What Is the 2022 Mazda CX-30?
The Mazda CX-30 is a subcompact SUV that seats five. It has standard all-wheel drive and a choice of four-cylinder engines: a base 186-horsepower, 2.5-liter four-cylinder or a turbocharged 2.5-liter four-cylinder that makes 227 hp on regular gas, 250 hp on premium. Both engines work with a six-speed automatic transmission.
Competitors include the Hyundai Kona, Honda HR-V and Nissan Rogue Sport. The CX-30 offers 13.7 cubic feet of cargo space, according to Cars.com’s cargo measurements.
What’s New on the 2022 Mazda CX-30?
All-wheel drive is newly standard, and there’s a new Carbon Edition trim level. The Carbon Edition is based on the 2.5 S Preferred model, featuring black 18-inch aluminum wheels, gloss-black side mirror housings and red leather-trimmed seats. It’s finished exclusively in Polymetal Gray paint.
What Features in the 2022 Mazda CX-30 Are Most Important?
Standard features include:
- 16-inch alloy wheels
- LED headlights and taillights
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers
- Cloth upholstery
- Wi-Fi hot spot (subscription required after data trial)
- 8-inch multimedia screen
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone connectivity
- Forward collision warning
- Automatic emergency braking
- Adaptive cruise control with stop and go capability
- Lane-keeping assist
- Automatic high-beam headlights
Available features include:
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Power moonroof
- Power liftgate
- Leather upholstery
- Heated front seats
- Heated steering wheel
- Dual-zone automatic air conditioning
- Satellite radio
- Bose premium stereo
- 360-degree camera system
- Blind spot warning with rear cross-traffic alert
- Rear automatic braking
Should I Buy the 2022 Mazda CX-30?
The CX-30’s available powertrains — particularly its powerful turbocharged engine — are highlights, as are its steering and handling. Interior quality impresses, too. The backseat, however, is small, and the ride might be too firm for some. Its multimedia controls aren’t intuitive, either.