2012 Sorento

2012 Kia Sorento

2012 Kia Sorento

4.4

Have You Driven the 2012 Kia Sorento?

So far so good

by CarMan2084 from Texas on Fri Sep 30 2011

We bought my wife a Sorento about a month ago. We now have around 1500 miles on it and it has been a pleasure. Coming from a Honda CR-V it feels like we have a car built for this decade. Some of the largest differences are that the Sorento is quiet and has much more comfortable cabin. I also much more prefer the classy styling of the Sorento, understated. I would recommend the Sorento to anyone shopping others in the segment, great quality with good prices and an awesome warranty.

wife's car

by hot rod from NY Now Florida on Wed Aug 31 2011

We traded in a 2004 kia sorento 4wd coming from up north. The 4 cyl had me a bit skeptical until I drove it. Had plenty of pep and is FWD. The towing rating is not that high as my last kia but I dont think we will be towing much. Better visability with no blind spots and easier to get in with out hitting your head having more headroom The additional storage in the rear under the floor, in lieu of the 3rd row seating is a big plus along with the A/c vents in the rear seating area. Wife is happy so husband is happy.

This Vehicle is Fantastic

by Tori from Washington on Fri Jul 22 2011

We spend countless hours shopping around for a new vehicle. This vehicle is all around the best value, the highest safety, its smooth and fun to drive. The warranty is unmatched, style is great. I really enjoy my new sorrento!

Gotta Go with the SX

by JHigh from Memphis, TN. on Mon Nov 28 2011

I recently purchased a 2012 Sorento SX AWD after 15 years of driving GM vehicles. I paid $37K for my fully loaded SX and it compares with other crossover SUV's that cost $10-$15K more. I have the same bells and whistles that are found in pricier vehicles. Heated and air conditioned driver seat, heated steering wheel, dual sunroofs, nav system, power right front passenger seat, backup camera just to name a few. I'm sure the LX and EX are fine, but the SX is worth the extra dinero.

Surprise

by Van Man from Georgia on Wed Mar 28 2012

I am a traveling salesman and have owned vans for fifteen years. They are great traveling vehicles so when my current van hit 190,000 miles my first inclination was to get another one. The Kia Sorento caught my eye but I had to convince myself that the Kia was up to the standards of the other cars I had owned. Ater a lot of research online and talking to people who owned a late model Sorento I became convinced that it was a good car. Test driving the car several times closed the deal. I purchased a new 2012 SX model. I have driven it now for 3,000 miles and have no complaints other than gas mileage which so far has not exceeded 22 mpg. It is a surprisingly smooth riding SUV, not that different from the vans I have owned. It has a lot of get up and go and many more features for the money than any other car I could find. I would recommend this car as long as gas mileage is not your top priority.

Excellent value

by pick up truck man from Houston , Texas on Fri Aug 05 2011

I traded my 2008 adrenlin sport track ford for this 2012 sorento. I loved my truck but needed something more economic. I 've had it a month and a half. Went to New Orlean from Houston and got 29.5 mpg. I think once it s broken in more i should get at least 30mpg. Good styling and comfortable to drive.

Grounded

by Cherry Bomb from Smithrown,New York on Fri Aug 10 2012

Kia 2012 Sorento purchased in Feb. 2012. 4cyl. 3rd row seating. We have had to take the car back to the dealer on 3 seperate occasions with the same problem that Kia seems to be having a hard time solving. I went to start the car, all the engine lights stayed on and it was diffucult to get the car into drive. we had the car towed, the kia dealer had it for 3 days and finally had to send their computer findings to Kia headquarters to get a diagnosis. Kia told the dealer to check all the grounds. We get the car back and 3 days later it happens again. Again Kia keeps for days, they can't find anything wrong. This time Kia engineers tell the dealer to replace the abs module which they do. 3 weeks later it happens again. You have to fight the dealer to get a rental car, they test drove our car for over 100 miles last time they had it eventhough we told them the problem occurs when you start the car, not while you're driving. My wife had a 2004 Kia Sorento that she traded in for this car and at this point she is sorry she didn't keep it.

Does not recommend this car!!

So glad I didn't buy the BMW X3

by TacoriGirl from Texas on Wed May 22 2013

First off I bought a 2014 Sorento SX in black. I'm glad I came to my senses and realized that the Sorento has every feature a luxury car has but at $15,000 less. Yes, I've test drove the x3 and it is a nice but over priced vehicle. Even the Audi Q5 was on my list. Then I test drove the Sorento and shattered my misconceptions. The Sorento is for someone who wants a SUV with all the luxury options and realizes that paying 50k for a vehicle is ridiculous. The Sorento gives you memory seats, 8inch screen navigation, premium sound, blind spot detection, rear view camera, and power lift gate, just to name a few options all for under 40K. Throw in the 290 hp fuel efficiency with regular 87 octane not premium required gas and it really is a no brainer.

a great american made vehicle

by former gm guy from westmont , il. on Sat Mar 17 2012

This is a great suv the sx compares to the lexus rx or acura rx with heated and cooled leather seats and heated steering wheel nav for $20,000 less a no brainer in my opinionbut if you need a premium name badge then spend the money. The v6 ihas more than enough power but if your looking for mpgs opt for the 4. This is my first foreign car i ever purchased i always bought gm and dont think i ever wil again. Also kia is built in georgia supplying jobs for american workers.

Very reliable car 200,000 miles and still going

by Emwhin from St.louis, Missouri on Tue Jun 20 2017

Drives very well minimum amount of problems for having 200,000 miles on it, sturdy car with great design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13

Our Take on the 2012 Kia Sorento

Editor's note: Estimated mileage ratings have been lowered to reflect a November 2012 EPA audit of this car's stated mileage.

While I loved my first brief stint in a loaded seven-seat 2012 Kia Sorento at Cars.com's $37,000 SUV Shootout, my most recent two-week test drive of a lesser model at home left me feeling a bit … um … meh.

What gives? The Shootout contestant was a value-packed, feature-filled Kia Sorento SX with front-wheel drive that had a surprisingly spunky V-6 engine. The second time around I was driving the Sorento EX, featuring a smaller four-cylinder engine and all-wheel drive. I found myself chanting aloud "I think I can, I think I can," willing the... Read More