2006 Corvette

4.7 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Ultimate Machine

by Speedy from SAN RAMON CALIF on April 15, 2010

This car is not perfect. The interior plastics are a bit on the cheap side for a car of this price. The roof rattles a little sometimes. Its got a bad blind spot for lane changes. I don't care, and if you buy this car because you love to drive...you wont either. It is absolutely beautiful...sleek, classy, elegant, and ferocious looking all at the same time. It accelerates, brakes and handles better than anything other than a few exotics and supercars. If you can control your throttle foot and not play on the highway, you can get 27 Mph. The blind spot for lane changes matters not. All you have to do is the tiniest blip of the throttle during your lane change, and you are certain that if there was someone in the blind spot, you are now ahead of them. The sometimes creaky roof reminds me that it comes off...and by the way with the roof off the car gets even sexier looking. Cruising the highway at night in this car sans the roof panel is pure heaven. The acceleration is mind blowing to the point of making you giggle. Braking performance is amazing. Handling is so good it is very hard to find places on public roads to approach the limits. Traction control and active handling make this generation Vette an every day rain or shine mobile. I bought an 88 Vette in 2005, and was hooked. I didn;t drive it enough as it was a show car. I wanted to drive a Vette every day. I was right. I have always owned, driven, and even raced fast machines. They are normally only good at one thing. The C6 Corvette is a joy to drive slowly, heck its even a joy to walk towards it in a parking lot. If you also like the alter ego of a ferocious, pavement shredding beast on tap at a moments notice, it wont let you down. This car simply elevates the driving experience. Get one. Own one once and you will never, ever want to drive anything other than a Vette. Oh, and the hatch actually has a lot of cargo space too!

2006 C6 Z 51 Paddle shift

by Gear Head from Jacksonville, FL on September 30, 2010

I looked for about a year before I finally found my dream car. I wanted speed, agility and comfort in a vette and I found it. I prefer corners to crusing and my wife needs an automatic so the Z 1 paddle shift vette is perfect for me. I bought it in Dallas and drove it back to Jacksonville in January 2010 and was shocked by two things: 1) I got 27 MPG at 75 -80 mph! 2) I didn't want the trip to end! I absolutely love driving this car, whether on a twisty road or interstate. The 3 LT pkg is much appreciated as I use the Satellite radio, Nav and heated seats all the time. It is stiff but not bone jarring and I find it to be a comfortable ride. My wife agrees!! She actually likes driving it! Best Bang for $ in a sports car IMO.

The More I Drive It, The More I Love It

by The Implanter Doctor from Dallas, Tx on January 30, 2010

When I first drove it, I thought "Ok, this is pretty cool". But now the more I drive it, the more it grows on me each time. But since it is a high performance car and has the Z51 suspension package, it is a little rough riding to be an everyday driver. But that's may just be me. I bought it as a weekend car. Overall, I am very, very happy with it.

I love my Corvette

by Badog from Draper, UT on March 23, 2010

I searched for months for this car online. I finally found the right color and year, bought airfare to go see the car in person, took it to a dealership in the area with a corvette certified mechanic to have the car checked out. This is a great service provided by Chevrolet dealerships. I highly recommend it. Paid for the car, then found an enclosed vehicle carrier to ship to my home state. Everything went as planned. I love my Corvette Z06! It is scary fast, handles like a dream, and rides better than my truck. I would recommend this car to anyone. See you on the highway!

American pride and power

by Dee from Phenix City, Al. on November 30, 2010

If you don't cars have a soul. Try the Chevrolet Corvette Z06. It is a experience I cherish everytime I crank this vehicle up and go for a ride. The power and grace of the vehicle is the best of any romance a man could have with a machine. Her curves are that of beauty and power is simply intoxicating. Always I have been a Mustang fan and much respect to that vehicle but just taking a sip of the Z06's potion I lost it. I know this is sappy but I love my Z06 and so does everyone else you pass. Try it and you will see for yourself. Worth every dime.

Glad I chose the car over a hair transplant

by Ol Bald Guy from Fresno, CA on March 19, 2015

I bought my '06 convertible in March 2014 with less than 7k miles on the odometer. I put about 6k miles on it over the past year. The dealer installed new tires and a battery which I replaced because the car wouldn't start if it sat for a week. The other 2 dislikes is the lack of a USB port and an upgraded GPS DVD is over $300. Everything works fine otherwise. However, I really do like the overall fitment quality. The ride is solid, smooth but still comfortable. I appreciate why a "real" sports car comes with a manual transmission too. Driving is an immersive experience which I have always enjoyed but this car goes to another level.

O Yeah

by sumanpmd from Michigan on June 11, 2016

This is my 5th Vette and the first C6. All were manual and convertibles. Last year I lost my wife of 40 years and have been wondering what was next for me. Just wanted to get away and think (or not). I live in Michigan and bought this in Minnesota and from the time I drove it home (including a speed ferry trip across the lake) I am again hooked. Just driving firm (not hard) around the beautiful lakeshore roads in Michigan has caused me to shout Whoo Hooo more than once. This car is so smooth and handles like a dream and when you need it very capable of pulling like the champion it is. Thanks Chevrolet, the folks in Bowling Green, and good ole American V8 torque. Life may not be great just yet but every time I pull back in the garage I am smilling - and for now that is good enough!

Best supercar value in the world

by Gearhead from Florida on March 22, 2010

For the money, you can't beat the C6 Z51. It has quickness, agility, speed, style and is a very comfortable and fun car to drive. It will flat outrun and outhandle many supposedly fast Euro cars and is less expensive to buy and maintain. Sorry, but $ for $, leave your German car on the Porch!

Wow - alot of car for the money

by LovemyVette from MN on June 18, 2012

I have a 6 spd with power top, Z51, and navigation. Of course it's super-fast but the ride quality is even better than I expected. I was worried that the Z51 suspension upgrade might make it too harsh for the road, but it's still very compliant on moderately rough roads... better than some other cars I've owned that aren't world-class sports cars. The handling is ridiculously good and you'd be hard pressed to push it's limits on public roads unless you have a death wish. It looks great in Monterey Red. I love the engine, handling and styling. Navigation system isn't very intuitive, but not a big deal. The ground clearance is very low in the front and it takes some getting used to hearing the air dam scrape on some curbs, etc... but it's normal for the car.

A real driving experience

by Larry from Cleveland, Tn. from Cleveland, Tn. on December 29, 2009

This is my second Vette. My first was a 2000 C5 and now '06 C6. Many improvements have been made in the C6. I have an auto trans. and my actual fuel mpg 22/27 and that's getting on it occasionally. (What a rush). The ride is excellent once you get rid of the run flats. I don't know how fast this car will go because MY fear factor set in at 140 and the car still felt solid. The nice thing about owning a Vette, other than it being a head turner, is that it's low maintenance.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8