what I consider to be "driving economically." That's no rushing, speed limit conscious and overall laid back trip with moderate to heavy traffic. On the days where I have a slightly heavier foot, I'm looking at 22-23mpg. Overall, it's an excellent car that I hope to keep around until the wheels fall off.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Our Take on the 2015 Chevrolet Impala

Editor's note: This review was written in March 2013 about the 2014 Chevrolet Impala. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2015, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

Despite its position atop Chevrolet's sedan lineup, the full-size Impala hasn't been much of a flagship for the brand in recent years. Instead, the aging car has become synonymous with rental cars — or precisely the opposite of what a flagship is supposed to conjure.

That's about to change with the completely redesigned 2014 Chevrolet Impala, which delivers the kind of comfort, roominess and luxury touches expected of a true flagship.

Offered in LS... Read More