2016 Mitsubishi i-MiEVChange Year or Vehicle
of the 2016 Mitsubishi i‑MiEV. Base trim shown.
From the Cars.com Vehicle Test Team
- Surprising interior space
- Easy to park
- Flat cargo floor (seats folded)
- Heated front seats standard
- Quick-charge port standard
- No tailpipe emissions
- No gasoline generator backup
- Steering wheel doesn't adjust
- Uninspired handling
- Touch-screen navigation system now available
- Four-door four-seater
- Battery-electric drivetrain
- 120- or 240-volt charging
- Up to $7,500 federal tax credit
The battery-electric Mitsubishi i-MiEV four-door hatchback seats up to four people. It has a 16-kilowatt-hour lithium-ion battery pack, and its primary competitor is the Nissan Leaf.
New for 2016
A 7-inch touch-screen navigation system with real-time traffic information is now available.
Significant Standard Features
- LED taillights
- System emits a synthesized sound when the car is traveling at low speeds to alert pedestrians
- Battery warming system for cold climates
- Heated side mirrors
- Fog lights
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
- Heated front seats
- Required in every new car: front airbags, antilock brakes and an electronic stability system
Significant Available Features
- Navigation system with real-time traffic
- LED cabin illumination
- Rear parking sensors
2016-2017 Mitubishi i-MiEV: Recall Alert
CARS.COM Vehicles Affected: Approximately 144 model-year 2016-17 Mitsubishi i-MiEV electric hatchbacks The Problem: The front passenger airbag inflator may rupture in a crash ... Read more
Ferrari, Mercedes-Benz Still Selling Cars With Recalled Takata Airbag Inflators, Report Finds
CARS.COM — Mercedes-Benz and Ferrari join the list of automakers that have admitted they still use the most problematic Takata airbag inflators in new cars, according to a ... Read more
If You're Cold, They're Cold: Car Care Tips for the Extreme Cold
CARS.COM — Anyone stepping outside today in most of the East Coast, Midwest and Plains states was probably physically hurt. Not from a two-day New Year's Eve hangover, ... Read more
36 months / 36,000 miles
60 months / 60,000 miles
36 months / 36,000 miles
24-hour roadside assistance, 10-years/100,000 mile Powertrain Limited Warranty, Carfax vehicle history report, fresh oil and filter, and toll-free assistance line.
Limited WarrantyCertified Pre-Owned Mitsubishi’s get a 10-year/100,000 mile Powertrain Limited Warranty, up to ten years from the vehicle’s original in-service date or date of first use, or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first. Zero deductible for covered repairs completed by a Mitsubishi dealer in the USA.
Under 5 years / 60,000 milesVehicles receive a 123 point inspection and reconditioning.