2018 Chrysler Pacifica

All Reviews

by from Sun City Center, Fl on October 29, 2017

I have had several. This one is the quietest, smoothest riding one so far. I imagine this vehicle would ride as nice with other tires and wheels, but I opted for the 8th seat, which removed the sun roof, but added the 20 inch wheels with wider tires. Great so far. However, there are suggestions to make it better. I do not know if they have asked previous owners for suggestions. 1. Direction(E/W/S/N) on the screen behind the steering wheel should be on the top, not the bottom. Steering wheel blocks it. 2. Manual capability for the 3rd row seats should the electric mode fail.. 3. I personally prefer rear, side vent windows. Not an option on this model. 4. Lumbar in the drivers seat could come out further. 5. the hanger hooks on each side of the 2nd row seats could be bigger. 6. I would like to see another set of hanger hooks behind the 2nd row seat to place a hanger bar when the 2nd row seats are occupied and you need to hang whatever. Aside from my recommendations I am very pleased with this vehicle. I would recommend it to any mini van lover.

by from Phoenix, AZ on November 13, 2017

This car replaces a 2005 Dodge Caravan, which although mechanically and bodywise sound, was starting to show some aging. I researched the Pacifica because it is the replacement for not only the Dodge Caravans, but also the Chrysler Town and Countrys. The build quality is excellent, the fit and fitment of the interior, and the comfort are the same as my Honda Accord. The features/components of the five major levels of build led me to purchase the Touring L+ car, as one of my major needs was for the 8 way passenger seat with lumbar support, since my wife has trouble being comfortable in car seats. Another was the surround view from the cameras that are around the car. A plus, but not needed and probably will never be used by myself is the parking assist for straight in as well as parallel parking. Climate control for the front and back is controllable from the front, or a control panel located in the mid-section where the midcar passenger/s can control their climate. Most of what one would expect from a car nowadays is standard equipment, and then the options can be added. My particular car came with the towing package, which was what my Caravan also had. This came with the receiver and wiring plugs installed, all that was needed was the ball hitch to slide into the receiver. Keyless entry and starting, along with the "hands free" feature really spoil a person - not having to reach in the pocket for the key, especially when holding a bag of groceries. The biggest selling point for me, was when Chrysler introduced the "stow and go" seating. I got very tired of taking out seats and storing them temporarily in the living room until the need for their being out was ended. The ability to haul long stuff is tremendous! With the Caravan, I hauled 4'x8' plywood, drywall, sack concrete and loose gravel, furniture ad nauseum. I probably won't be as hard on the Pacifica, because it is furnished much nicer, but it still can be used as needed. I'm very happy with mine.

by from Houston, Texas on October 20, 2017

So far so good after owning the 2018 Chrysler Pacifica for two weeks. There are many features and benefits we need to learn about this van and Chrysler is willing to educate us. It is loaded and we are leaning new things about it daily. We really like the safety features and styling. This is no soccer mom's van.

by from Vancouver Wa. on November 15, 2017

It almost drives for me, it won't let me drive off of the road. It stops me from backing into things. it tells me when I am to close to other things.. My one concern is what happens if I go into the store and loose may key.How do I get in ? On my other cars I have a hide out key. Jens Nielsen

by from McAllen on November 23, 2017

So far meet my expectations. Very spacious and roomy. Love the sides sensors. Love the talk to text options.

by from Zephyrhills fl on February 18, 2018

I am very impressed with the out off the show room gas mileage of 28+mph even driving at interstate speeds

by from Fremont,CA on January 19, 2018

Bought this to be able to transport bikes and a trike without mounting a heavy carrier or hoisting something on roof racks. The stow and go seats are great.

by from Carlinville, Illinois on January 26, 2018

Chrysler has really done their homework. This van offers so many bells and whistles that I never realized we were missing in other vehicles we owned. Moms, you will not be disappointed!

by from Knoxville, TN on February 28, 2018

It was in the top three choices we looked at buying. We decided not to go with Chrysler because the price was high and they wouldn’t work with us on trade in and final price. All and all it was a well built van.
Not Rated Reliability

by from LANSDALE, PA on March 12, 2018

As a multi- Town & Country van owner since 2001, the 2018 Pacifica has solved every bug and issue I had with all the former Town & Country models. I ordered a Tech-Heavy Limited, and it's amazing how far these systems have evolved from just a few years ago. The power folding 3rd row seat is a dream when you need flat-floor storage, and the 2nd row "Stow & Go" seats drop down in about 10 seconds. NICE! My van sits outdoors, and for years, my hands froze on cold mornings, even though my seats got warm. When I picked mine up, the Dealer had set my steering wheel heater to come on with every start in cold weather. (It knows what the outdoor temp is!)That alone was worth the price of admission. The side mirrors actually large enough allow you to see what you need. My former T&C was awful when merging, and I was always running them in or out while driving. The ride is fantastic, handling is superb, and my mileage started out 4MPG better than my old one, and is climbing as the engine breaks in. The tire pressure monitor shows each wheel's pressure, and will be a blessing as the tires age, and start to lose air. Unfortunately, my top of the line Limited was delivered with Kuhomo brand tires. They are the worst tires I've ever been on, and as I looked at reviews, 65% are "One Star" (Hate them) reviews. The traction is bad on dry streets, and dangerous on wet ones. Not a little bad, but spin the tires all the way home in the rain BAD. Since they're a CHEAP OEM unit, there's only 7/32 of tread from new, so I'll be replacing them with a name brand set quite soon. That's my only beef, so I'll bite the bullet, and give an American company some business. I ordered the "20 Speaker Harmon Kardon" audio package, and that's as good a factory system as I've heard, with a 760 watt amp for power. The biggest difference I see is the Pacifica is DEAD quiet inside. Whatever the "Noise Cancellation" is, it DOES work, and extremely well. I've had several comments on my Pacifica, and not the "Soccer Mom" insults, but people are shocked when the look inside, and see it is a mini-van. When I ask what you thought it was, no one is sure, as this model has lost the traditional mini-van stance. All in all, I am thrilled with my Pacifica. I was even more impressed when I saw Consumer Reports say how much they liked it, and PANNED an import mini-van, when the only cars they EVER like are all off-shore imports.