2008 Patriot

4.3 out of 5 starsExterior Styling
4.1 out of 5 starsValue for the Money

Where the arm rest?

by Raggaty Anne from Sacramento, Ca on July 7, 2011

Great Truck! Great ride! Has Skid plates on trail rated model like mine! The Hard plastic are terrible! no soft armrest. Did i mention the hard plastics... MPG's are great!!! came from PT Cruiser and needed more space so I landed on this Jeep. PT got 22mpg. My 4WD Jeep that holds 2 times the stuff is getting 24mpg! on really long trips 26 to 27mpg! Have 30K on and besides routine Maint. hasn't needed a thing. Good power off idle and gets going quicker then my PT as well. Seats are great just the Hard plastics are not good for elbows.... Goes great in the snow with the 2 speed transfer case too!

Daughters' favorite car

by Caring Mom from Indiana on August 23, 2013

My daughter has been wanting a Jeep Patriot since she was in Middle School. She is now in High School and has the car of her dreams. When she saw the Jeep in the exact color she wanted I did everything I could to make sure she got it!! She bought it herself and this Mom is very proud of her. The car is in great shape has low miles and runs awesome!!

A Great, But Leaky Vehicle

by Joe from Edinburg, TX on March 27, 2008

I bought my 4X2 Patriot Sport in October 2007 and when I first washed it guess what? It leaked from the cargo area dome light. According to a Jeep forum, the issue is not very rare. I had to take it to the dealer twice to fix it and they had to replace the headliner as it got a water stain. Ohter than that it climbs over street curbs easily and rides over bumps smoother than a full size truck.

Nice first vehicle.

by Brett from Kansas on August 28, 2009

I bought my Jeep Patriot brand new a year and a half ago. It has been a very nice vehicle that gets me from point A to point B just fine, though it often does not have the get-up-and-go that I am looking for. It has been a reliable Jeep, but did stall on me once at a traffic light (though it did restart right away). I would recommend this to my friends or anyone who does not mind having a smaller engine.

Solid 4wd and fuel economy

by Snowbound from Boston, MA on January 1, 2008

I wanted 4wd, but didn't want to guzzle gas. The 2008 Patriot is a great mix of both. I'm getting about 28 highway and maybe 24-25 around town. The 4wd is solid Jeep. I've been up to Maine a few times and through plenty of snow and dirt roads with no problems. I got the 5-speed manual because I like the control; plus test-driving the CVT was weird - I doubt it's for everyone. The Patriot is not exactly overpowered, no doubt the price one pays for fuel economy, but with the ability to downshift, the pick up is just fine. The ride is very comfortable and quiet. The interior is basic, but the features (standard cruise control, inside 12v jack, MP3 plug, stability control, fold-flat seats, hard rubber cargo well) are practical and of good quality. I like the look of it, too; it's modern, but not too modern. Overall, I highly recommend the Patriot and plan to drive it the distance!

Very relaible transportation

by jeep Enthusiast from South, Texas on February 23, 2014

I bought this vehicle new in late 2008, it has 120,000 miles as of January 2014. I have done required maintenance. Only problem had to replace alternator at 108,000. There are no rattles and it is holding up very well. It went in for the 5 year warranty check recently no problems found. I bought this vehicle because I drive a lot and it get better gas mileage than my Dakota pickup. I am a big guy and it is easy to get in and out of, and is very comfortable to sit in for long rides. I have made trips from California to Texas and back, 3 adults and a 15 year old plus luggage. I would recommend this vehicle without reservation.

ALOT of car for the money

by paul from ann ARBOR, MI on March 25, 2008

Great car. I have the manual shift which I REALLY like. The manual shifts are hard to find & they get better mileage.

Most reliable car I've owned

by Tucker-Love from Seaside, Monterey, California on July 30, 2017

I loved my 2008 Jeep Patriot, bought with less then 200 miles on it in 2010. Great vehicle. Great vehicle.

Sporty yet adorable

by Jeeper from KS on July 3, 2013

Not sure why, but I've wanted a Jeep since I was little and glad I finally got it! Drives great, and big but not big. Was expecting it to have more features to it (auto windows/locks/mirrors) since it's not an old car, but overall thrilled with it and already added auto locks, no big deal.

I'd Never Own Anything Other Than a Jeep Again

by Patriot Fanatic! from Syracuse, NY on November 22, 2008

I recently traded in my Volkswagen GLI for a new Jeep Patriot. I was looking for something with more room that handled better in the snow. Even though the dealer assured me I was downgrading, I think I upgraded big time. The seats in the Jeep are actually more comfortable than the Jetta, it handles amazingly in the snow (my husband claims better than any other Jeep and we have owned 4) and for the base model it has great ammenities such as 4wd, ac and a temperature display. If you are looking for a luxury vehicle this isn't it, but if you enjoy the old jeep style, reliability and a great value you should definitely purchase this car!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7