NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2013 Mazda3

2013 Mazda Mazda3

2013 Mazda Mazda3

Have You Driven the 2013 Mazda Mazda3?

Very fun car for the money

by Mazda Memphis from Memphis, Tennessee on Wed May 20 2015

My job situation required me to downgrade from a two year old Camaro SS to something cheaper with good gas mileage. I bought a new manual trans Honda Civic and it was OK but seemed unstable on the highway and had basically no pickup. After about a year, I saw a friend of mine driving a Mazda 3 and I decided to go test drive one. What a huge difference from the Civic. Traction control, wider tires, much better pickup, smooth manual 6 speed, much funner car to drive. The Civic had a far better entertainment system than my Mazda, but the Mazda also has a USB port and it does the job well enough. Having the Camaro spoiled me as far as speed and pickup goes but the Mazda does a great job for a 150 HP engine. Not much torque but the 6 speed manual trans allows you to pull ahead when you need to gun it for whatever reason. The Honda could NOT do that at all. Trunk space is large and the back seat is plenty big for my kids. I drive almost all city and the gas mileage readout after a year tells me that the average is 32 mpg, exactly like my Honda said after a year. If you need an inexpensive car with good pickup, a very stable ride, and great gas mileage, you cant go wrong with the Mazda 3. I can definitely see why they say, zoom zoom.

2013 Mazda 3i Touring Hatchback

by Tiger's Uncle from Dallas, TX on Sun May 05 2013

Quiet, comfortable ride. The original equipment Bridgestone Turanzas are slugs-take your foot off the gas and the car stops dead. The manufacturer's recommendation is to inflate to 36 psi. I have them inflated to 39 psi and it's much better. Thinking about going to 40 psi. However, at 39 psi the handling is great. I've gone about 1400 miles and I'm getting 33 mpg in town and 38 on the highway (EPA rating is 27 and 39). The trunk is much smaller than I anticipated. (My last car was a 2002 Acura RSX and the trunk was huge!). Very narrow back window and it's even further restricted by the 3rd brake light, which is right in the center, at the top. I wish they would go back to a regular key, instead of a "proximity key" that you keep in your pocket. There are about 80 pages of instructions as to how to use the key-which I hope to finally finish reading by the time I sell the car 10 years from now. I also have to go back to the book to figure out all the intricacies of the heating and cooling systems. Fit and finish is very good. Very few squeaks and no rattles. Doors close with a reassuring "thunk." Seems like a well put together vehicle. Overall, I'm pleased, so far.

Best car ever ...

by lobster642002 from Valparaiso In on Fri Jan 10 2014

Purchased my 2013 Mazda 3 about 9 months ago. My average gas Millage is 38 50/50 city and hwy . Great in the snow . Easy Bluetooth , radio great . I stream my music through the Bose system , Sounds great. Comfy seats , heated . Large trunk space.

This is our 3rd Mazda 3 in the family.

by Don D. from Columbiana on Fri Jul 14 2017

We now have 3 Mazda 3's in the family. A 2007, 2012, and now the 2013. We chose the Mazda 3's because of the low cost maintenance and reliability and dependability.

Sporty and fun to drive!

by Linda S. from Dayton, OH on Wed Jul 11 2018

Excellent choice for me! I'm retired and needed a very reliable vehicle that I can count on. This car by far exceeds my expectations. Safety is covered with features such as roll bars, side impact, front impact and overhead airbags. Stylish interior with features at your fingertips and the BOSE system with ten speakers is amazing!

I LOVE MY CAR

by Jasper from pALM sPRINGS, ca on Sun Oct 05 2014

I HAVE A 2013 MAZDA 3 COUPE WITH 6 SPEED MANUAL TRANS AND SKY ACTIVE.. I HAVE THE MID RANGE SPORT TRIM. I LOVE MY CAR. GREAT GAS MILEAGE AND FUN TO DRIVE.

Reliable, nimble, and efficient

by willybee from Houston, Texas on Thu Jun 22 2017

Runs clean, the maintenance is minimal and inexpensive. The vehicle itself looks very sharp and it hasn't given me any trouble after 70k miles. Great economical vehicle that doesn't skimp on performance.

Wow car

by Ahab from Oracle, Az on Mon Nov 11 2013

Have had this I Grand Touring for 9 months now and have put 10k miles on it with no problems or complaints. First new car we've bought with all the goodies on it. Gas mileage is super and I like the 6 speed automatic that is the smoothest I've ever had. This car drives like a sports car so if you want a limo like feel it may not be to your liking.

snappy little car good gas mileage

by porkus from tucson az on Sat Oct 19 2013

have only had my mazda 3 for a month or so, too soon to tell about reliability. do like the overall performance and the 36-37 mpg gas milage, So far I am very happy with my purchase

Sporty & Great Mileage

by jmou16 from Columbus, OH on Mon Jul 17 2017

I own a Mazda3 hatchback and I love it. It's a sporty looking car with incredibly comfortable seats, and on flat highways I've gotten up to 42 mpg.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Our Take on the 2013 Mazda Mazda3

Editor’s note: This review was written in January 2012 about the 2012 Mazda Mazda3. Little of substance has changed with this year’s model. To see what’s new for 2013, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

Thanks to new drivetrains, the 2012 Mazda3 has fuel economy ratings as high as 40 mpg on the highway. That’s a big gain over last year that addresses a major shortcoming in the brand’s most popular car. After all, at least five 40-mpg competitors will be on sale by this summer. The bandwagon is unstoppable, and now Mazda has a seat on board.

The 2012 Mazda3’s refinement issues will linger until the car gets a full redesign, but... Read More