Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2007 Silverado 1500

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

4.4

Have You Driven the 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500?

Nothing Beats Chevy

by Chevy for life from Florida on Tue Jan 10 2012

This is my 2nd GM vehicle I have owned, I traded my first GMC in for a Ford F350 and that was the biggest mistake ever, I had my GMC for 2 years and didnt have one problem within 2 months of owning the Ford I was in the shop 3 times. Now going back to a Chevy I feel much safer and stay on road longer, I also add 8-10 inch lifts on my trucks and even with those modifications it still ran perfect with no problems. I would def recommend any GM trucks to anyone

dependable truck

by chevy truck driver from on Fri Jun 19 2009

I've always wanted a truck since I was a kid. The chevy silverado newer version was just right. It is a little hard to park but I've been improving on that. Good acceleration and good handling. I like the sound of the engine when it accelerates. Attractive exterior and interior. I drive it to work and school and its great. I average about 16-20 mpg. I feel safe in it!! Great truck!! Good job GM!!

Best Truck I have Ever Owned

by Chevy Truck Fan from Beaufort, SC on Tue Mar 29 2011

The 2WD Crew Cab version of this truck with the 5.3L V8 is all you need for everything. Gas mileage is great for a large truck and it has a very comfortable ride.

Incredable

by deadeye from on Tue Feb 01 2011

A must drive, More power then you will ever neead. Rides like a luxuary car with the build of a truck.

Silverado's are the way to go

by Drew from Granby, CT on Wed Apr 15 2015

I owned a 1995 Silverado before I purchased this one and I fell in love with it. When shopping around I test drove multiple different brands and body styles of trucks. I finally found this 2007 Silverado and could tell it was the one. Truck gives a smoother ride that my families 2014 CRV. The interior is very high tech looking and the seats are extremely comfortable. Even though it's only an extended cab there is tons of room in the back. I've had 3 bigger sized people sitting in the back with room to spare. It is a perfect vehicle for someone who drives by themselves a lot but occasionally needs room for 3 or more people. I will most likely purchase another Silverado in the future because of the comfort and exterior styling of the truck.

Very nice change

by cowboy from covington GA on Mon Jul 23 2007

I have the 5.3 Z71 4X4, i love the truck especially the extended cab doors. It has good power for the 5.3 and 4X4 is strong. I wish that the front end did not sit so low, and DO NOT BUY THE GRAY CLOTH INTERIOR its a bad material and lint sticks to it i have had mine for about 3 months and it look very bad you cant keep it off i have to lint roll it every week to keep it off.....

Not as good as GM hyped it to be.

by MadTrucker from Haddam, CT. on Fri Dec 28 2007

I have a 2007 Silverado LT1 4.8 auto, ext. cab 2wd. Ride is still jittery, gas mileage is worse than my 2006 Silverado with 4wd and a 5.3 engine! Doors feel light and cheap when they close. Fit and finish are poor. Front seats (40/60) are tilted too far back cutting off your circulation if you have your legs extended. Need power seats to adjust. I've been a GM customer for 40 years but think it's time to look at other makers, like Toyota.

Does not recommend this car!!

best truck on the road

by truck driver from dover,ohio on Tue Aug 07 2012

this truck has it all. the extended cab is very well designed and the 8 ft bed can hold plenty.the new style body design is very sharp with clean lines and a new headlight design that makes it one of the best looking trucks on the road.

Awesome truck

by Bill from on Tue Jul 23 2013

I bought this truck used, it had 75.306 on the engine. It's a Z71 and I added a cold air intake with a throttle body spacer and my truck gets 485 miles from full tank to empty tank. I love this truck and it has never let me down at all, i bought it and re did all the maintenance for my own piece of mind, oil change, transmission flush, etc.. Tough recommended truck. Interior is awesome, comfortable, and a good ride. exterior has style. i think its a great truck!

Great truck!

by Curlie from Roseland, LA on Sat May 26 2018

This is a great truck with no mechanical issues in 86k miles. The original tires were rotated and still had good tread at 60k miles. Though it never received rough treatment, it did continue to tow a 2500 lb camper effortlessly a few times a year. I hope my new Silverado is as reliable.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Our Take on the 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

Time to slip into jeans and sneakers and hop in the Chevy Silverado, the high-volume (read high-profit) member of the full-size pickup family at General Motors.

Previously we tested the GMC Sierra (Transportation, Feb. 4), and now it's Silverado's turn.

The difference?

Sierra is a little more fashionable, Silverado a little more fun.

In either case, the full-size GM pickup has been redesigned inside and out to boost sales, important because every Silverado or Sierra brings more profit into the GM coffers than one dozen mini Aveo sedans.

To say full-size pickup owners were hurt when gas prices skyrocketed is an understatement, though those who used the truck for work every day suffered more than those who... Read More