2016 RX 350

4.4 out of 5 starsInterior Design
3.9 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.3 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Lexus Enform is a rip off

by Karlo from Buffalo, NY on March 22, 2017

I purchased my RX350 in 2016 trading in a 2009 Lexus IS250. I had been very happy with my little Lexus sports car and the Dealer service, including major repairs at no charge or for cost of labor only. So when I wanted more room for post retirement travel I went back to Lexus for a their then new RX350 SUV. When taking delivery of the new vehicle I was informed that remote start was part of an app for my phone and it was also tied into kept fob. This would all be an additional annual subscription of $199/yr. after one year free service. Not happy! Over the course of the next 12 months Lexus Enform failed more often than it worked. Even the key fob remote start was a joke. Press the lock button 3 times and hold it down the third time for 3 seconds. No horn honk to tell me the car actuall started. The Operating range was horrible and it would not start if I was not facing the vehicle front. Many complaint to dealer and to Lexus but no resolution. At end of first year I received a letter advising me my free subscription for Enform was expiring and oh yes the price was now $250/yr. Lexus was having technical problems and they offered additional free months but the car still would not start reliably remotely. The tech folks even called me in follow up and admitted they were having many issues with the system and they were trying to fix it. Too late!! I traded in the Lexus for a Subaru Outback in March 2017 and I love it. The electronics, connectivity and safe driving features are fantastic. And, the vehicle starts when I push the button!! Amazing.

Does not recommend this car!!

Finally Got It Right!

by RX Lover from Philadelphia PA on March 25, 2016

Finally offer all the options I like. The previous generation lacked many options that most other vehicles offered. I bought a RX350 base white with brown int. Got the 12" Nav system, power back door, prem pkg, sunroof (not pan), safety systems, and park assist. The car ride is very quiet and smooth. Plenty of room for cargo and rear passengers. I feel it is well worth the price. There are more option pkgs available if you want. Take the time to read the manual, and you'll discover many other features and options. Cons: The steering wheel is only heated at the 9 and 3 o'clock positions (disappointing at this price level), handling around corners is sloppy (body lean) Overall, a great car and comfortable driving experience.

Rocking in an F SPORT!!

by SPORTY 1 from California on July 15, 2016

Just purchased a new 2016 RX 350 F Sport 2 weeks ago. So far, the car has exceeded my expectations!! The F Sport buckets seats are very comfortable and the perforated leather feels soft and durable. The Mark Levinson sound system is quite impressive too. To me, only the Driver and Passenger can benefit from the sound quality as most of the speakers are near the front of the vehicle. Comfort is the Gold Standard for every Lexus. The RX rides smooth and handles exceptional well due to the AWD system for F Sport Models. As far as Performance, the RX has plenty of get up for when you need it. The SUV also sounds awesome while inside the cabin, (especially in Sport + Mode), however, I noticed that the shift points in the engine feel the same as if the car was in Normal Mode... In Sport +, you can definitley feel the Suspension and Steering wheel tighten as you curve the pavement with a smile on your face. Inside the cabin you are greeted with high class material and an abundance of soft leather throughout. Road noise was very minimal even on 20 inch rims. I was surprised how solid each door feels when closing and opening. The accents of light on each door panel when driving at night was also impressive. Try rolling the windows up and down, you can barely hear the glass move!! The main reason why I chose the Lexus Brand over other competitors was because of the Reliability and Safety. Each 2016 RX comes standard with the Safety System +. Everything from Pre Collision with Pedestrian Detection, Dynamic Radar Cruise Control, Lane Assist all come Standard. Most companies offer this package for an additional cost. The RX has a proven reputation for longevity. It gives me piece of mind that my wallet won't be hurting if the vehicle some how ends up in a shop.

Gotta get one

by More than I can handle from Clifton NJ on March 11, 2016

My wife and I totally enjoy our new addition to our family. It is more than we expected. It's a real "head turner". Many great reassuring comments from friends, family and even STRANGERS. It has way too many "bells and whistles" than we know what to do with. I'm sure it will take some time to figure them all out.

Best car ever

by Safe driver from Fresno, CA on August 3, 2016

Drove on my first road trip with it, handled beautifully . Mileage was better than I expected. Was pleased to be higher up in my first SUV. Seats so comfortable.

Love MY New Car

by Baby boomer from Kountze TX on June 30, 2016

I love my new 2016 Lexus RX 350. Peter Mikos was my sales person and he strove hard to please. I traded in a 2013 Cadillac, with no problems. Lexus is SO MUCH BETTER. I've named my new car Woody, after my old Lexus car Serviceman, who is still there, even though I abandoned him for 3 years for a Cadillac. LOVE IT!!!!!

Comfortable and good looking SUV

by Downsizing from a 1 Ton Dually from Northern Virginia on November 29, 2015

Very luxurious and comfortable SUV: rides like a big sedan. Very quiet, many excellent safety features: blind side warnings, lane shift warnings, park assist, adaptive high beam headlights and others. Many nice touches on the interior for information and comfort. Shifts smoothly and controls well placed. All in all, very pleased with the vehicle so far. The front grill is a concern, with parking damage possible when parallel parked, but that seems to be the design trend these days.

Droning Sound Fixed!!!

by KenSW from Long Island, NY on February 16, 2018

Great to horrible to great again. Lexus released a fix for the droning and vibration. Just had it installed and it worked. The middle section of the exhaust system gets replaced. Other than the weird Enform controller, the RX does most things right. Comfy and smooth are the key items.

loud exhaust

by loud exhaust from ok on November 8, 2016

I traded in a 15 rx 350 which I love dearly, I thought I made a big mistake the acceleration noise I didn't like, slow acceleration, but as I put miles on it, it seem to get quieter, at about 6000 miles this vehicle is quiet. I love driving this vehicle don't know about some of the things people are complaining about. I am 6-2'' and had to have the seat all the way back, in the new one I have to put it forward. I am happy w/my purchase I love THE QUALITY''' I can live with slower accel. if u want to really go fast buy a corvette'' this is not a performance vehicle''

This car isn't worthy of Lexus name

by BostonGal from on April 23, 2017

This vehicle had problems from the beginning. After writing letters to Lexus VP, Lexus finally acknowledged and fixed an issue with delay in acceleration. There is also a loud groan and vibration when accelerating from a stop (and below 40 mph). Lexus won't acknowledge and says it is "characteristic" of the vehicle. I read the owner's manual, and that "characteristic" isn't mentioned anywhere in there. Many other owners have posted reviews of similar issues. Lexus seems to think that this defect is acceptable. I find it sad. What happened to Lexus quality? Can't imagine that Akio Toyoda would think that this many unhappy customers is a good thing. I've owned cars that cost $20K less and none of them had engines this loud.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2 3 4 5 6