The BMW 4 Series replaced the previous-generation 3 Series coupe and convertible models in 2014. Power comes from a turbocharged four-cylinder engine in the 428i, and from a turbocharged six-cylinder in the 435i. Rear- and all-wheel-drive versions are available, and competitors include the Audi A5 and Mercedes-Benz C-Class. BMW also offers the high-performance M4 and a 4 Series Gran Coupe, a four-door model with coupelike styling.
(Skip to details on the: 4 Series Gran Coupe and M4)
Sport Line content, 18-inch wheels and an anti-theft alarm system are now standard on the 4 Series. Sport Line elements include sport seats; high-gloss black finishes for the grille, air intakes, B-pillar and a section of the rear bumper; a black-chrome exhaust tip; a leather-wrapped sport steering wheel; and a sport instrument cluster. A new Track Handling Package features 18-inch wheels in a gray finish, uprated brakes, an adaptive suspension and variable sport steering.
- Power-adjustable seats
- Split-folding rear seat
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Bluetooth and USB connectivity
- Power moonroof (coupe)
- Power-retractable hardtop (convertible)
- Required in every new car: front airbags, antilock brakes and an electronic stability system
- Automatic high-beam headlights
- Leather upholstery
- Heated front seats and steering wheel
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Side, top-view and backup cameras
- Navigation system
- Head-up display
- Blind spot warning system
- Lane departure warning
- Harman Kardon premium stereo
With the exact same length, width, wheelbase and track as the two-door coupe but featuring a bit more headroom, the 4 Series Gran Coupe sports a tall hatchback sedan profile and a full 45.9 cubic feet of total luggage space. Like the 4 Series, it’s offered in 428i and 435i form.
- Hatchback versatility with the look of a sedan
- 40/20/40-split rear seatbacks
- Eight-speed automatic transmission standard
- Rear- or all-wheel drive
Back to top
The high-performance M4 is available in coupe or convertible form and competes with the Cadillac ATS-V and Lexus RC F.
- 425-horsepower, turbocharged six-cylinder engine
- Six-speed manual or seven-speed dual-clutch transmission
- Carbon-fiber roof (coupe)
- Reworked bumpers with larger air intakes and frontal air curtains to redirect airflow
- Unique instrument cluster
Back to top