2015 Renegade

2015 Jeep Renegade

4.1

4 out of 5 stars Value for the Money
4 out of 5 stars Performance

Have You Driven the 2015 Jeep Renegade?

Review after 1 month of ownership

by First Time Jeep Owner from Michigan on Sat Mar 05 2016

I have only owned this for month so far but I really like it. I have the Latitude 4x4 with the 6-speed manual. The 1.4 turbo engine has enough power to get out of it's own way so if you were worried about that, it's a non issue. I did cross shop this with a Fiat 500X Trekking that had the 2.4 liter 9 speed automatic and prefer the Jeep with the 6-speed manual by far. I see there are some people complaining about their gas mileage, I'm currently getting 31.8 MPG overall. I have a daily commute of about 35 miles round trip split about 50/50 city and highway. Mine also came with the heavy duty rubber floor mats, I've read that some people did not get them with their purchase so not sure why they didn't and I did. I also read a few reviews that were not happy with the performance of the 4x4. I've not had any issue and it's worked great, though the most snow we've had at one time in the past month has been 7 inches. I had no problem getting to and from work as it handled that snow with no problem. I'm at tall guy (6' 4") and I do not have any issues with leg or head room. There seems to be enough room in the hatch area for grocery shopping as well. The only "gripe" I have so far is the arm rest on the door. It seems to be down too far for me, so I tend to rest my arm on the top of the door panel. The problem with that is that it's hard plastic so it's kind of uncomfortable. But like I pointed out, I'm a big guy and this probably wouldn't affect the "normal" person. So to sum it up, very happy with the little Jeep so far. It's a very fun vehicle to drive around. Gas mileage has been great. The base engine and transmission (1.4 turbo/6-speed manual) have been great. The 4x4 has worked flawlessly for me. There is an unexpected amount of room in the vehicle which you'd never know from looking at it.

Fun Drive and 4WD

by TJ from Mandan, ND on Thu Sep 03 2015

The reason why i chose a Jeep Renegade is because i live in the North and the Winters can be a little dicey when it comes to driving. So I wanted to find a vehicle that had 4WD capabilities with not the 4WD price and with the Renegade i found it. I also enjoy to go hunting, but live in town so the Jeep Renegade is tough enough to take out to a field and yet compact enough that it makes it easy to drive around town and to park. Although the gas mileage is great for a 4WD vehicle it is a little small, but nothing is perfect.

Sporty little thing

by Shelby from Covington, LA on Tue Nov 17 2015

I bought the 2015 Jeep Latitude and so far I have put 500 miles on it and so far it is by far one of the most fun cars I have ever owned. It is quite peppy on the highway and rides smooth on flat surfaces, but on bumps, it takes them like a Wrangler, which I like. The sun roofs are easy to detach, are quite light and are easy to put back on and it comes with a nice little pizza box looking thing to store them in. The seats are quite comfortable, but the back seat is lacking. It is okay for kids, but if you try to put a six foot person back there, they would be cramped. It has a nice sounding stereo system and has plenty of nice extras that I am still discovering. It gets close to the 27 mpg that they claim with combined highway/city driving. I am close to 49 year old female and am far from the demographic they are shooting for, but it was a really nice buy for me and I am enjoying it. The only two gripes I have are these, it does not come with a spare tire but a little fix a flat type of thing and the second gripe I have is that it did not come with floor mats either. Otherwise, I would recommend this sporty, fun to drive little SUV.

Great fun car

by Love my Jeep from Miami Beach, FL on Mon Oct 12 2015

Lots of room, very compact, absolutely love the features still learning about little details of the car make my life easier. Searching for new car didn't like anything that was within my price range until I saw at dealership the Jeep Renegade Trailhawk fell in love with it had to have it!

Love it!

by Jo from Wst Virginia on Mon Jan 04 2016

I got the Trailhawk version of the Renegade in August - now have 11,000 miles on it and am still loving it! I wanted a smaller SUV that had actual 4x4 not just AWD. It gets 27 mpg on 2 lane country roads which I love. Have taken it on several trips - very comfortable and a hoot to drive. Would highly recommend this vehicle for anyone looking for a nice SUV with great gas mileage and 4x4.

I love my Jeep Renegade!

by Renegade Reviewer from Uniontown, PA on Fri Sep 18 2015

I love my 2015 Jeep Renegade Latitude. I got the Omaha Orange Renegade Latitude with Bluetooth, Sirius XM, rearview backup camera.. It runs great; I haven't had any problems and I've got almost 1,000 miles on it already. I get compliments on my new Jeep from strangers! The only thing I miss is having a CD player -- but the Bluetooth makes up for that. Another thing -- my Jeep did NOT come with floor mats, so I would recommend purchasing Jeep floor mats off of Amazon. I got a great deal and the quality is comparable to WeatherTech floor liners. I purchased the "All Weather Slush Floor Mats" made my Mopar. Overall, I love my new Jeep Renegade! I would definitely recommend.

Best car yet

by Jeep owner from Bunker Hill, IN on Tue Apr 07 2015

The Jeep drives wonderfully. It has everything a person could possibly want on it, and did I mention it drives wonderfully. I expected a bumpy ride because well it is a Jeep, but it has the luxury ride of an SUV.

Sexy little Jeep

by Two Jeep Owner from Fort Lauderdale, FL on Fri May 01 2015

Ive been watching and waiting for the Renegade since I first heard about it months ago. I'm very happy after three weeks and about 1400 miles, its cute, fun to drive and very comfortable. Fuel mileage on the turnpike is just over 30 and about 26 on city streets. Passable. Fuel tank is only 12 gallons and thats a bit of a pain as I drive a long ways to and from work every day. Pros: 1. Comfortable seats 2. Plenty of pep on the highway. 3. rear seat comfortable 4. back cargo area large. Seats come down and fit two sets of golf clubs no problem 5. Music is good, Sirius and bluetooth all work flawlelssly. 6. Back up camera is great. Cons: (very minor) 1. Center console is small. Very little overall storage. 2. Looks like if I want to put a hitch on it, have to rerplace the whole rear bumper assembly.' 3. Rear trunk latch is small and somewhat hard to reach. A key fob operated one would make more sense. 4. Huge "box" where the rear view mirror is attached appears to have no function. Strange. Overall more than happy. Highly recommended .

Amazing car and very affordable

by Jeep lover! from Richland MI on Thu Jun 28 2018

This car met all of my needs. Great car with great price. This car should satisfy any average consumer. Jeep always stands behind their products, and this vehicle is another example of their overall desire to dominate the auto business.

Great New Jeep

by Jeep Fan from Washington DC Metro area on Tue Sep 01 2015

I have been an owner of a Wrangler and still own a Commander, but this vehicle is my favorite for the Urban jungle. It handles better than most jeeps with good acceleration and interior comfort. The inside is very quite when driving even and highway speeds and you just don't hear the engine. Fully capable off road as a Jeep should be, this small Jeep will tackle the elements better than others in the same class and without burning big dollars to those it is ranked with. The interior controls are all in the right place easy to access and the entertainment systems are touch screen and voice controlled on my Latitude model, which I recommend if you are not looking for the off road beast. Storage great, seats comfortable value for what you get with upgrades is on point. Very easy to maneuver and park and really no parts or features that scream cheapo. All my Jeeps have done 100k+ and I expect the same from this vehicle- they are work horses and this one is more refined than most- a great Jeep to own.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 12

Our Take on the 2015 Jeep Renegade

Jeep purists might smirk, thinking the Renegade has a fitting name, but this subcompact SUV is no Benedict Arnold: It delivers big-time off-road performance in Trailhawk form without sacrificing on-road driving refinement.

The Renegade shares its platform with the Fiat 500L. That may seem an unlikely starting point for an off-road-capable Jeep, but there are significant differences between the two. Within the Jeep family, the Italian-built Renegade is shorter and wider than both the Patriot and Compass compact SUVs, which will be replaced by a single model in the 2016 calendar year.

The subcompact SUV segment is quickly growing, with new models like the Chevrolet Trax, Honda HR-V and Mazda CX-3 joining... Read More