The Only Used Car Dealer I've Ever Trusted!
August 8, 2018
I posted this elsewhere but I want to post it here too because my experience was stellar. Fin and Jake are the most caring and thoughtful car experts I have ever met. We just bought a 2007 BMW x3 with 100k+ miles from Fin and, after a 1000-mile drive down to Nor Cal, I can report that it drove like a charm.
We started this out by searching for Subarus at a few really skeezy places, when we saw their site on CarGurus. I was skeptical of the reviews but we went in to check out the cars. It's a small lot, but boy, do they curate and refinish these cars. We immediately loved the BMW and Fin and Jake told us all about their conversion from Subarus. Though we were skeptical, after a lot of research, everything they said checked out. And they knew WAY more than most internet sources could provide.
How I knew they were trustworthy:
- They let us keep the car and drive it over the weekend and then some. I have NEVER heard of this before - most dealers won't let you take it overnight, and some not at all.
- I had an independent mechanic take a look. They mentioned some of the stuff that Fin specifically called out beforehand, though they made it sound more urgent. After sharing the report with Fin, he immediately offered to do that work for us before we bought.
- Fin loves data. He shared a very thorough report of how he tests oil quality and gave us a precise recommendation, with all the details from the niche laboratory he uses for personal testing.
- These guys LOVE CARS. I learned more about the details of BMWs, Subarus, and cars in general our conversations than I learned in my year-long research online (maybe I suck at learning about cars!)
- Fin loves his customers. He spent more than a few hours chatting with me and giving me excellent advice across the board. You can tell that when he cares about something, he is extremely diligent about learning as much as possible about it and doing it right.
In short, from now on, I'm referring all of my friends and family to Fin for buying cars and getting work done. I've never trusted a car expert more. Thanks so much y'all!