of the 2018 Lexus RX 450hL. Base trim shown.
From the Cars.com Vehicle Test Team
- Overall refinement
- Cabin materials
- Seat comfort (base and luxury models)
- Lack of touch-sensitive buttons
- Smooth, quiet operation (base model)
- Easy entry to the available third-row seat
- Leather seats not standard
- Feels heavy in corners
- Uninspiring brake feel
- Maddening multimedia controller
- Small, stiffly bolstered seats (F Sport)
- Available third-row seat can't fit adults
- Three-row L version now available
- Gas (RX 350) and hybrid (RX 450h) models
- Lexus Safety System Plus standard
- Eight-speed automatic standard
- Performance-oriented F Sport model available
- Head-up display available
What it is: The Lexus RX mid-size luxury SUV is available in gas RX 350 or hybrid RX 450h form. There's also a performance-oriented RX 350 F Sport model and long-wheelbase three-row L versions. All use a 3.5-liter V-6 engine, and the RX 450h adds electric motors. The RX 350 is available with front- or all-wheel drive, and the RX 450h is all-wheel-drive-only with an electric motor driving the rear wheels. Competitors include the Cadillac XT5 and Acura MDX.
New gas-only RX 350L and hybrid RX 450hL versions are 4.3 inches longer than the regular RX and have three rows of seats. In addition, Lexus' Enform safety and service telematics features are now complimentary for 10 years instead of one.
Best car I have owned
Beautiful design, smooth and reliable functionality. A lot of thought put into the features in the vehicle. Would like to see a more responsive software as it is a bit slow. Read full review
31 mpg - very comfortable
A pleasure to drive - would definitely buy again - Sara is great - wish I would have looked at Lexus earlier. I wish I needed to replace my other car Read full review
The 2018 Lexus RX 450hL currently has 0 recalls
48 months / 50,000 miles
72 months / 70,000 miles
48 months / unlimited distance
Every L/Certified vehicle now comes with an unlimited-mileage warranty up to 6 years, complimentary maintenance plan. Each L/Certified Pre-Owned Lexus must pass a rigorous inspection and be thoroughly reconditioned to meet the same high standards as a new Lexus. Exclusively at a Lexus dealership.
Unlimited Mileage Warranty Up To 6 YearsWarranty is valid for a minimum of two years/unlimited mileage after the expiration of 4 yr/50,000 mile new vehicle Basic Warranty, or two years from L/Certified purchase or lease date, whichever occurs later.
Under 6 years / 70,000 milesVehicles receive a 161 point inspection and reconditioning.