2018 GMC YukonChange Vehicle
of the 2018 GMC Yukon base trim shown
From the Cars.com Vehicle Test Team
- Safety alert driver's seat available
- Quiet cabin
- Spacious interior
- Easier-than-expected maneuverability
- Trucklike ride with body roll in corners
- Small cargo space behind third row (regular-length Yukon)
- Interior design too similar to Chevrolet siblings
- Some dashboard buttons could be larger
- New grille, 10-speed automatic transmission for Denali models
- Low-speed automatic emergency braking available
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay standard
- OnStar 4G LTE and Wi-Fi hot spot standard
- Full-size SUV available in two lengths
- Seats up to nine
What it is: The Yukon is a full-size, truck-based SUV that can seat up to nine people in certain configurations. The Yukon shares its platform with the Chevrolet Tahoe and Suburban, and it comes in two sizes: regular and XL, the latter being GMC's version of the Suburban
Both the Yukon and the Yukon XL are available with rear- or four-wheel drive, and competitors include the Ford Expedition, Nissan Armada and Toyota Sequoia.
Denali models get a new chrome grille, plus a 10-speed automatic transmission that replaces an eight-speed automatic.
Whereas the regular Yukon is a twin to the Chevrolet Tahoe full-size SUV, the Yukon XL is GMC's version of the Chevrolet Suburban — a king-size SUV. The Yukon XL has the same styling and major features of the regular Yukon but offers more cargo room.
- Wheelbase is 14 inches longer than Yukon's
- Overall length is 20.4 inches longer
- Maximum cargo volume is 26.4 cubic feet greater, at 121.1 cubic feet
Which 2018 Three-Row SUVs Offer Captain's Chairs?
CARS.COM — For some families, getting a three-row SUV is about getting all the passenger seats possible. But many others are willing to give up one seat in the second row for ... Read more
5 Things We Want in the New Toyota Land Cruiser
CARS.COM — Toyota announced its plans for the upcoming International Motor Show Germany, and the star of its press conference will be the unveiling of a redesign for the ... Read more
Which Cars Fit Three Car Seats?
CARS.COM — Parents are often searching for the automotive holy grail: a car that's not a minivan and can fit three child-safety seats across the backseat. In our Car ... Read more
BRAND NEW 01-12-18
OUR DRIVE HOME, 40 MILES, WAS VERY COMFORTABLE RIDING. SEATS NICE AND WARM IN OUR 6 DEGREE WEATHER. Read full review
Great Replacement for a Ford F150 Platinum
I hastily bought a new 2015 Ford F150 Platinum crew cab 4 door. I hated it after the first month and tried to take it back, but value had dropped almost $10,000. When the gap narrowed sufficiently 2.5 ... Read full review
The 2018 GMC Yukon currently has 0 recalls