As a long time GM fan, I purchased a 2012 Chrysler 200, drove it for 3 years trying to decide what vehicle I really wanted. After 3 years, 80,000 miles, and some nice improvements to the 200, I once a...
As a long time GM fan, I purchased a 2012 Chrysler 200, drove it for 3 years trying to decide what vehicle I really wanted. After 3 years, 80,000 miles, and some nice improvements to the 200, I once again returned to Chrysler. I like luxury, so the 200C fit the bill.
1) Probably the nicest looking and functional Instrument Cluster I have ever seen. Designed really nicely and implemented well. The blue and white color scheme is really nice. Integration with the navigation system was a nice surprise - as you approach a turn, the display will show the upcoming turn.
2) The leather bucket seats are comfortable and nice looking - improved over the 2012 model.
3) I like the Panoramic Moonroof - wind buffeting could be reduced however.
4) The bottle holders in the front door was a nice addition.
5) Controls are well laid out and aesthetically pleasing. Most of the controls are integrated into the 8.4 inch display, however redundant climate controls are nicely done. Missing are the independent heated seat controls - would be nice to have these back. Also, the light switch was moved from the steering wheel stalk to the left side of the dash - nicely placed, but I keep hitting it with my knee and changing the position.
6) Engine and the 9-speed transmission seem smoother than the 2012.
7) Steering wheel has a nice feel and controls are well laid out. Switches appear to be of higher quality.
8) Homelink is still on the visor - I think this should be moved to the more standard rear view mirrow. When the visor is flipped down, you cant see the buttons.
9) Dial shift control - some people don't like it, personally I do. I only took a few days to adjust to the new type of control.
10) The 8.4" touchscreen display if very nice, well integrated. Chrysler's uConnect is one of the best systems in vehicles today. The bluetooth integration just works. I would like to see a higher quality touchscreen put on the unit however. Yelp is a nice addition - you can actually find things now via voice command.
11) Center console - they tried some innovative things with allowing the cup holders to slide under the armrest - I don't like it. You can't slide it back if you have anything in the center console, and I miss the small upper section they got rid of. I want to see the dual lid come back.
Overall I really like this vehicle. You can find another vehicle equipped so well for the same price. The vehicle has a nice quiet ride, looks nice, and gets decent gas mileage.
Excellent Value! nice job Chrysler.