- Distinctive styling
- Premium interior materials
- Fuel efficiency (A7)
- Intuitive multimedia system
- Marginal sight lines
- Low seats
- Intrusive backseat floor hump
- Android Auto isn’t wireless (Apple CarPlay is)
- Inadequate cabin storage
Starting msrp listed lowest to highest price
- Coupelike styling, hatchback versatility
- Turbo V-6 engine standard
- All-wheel drive standard
- Apple CarPlay, Android Auto standard
- Plug-in hybrid drivetrain available (A7 e)
- Performance-oriented S7 and RS 7 variants available
2022 Audi A7 e review: Our expert's take
What Is the 2022 Audi A7?
The Audi A7 is a five-seat mid-size luxury car that blends coupelike design and hatchback versatility. It’s powered by a 335-horsepower, turbocharged 3.0-liter V-6 engine that works with a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission, and all-wheel drive is standard. The plug-in hybrid A7 e, meanwhile, features a turbocharged four-cylinder engine and an electric motor. It can travel up to 26 miles on electric power alone, according to the EPA.
The performance-oriented S7 gets a 444-hp, twin-turbocharged 2.9-liter V-6 that teams with an eight-speed automatic, and the RS 7 has a 591-hp, twin-turbo 4.0-liter V-8. Competitors include the Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class, Porsche Panamera and BMW 8 Series Gran Coupe.
What’s New on the 2022 Audi A7?
New standard features include a digital instrument panel, 10.1-inch navigation screen and rear-seat side-impact airbags.
What Features in the 2022 Audi A7 Are Most Important?
Standard features include:
- Dual-touchscreen interface
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone connectivity
- Power liftgate
- Leather seating surfaces
- Heated front seats
- Tri-zone automatic climate control
Available features include:
- Ventilated front seats
- Heated rear seats
- Heated steering wheel
- Bang & Olufsen premium stereo
- Massage function for front seats
- Head-up display
- 360-degree camera system
Should I Buy the 2022 Audi A7?
The A7 is a stylish and functional alternative to a conventional mid-size luxury sedan, boasting a finely crafted interior and strong performance from its turbo V-6. It is not, however, the easiest to see out of, and it doesn’t offer much cabin storage space. In S7 and RS 7 form, this Audi delivers a strong dose of performance.
48 months/50,000 miles
144 months/unlimited distance
48 months/50,000 miles
- Hybrid electric
96 months/100,000 miles
- Roadside assistance
48 months/unlimited distance