2008 Jeep Patriot consumer reviews

side view of 2008 Patriot Jeep
Explore the 2008 Jeep Patriot
Shop the 2008 Jeep Patriot
3.7

Has some issues, not a bad car.

i own a 2008 jeep patriot, it’s very zippy for a 4 cylinder and with the 5 speed 4x4, it’s very capable in any condition. drives smooth and the speakers sound amazing, great ac and heating. lots of room for trips. it’s all around an okay car.

2.7

Great car just needs some work.

Great car can last several years with a little work, very comfortable.I use it to commute to work and school. Great first car.The car is great for beach runs.

2.7

Alright: Not the Most Durable, Lasting Vehicle

Needed a car that was decent sized for my first car but reasonably priced. Purchased a 2008 Jeep Patriot with about 85,000 miles and not long after 110,000 I had to get a new one because of transmission, brake, etc. issues. Love how jeeps drive but it scared me away from wanting another one.

4.1

Good used car so far

Car is good choice for me. Plenty of room inside, comfortable for type of car and lots of features. I wish it had a six cylinder engine because the four cylinder struggles on the hills.

1.9

Worst vehicle I've ever owned!

I wish I never bought this vehicle. The power in it died after owning it a few months. When I went to put my window down the heat would shut off. So I cut the wire and put in cranks for the window. I had a problem with putting gas in the car. My mechanic couldn't figure out the problem but I could only get gas at Stewarts gas station. If I got it anywhere else as I drove out of the gas station parking lot my vehicle would stall as I was driving. Because of this I couldn't take my Jeep out of town. This was my biggest problem with the Jeep! It was spacious that I could fit bigger items in the back with the seats folded down. However the headrests were very uncomfortable. It did handle very well in the snow & we get a lot in Upstate NY.

4.4

Great Overall Car

Great car, got the manual and it moves pretty quickly. got 22k miles on it and she runs like she’s new. Great car, gets great gas mileage and it tanks through the snow.

4.4

So far so good!

Never owned an American car before, but this one has everything thing I need. Space has been great for a college student on the move. Wish it had faster pickup, but it feels very reliable so far.

3.9

OK SUV

Was a good little jeep but a bit sluggish on acceleration. Also had a lot of suspension issues with sway bar links and premature wear of lower control arms and ball joints. Other then that, if you want a cheaper SUV then you get what you pay for.

4.3

didn't think I'd like it, but proved me wrong.

Being a lifelong full size 4x4 owner I couldn't picture myself in this little SUV. The first time I drove the patriot my attitude began to change. This SUV is unbelievable on fuel, and impressed me with its 4x4 capability in heavy snow conditions of a Canadian Winter. I'm a big guy, and felt totally comfortable in the Patriots roomy interior. The Patriot isn't a Willy's Jeep, but if I go to town for supplies, and decide to come back on woods roads through knee deep snow it will bring me home.

4.1

Works well

I drive a 2008 Jeep partiot (standard) I love her. She works well. With her age I’ve had a couple or issues but nothing that doesn’t come with the age of the car