NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2014 Terrain

2014 GMC Terrain

2014 GMC Terrain

Have You Driven the 2014 GMC Terrain?

Looked at several mid-sized SUV's

by DB from Bloomington, IL on Thu Apr 03 2014

I looked at many different small to mid-sized SUV's and I am thrilled with the 2014 Terrain. After reading and test driving all the different models, dollar for dollar the Terrain has my vote. If there was only 1 thing that could be better I think it would be that I had a 6cyl version not the 4 cyl. The reason for this is that it is a bit sluggish when taking off, that being the case you become aware of it and don't pull out in front of anyone. The ride and quietness of the interior on the open highway has been GREAT! I would look at getting another one in the future. Just an FYI here, I traded in a Mercury Mountaineer that was very ROUGH riding.......my wife and I are pleased with this purchase.

Strong, reliable and value for money.

by shoaibsmq from Edison, New Jersey on Fri Jul 28 2017

GMC Terrain is an amazing car. I bought a Certified Pre-owned GMC Terrain 2014 with 30k miles on it. It was an amazong decision. The stability of the car was remarkable. After 10 days of driving this car I got into a major car accident and was t-boned by a driver under influence. The impact deployed the side airbags. This car saved my life as I came out scratchless. The car is totaled but I am buying another GMC Terrain for the reason that it is super safe. Just a little hard on gas, but if thats okay with you, its an amazing car.

Love it...except

by SandiBW from Apopka, FL on Tue Aug 08 2017

I have like everything about the vehicle except that everyone that sits in the backseats complain they are hot, even when the a/c is running full blast. The air just doesn't reach the back seat and those sitting in the front are freezing trying to help those in the back seat! My car is a little over a year old and the a/c went out yesterday (8/7/17), it's still under warranty so that isn't a problem, but a hassle. It's a sharp looking SUV on the inside and out, gas mileage is an average of 24 mpg. (mostly city miles).

great car so far only 1000 miles

by ranumatic from Iron Range, MInn. on Tue May 13 2014

I researched several makes of small/medium crossovers,suv's , terrain seemed to win out. We love it!!!!!!!! great visibility and ingress/egress lots of room for 6ft. plus driver, back seating area is great.

Right next to the Suburban the crapiest vehicle.

by Addanny from Boston on Tue Sep 03 2019

While I enjoy the room and the fact that the buttons seem to be exactly where they need to be, it is expensive for the options it has, the engine is grossly underpowered in the 4 cyl. version, sounds like a lawn mower even with regular maintenance, and the transmission is completely toast with under 65k on it. Just to add insult to injury the paint on the rear gate is bubbling up in several spots ...laughable. Worst quality and workmanship I have ever seen.

Best car I've owned

by Black beauty from Martinsville indians on Wed Sep 10 2014

Love my suv. Very comfortable. Lots of room.good on road trips.gas mileage is good for a suv. I would recommend this to any one.

Looks awesome

by luckysunshine from West allis , Wi on Fri Mar 24 2017

love the style and comfort, would totally recommend to others, just wished I had the luggage rack on it .

Love the look, inside & outside and handles great

by Laura H from Troy, MI on Tue Jul 16 2019

Vehicle has all the nice extras - USB port, Bluetooth, heated & memory seats, navigation built in, etc. I love the vehicle and it looks real sharp.

After owning it for 4 months I don't want it

by JS from Belchertown on Fri Feb 16 2018

Could be more reliable for the year considering GM is constantly touting their reliability awards (JD POWER). I just replaced the battery 4 years old, and the drivers side window doesn't always work. I thought I would like this vehicle, I wanted to like it, but it is not living up to my expectations. The gas mileage is excellent, I got the 4 cylinder, but you pay for it in performance as its a bit sluggish in spots.

2014 Terrain

by GM Lover from Terra Alta, WV on Fri Jun 05 2015

I just bought a 2014 Used with 22k miles on it. The price was really great. I have been researching this SUV for a long time. I love the looks. I think its very classy looking. I currently own a 2007 CRV and I'm a huge Honda lover. I kept my CRV and bough this Terrain. GMC is so much plush on the standard model and so many extras. Very quite - drives smooth. I'm 5' 10 Lady and I have long legs. This fits the bill. Back seat is very roomy. Only one little minor flaw is I think the cargo area should be about 6-8 inches longer. This SUV is bigger than my CRV but the cargo area is smaller than my CRV. My suggestion for carting around 5 people Terrain would be my choice. As far as luggage and 5 passengers. I think the cargo area would be to small. Very happy with the Terrain.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Our Take on the 2014 GMC Terrain

Editor’s note: This review was written in October 2012 about the 2013 GMC Terrain Denali. Little of substance has changed with this year’s model. To see what’s new for 2014, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

The 2013 GMC Terrain finally gets a proper V-6 engine option, but the new high-line Denali version doesn’t distinguish itself enough from the crossover’s other top trims.

Both the 301-horsepower V-6 engine and the Denali trim level are new to the Terrain for the 2013 model year. We experienced each in our all-wheel-drive test model, which had an as-tested price of $40,425 including an $825 destination charge. To compare the... Read More