What it is: Whereas the regular GMC Yukon is a twin to the Chevrolet Tahoe full-size SUV, the Yukon XL is GMC's version of the Chevrolet Suburban — a king-size SUV. The Yukon XL has the same styling and major features of the regular Yukon but offers more cargo room.
Wheelbase is 14 inches longer than regular-length Yukon's
Overall length is 20.4 inches longer
Maximum cargo volume is 26.4 cubic feet larger at 121.1 cubic feet
Here's Info on the Regular Yukon:
What it is: The Yukon is a full-size truck-based SUV that seats up to nine people in certain configurations. The Yukon shares its platform with the Chevrolet Tahoe and Suburban and comes in two sizes: regular and XL, with the latter GMC's version of the Suburban.
Both the Yukon and Yukon XL are available with rear- or four-wheel drive, and competitors include the Ford Expedition, Nissan Armada and Toyota Sequoia.
GM's Teen Driver monitoring system, which allows parents to view vehicle stats such as the maximum speed achieved, distance driven and the number of times active safety features were triggered, is standard. In addition, the SLT trim level gains heated and ventilated front seats finished in perforated leather.
Low-speed forward automatic braking is a new option, and the available rear-seat entertainment system adds HDMI and USB ports and supports device projection. The IntelliLink multimedia system adds the Rear Seat Reminder feature while new active grille shutters improve highway aerodynamics.
Significant Standard Features
- 355-horsepower, 5.3-liter V-8 with six-speed automatic transmission (SLE, SLT)
- Rear-wheel drive
- 10-way power driver’s seat
- LED running lights
- IntelliLink multimedia system with 8-inch touchscreen
- Tri-zone automatic climate control
- OnStar 4G LTE connectivity with Wi-Fi hot spot (data subscription required)
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone connectivity
- Backup camera
- Front and rear parking assist
- Required in every new car: front airbags, antilock brakes and an electronic stability system
Significant Available Features
- 420-hp, 6.2-liter V-8 with eight-speed automatic transmission (Denali)
- Power-folding third-row seat
- Power liftgate
- Wireless smartphone charging
- Leather upholstery
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Power-adjustable pedals
- Navigation system
- Blu-ray/DVD rear entertainment system
- Keyless access with push-button start
- Head-up display
- Safety alert driver’s seat
- Lane keep assist
- Forward collision warning and low-speed automatic emergency braking
- Blind spot warning system with rear cross-traffic alert