2021 BMW M340Change year or vehicle
Key specs of the base trim
—Compare 2 trims
- Powertrain responsiveness
- Ride quality
- High-quality interior materials
- Trunk room
- Available 360-degree camera system has many view options
- Backseat charging options (two USB-C ports)
- Lacks steering feel
- Difficult to activate some safety features
- Price gets high very quickly
- Multimedia system’s learning curve
Android Auto now standard
Five-seat compact luxury sedan
Choice of turbo four-cylinder (330i) or six-cylinder (M340i)
Rear- or all-wheel drive
Hands-free low-speed highway driving system available
Plug-in hybrid 330e and high-performance M3 also available
We’re looking for the best deals on a BMW near you…
What Is the 2021 BMW 3 Series?
The BMW 3 Series is a five-seat luxury sports sedan that competes with the Audi A4, Mercedes-Benz C-Class and Lexus IS. The 330i is powered by a 255-horsepower, turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine while the M340i gets a 382-hp, turbocharged 3.0-liter inline-six that works with a mild-hybrid system. Both engines work with an eight-speed automatic transmission, and rear- and all-wheel-drive models are offered. The plug-in hybrid 330e and high-performance M3 are covered separately in the Cars.com Research section.
What’s New on the 2021 BMW 3 Series?
New standard features include Android Auto smartphone connectivity, keyless entry, automatic high-beam headlights and a one-year subscription to SiriusXM with 360L satellite radio.
What Features in the 2021 BMW 3 Series Are Most Important?
- Driving dynamics and performance, particularly M models
- All-wheel drive available for both 330i and M340i
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto standard
- Navigation standard
- Automatic city collision mitigation standard
- Hands-free low-speed highway driving system available
Best combination of economy and performance
The word economy on M Performance car might look strange, but as a daily driver, its very important part. You can turn on eco-pro mode, and the car will transfer from extremely powerful and quick ... Read full review
The 2021 BMW M340 currently has 3 recalls
Crash and Rollover Test RatingsThe 2021 BMW M340 has not been tested.
New Car Program Benefits
48 months / 50,000 miles
48 months / 50,000 miles
48 months / unlimited distance
Certified Pre-Owned Program Benefits
Certified Pre-Owned Elite with less than 15,000 miles; Certified Pre-Owned with less than 60,000 miles
Basic Warranty Terms
1 year/unlimited miles from expiration of 4-year/50,000-mile new car warranty
Dealer Certification Required