Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2012 Acadia

2012 GMC Acadia

2012 GMC Acadia

4.4

Have You Driven the 2012 GMC Acadia?

The GMC Acadia Experience

by Crossover Believer from Knoxville, TN on Tue Mar 27 2012

I have been an owner of several Chevrolet Suburbans and greatly like that vehicle, however, it became a bigger vehicle than I needed and the gas mileage was unacceptable. The Acadia is somewhat smaller, handles better gets somewhat better mileage (so far it matches what was on the window sticker). The vehicle is responsive when called upon and has good road feel through the stearing wheel. Resonably good turning radius for its size. The interior is very comfortable. Seats six with ease. Good cargo capacity with third seat flat - more than in most crossover vehicles. I have always had a V8 and a rear wheel drive, but the V6 is nearly as good as my past experience and the front wheel drive meets my needs. I drove the car several miles before making the purchase. I am very pleased and happy that I did not go with another Suburban or a Tahoe. I have always bought GM vehicles and have found them to be reliable. I gladly recommend the GM Acadia SLE to anyone in the crossover market.

Just Something About Domestic

by I came back to GMC from Wilmington, NC on Sat Apr 21 2012

I had Previously owned a 2005 Yukon and to my many regets traded for a Sorento in October. I purchased an Acadia SLT in early April and traded in the Sorento. The Acadia is tops for the cost and I gives the feel of a larger vehicle. The interior is roomy and comfortable in the rear. Before purchasing the Acadia all I heard from my kids was ShotGun and I'm in front. Now its a chore to get one to sit in the front! GMC has done it again!

Exceedingly Pleased!

by Anne from Rochester, N.Y. on Mon Apr 22 2013

I have been a loyal Jeep owner for 18 years. I have thought about purchasing an Acadia for a few years. I finally decided to take the plunge. I test drove one and started looking around for a slightly used car and found one. It's 6 months old with 12,000 miles. Just like new. It handles like a dream, no blind spots, super Bose stereo, entertainment package, loaded with safety features, On Star (which is important if you are single), gorgeous interior, very comfortable with plenty of room inside for me and my 2 German Shepherds! I also have a horse, so I need plenty of room to shuttle my tack and extra goodies to and from the barn. This vehicle is a perfect compromise of a beautiful looking sedan and a functioning SUV. I couldn't ask for more. The crystal coated - exterior - white color is incredible and I love the white interior. It is just first class all the way!

So much for buying American

by Jupiter Rich from Jupiter, FL on Sat May 27 2017

Bought this to with high hopes. What a joke. It had a factory installed towing package and I towed a boat well under the towing limit a handful of time locally. Mostly highway driving. At 62,000 miles (just outside of the warranty, naturally) it needed a new transmission. Towed the same boat hundreds of miles for years with a Honda Odyssey mini van without a problem. This Acadia also had a factory installed sunroof. Leaked over and over. Even after a recall of drain tubes, it kept leaking. It had many other problems in the 2 1/2 years we had it. Spent thousands on repairs. Shame on you GM. It was comfortable and looked great but mechanically a joke.

Does not recommend this car!!

2012 GMC Acadia SLT-2 AWD (Great Vehicle)

by Tony M from Goodrich, MI on Sat Dec 20 2014

Has pretty much all options besides the rear DVD system. Have had the vehicle for just over 2 years, and have put 38,000 miles on it so far. This is the best riding vehicle I've ever owned. Haven't had any mechanical issues. The interior is comfortable and it looks fantastic. The navigation system is great and the Bose sound system is a nice added touch. Gas mileage isn't great, but it gets what the sticker says (17 city/23 highway). The vehicle weights over 6,000 pounds, so I guess that's to be expected. Back up camera is nice with it being such a big vehicle. Folding down the seats is simple and quick. The AWD works great in the snow. If I had to do it again, I'd for sure buy this Acadia.

Best All Around Vehicle

by Acadia-Trusting Mommy from Anchorage, Alaska on Wed Sep 26 2012

I have never owned or even ridden in a vehicle that I like better than my 2012 Acadia. The ride is smooth, the functionality is astounding, and usability is unsurpassed. It is quick to warm in Alaska's chilly weather and very dependable on icy roads. I trust this vehicle to be safe for my family and yet it's still sporty enough to get up and go. I HIGHLY recommend this vehicle!

IN LOVE WITH MY CAR!!!!!

by mistie14904 from elmira on Mon Apr 13 2015

I searched and did research online, I knew what I wanted, rite down to the color....and I got it!!!! ABSOLUTELY love my car!!!! It drives amazing... and is sooo comfortable!!!! I am able to transport my kids, and their friends, and everyone is comfy!!!

Love this car

by Basketball fam from Burlington, IA on Sat Sep 15 2012

Bought brand new, 1300 miles later (mostly highway/interstate) I love this car! Believe it or not, but was going back and forth between this and a Cadillac SRX, but chose the Acadia as we have 3 teenage boys and are on the road a lot doing traveling ball and found the middle row seats leg room blew the Cads away. Even the 3rd row seats are decent, adjusting the middle row little. Gas mileage is awesome for this size vehicle, got 24mpg doing about 72-77 for 400 miles. I've noticed the in town driving really sucks this down, got 18mpg last tank doing a mix of in town/hwy. Old vehicle was an 07 Suburban, so enjoying the extra mpg but we have even better passenger room. Ride/driving is awesome, love the bluetooth integration with my Win7 phone, works perfectly, even reading/allowing me to respond verbally to text messages.

New Acadia Owner

by Family Man from chester county, pa on Mon Feb 11 2013

We needed a vehicle with a third row seat. Something reliable and decent gas mileage. We really like the Acadia. Its solid and sharp looking. We got the base model SL but it has a lot of nice features at that level. The onstar is awesome. Very roomy vehicle and the third row is legitimate. I recommend to anyone looking for a non mini van.

Our 2012 GMC Acadia was very dependable

by MRW39110 on Sun Dec 10 2017

Good SUV, lots of room and was very dependable. In 109,000 miles the largest repair we made was the hatch door gear motor.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Our Take on the 2012 GMC Acadia

Editor's note: This review was written in March 2011 about the 2011 GMC Acadia Denali. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2012, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

As many SUVs have evolved into what some folks call crossovers, they have also morphed from utilitarian, truck-like vehicles into more luxurious ones. Some dedicated luxury brands have entered the market, while other automakers have spruced up their offerings to punch in this class. GMC falls into the latter category, introducing for 2011 its first luxury, Denali version of the Acadia crossover, which can seat seven or eight in three rows of seats.

While the... Read More