Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2002 SC 430

2002 Lexus SC 430

2002 Lexus SC 430

Have You Driven the 2002 Lexus SC 430?

No regrets...

by LexusLover Convert from Houston, TX on Fri Jan 15 2010

I absolutely love this car. I used to not be a fan of Lexus, but then I bought a 1999 GS400 (still have because it is still awesome). When I was financially able to handle an 'extra' car, I had to have one of these. I did not even consider soft tops. I could ramble about the reliability and features, but you can read that anywhere. Instead, a few considerations for negative reviews you might come across: (1) the rear seats are NOT worthless. I am 6'. My wife 5'5". My two boys, 11 and 9, fit fine in the back seat. No, we won't take a 6 hour drive in this car with kids, but runs to the games or beach or store or whatever we do 95% of the time, it works. And, when we want to take it just the wife and I, the back seat holds PLENTY of luggage while the trunk holds the roof! Can't do 4 adults, though. But, what hardtop convertible can? Those are just now starting to hit the market in 2010...and priced accordingly. (2) Get rid of the run-flat tires. The SC suspension is the same ACCLAIMED suspension of other Lexus models. The SC I bought had some really wide 20" rims that I thought I would be taking off immediately becuase of noise and ride harshness. To my utter surprise, these are quieter and smoother than my GS with 18's. I am still trying to figure that out. Yes, you will be without a spare. But, consider, how many flats have you had? Your neighbors? Your friends? Tires are very reliable, and will rarely surprise you with a flat if maintained. And, on the rare occasion you do get a flat while driving, chalk it up as a mechanical failure and call a tow truck. (3) If you prefer a more sporty, more BMW-like ride, simply convert all the front bushing to polyurethane. The car handles great, and cost is low. I've done this to both of my Lexus. (4) For those critical of the looks, all I can say is change the OEM wheels. There are tons of online pictures. The car will tend to look 'boaty' with the original OEM wheels. Since you are changing out the OEM tires anyway, might as well get some wheels that have more offset and fill the wheel well a little more.

Dream car

by Kevin4455 from Raleigh, NC on Mon Apr 17 2017

Hard to believe this car is 15 years old. There are not many cars that you can purchase today and sell for as much as (or more than) you bought it for a few years from now; with this car you can. But why sell it? It's fast, luxurious and a real head turner. The look is timeless, the Mark Levinson sound system is amazing. Gets attention everywhere you go. I purchased my 2002 SC430 used with 104,000 miles and it runs like new. Unlike a BMW, there's not an ounce of worry about reliability. I know, my daily driver is a 1999 Lexus GS400 with 225,000 miles. But if you're like me, you're looking at an SC430 as a weekend or special occasion vehicle. This car delivers in all respects. The best part is, since they stopped making them years ago you don't see many of them on the road. Buy one, you won't be disappointed!

Best car I've ever owned

by JoeCA from on Fri Feb 03 2017

I've had my 2002 Lexus SC430 for over 10 years. Other than normal mainentance (tires, oil, belts, battery) at appropriate times, the car has operated flawlessly for over the entire period. With over 150,000 miles now, I have no doubt it can do another 150,000.

Drop Dead Beautiful

by Mr Limo from Chicago, Il on Sun May 06 2012

I drive for a living and have owned 9 SL's. Last was an '07. This one is just as much fun for a whole lot less money. Bought a 2002 with 212,000 miles. Now on 230K and two years and haven't spent a dime on repairs. Great head turner too. Women love these toys. I like the fact that noone knows the model year. Now I keep the car note money in my pocket instead of giving it to Benz credit. Also own an '07 ES 350 that just runs and runs. Lexus knows how to build dependability. Stop, Drop and Roll

I LOVE THIS CAR

by Luv my Lexus from The Villages, FL on Wed Jan 04 2012

I've owned Mercedes, BMWs, Jaguars and this is by Far the most luxurious, comfortable and the most enjoyable car I've ever owned. I would recomend it to my best friend!

ultimate coupe, better than new cars in its class

by mr2nole from GREENSBORO on Fri Jan 20 2017

I have driven pure sports cars most of my life and buying this car was the ultimate progression It still has sports car power and handling with unbelievable comfort. I still own a 350z,mr2 and a miata,so I feel like I have it all. Great car with a truely unique body style . All the dissenters really don't get it. This car is bullet proof. Have friends with Bmw's,Jags,Benzs, that stay in the shop all the time. Keep em ! Run flats are the only gripe.

Excellent

by Mike SC430 from Springfield, Il on Wed May 19 2010

I purchsed this car used and love everything about it. I would never own another car other than a Lexus. The best on the streets!

Incredible little car - great fun to drive!

by douglove from Pomona, CA on Sun Feb 25 2018

I've used this car - day in and day out - in my business driving all over Southern California (enduring the freeways) and it hasn't let me down once. And on weekends - there is nothing like driving down PCH with my beautiful wife by my side and the roof down on the car!

outstanding fun car

by car buff 43 from Hot Springs, Arkansas on Mon Aug 07 2017

Loved everything except back seat, too small for even a child over about 5 years old, but what a car for a single person, luxury looks and performance, very reliabel my choice over a vette!

Sporty and Fun! The most beautiful car I've owned

by krock from Salt Lake City, UT on Wed Jul 05 2017

This car is so fun to drive. It has a great feel and is very comfortable. I love the hard top convertable. It is in as close to mint condition as you can expect for a 2002 vehicle. You will not have a better experience than owning a Lexus.

1 2 3 4 5