What Is the 2022 Buick Encore?
The Encore is a subcompact SUV that seats five. For 2022, it’s powered by a 155-horsepower, turbocharged 1.4-liter four-cylinder engine; that’s 17 hp more than last year. The engine pairs with a six-speed automatic transmission. Front-wheel drive is standard and all-wheel drive is available. Competitors include the Audi Q3, BMW X1 and Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class.
What’s New on the 2022 Buick Encore?
In addition to its more powerful four-cylinder engine, the Encore gains map pockets on the backs of the front seats.
What Features in the 2022 Buick Encore Are Most Important?
Standard features include:
- 7-inch touchscreen multimedia system
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone connectivity
- 4G LTE Wi-Fi hot spot (data subscription required after free trial)
- Fold-flat front passenger seat
- Power-adjustable driver’s seat
Available features include:
- All-wheel drive
- Blind spot warning
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Lane departure warning
- Forward collision warning
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers
Should I Buy the 2022 Buick Encore?
The Encore is small and reasonably nimble, making it a good fit for anyone who wants the ride height of an SUV without the typical size and fuel thirst. The biggest problem is this little Buick’s lack of standard advanced safety features.