- Brisk acceleration
- Cabin quality
- Android Auto, Apple CarPlay connectivity
- Configurability of available digital instrument cluster
- Steering feedback
- Rear headroom
- Important driver-assist features are optional
Starting msrp listed lowest to highest price
- Coupe, hatchback and convertible body styles
- Turbo four-cylinder (A5) or V-6 (S5) engines
- All-wheel drive standard
- Automatic emergency braking standard
- S5 performance version available
2022 Audi S5 review: Our expert's take
What Is the 2022 Audi A5?
The Audi A5 is available in three distinct body styles — coupe, convertible and four-door hatchback (Sportback) — and all come with standard all-wheel drive.
The base A5 engine is a 201-horsepower, turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder that works with a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission. One step higher is a 261-hp, turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder paired with the same gearbox.
At the top of the performance lineup is the S5, which comes with a 349-hp, turbocharged 3.0-liter V-6 engine and an eight-speed automatic transmission. Competitors include the BMW 4 Series and Infiniti Q60.
What’s New on the 2022 Audi A5?
S line versions of the coupe and Sportback now come with a sport suspension. There’s also a new Black Optic Plus Package that includes black bumper accents, a matte-black grille with black badging, black mirror caps, black side sill blades and red-painted brake calipers. The S5 adds standard 19-inch wheels.
What Features in the 2022 Audi A5 Are Most Important?
Standard features include:
- LED headlights with high-beam assist
- Leather seats
- Heated front seats
- 1-inch touchscreen multimedia system
- Android Auto and wireless Apple CarPlay smartphone connectivity
- Automatic emergency braking
- Lane departure warning
Available features include:
- Audi Virtual Cockpit with 12.3-inch instrument panel screen
- Ventilated front seats
- Heated steering wheel
- Adaptive cruise control
- 360-degree camera system
- Head-up display
- Bang & Olufsen premium stereo
- Blind spot warning
Should I Buy the 2022 Audi A5?
The Audi A5 certainly spoils car shoppers for choice with its range of available body styles, but it comes up short on practicality due to a tight backseat that skimps on headroom. Trunk space in the convertible is also minimal. If you don’t need acres of space and want a refined luxury car with all-wheel drive and a classy cabin, the A5, in all its various forms, is worth a look.
48 months/50,000 miles
144 months/unlimited distance
48 months/50,000 miles
- Roadside assistance
48 months/unlimited distance