- M50i acceleration and throttle response
- Quiet, comfortable ride
- Interior quality
- High-resolution, easy-to-read screens
- Multiple 360-degree camera views
- Rear sight lines are compromised
- Gets expensive quickly
- Gearshift isn't intuitive
- Can’t hear sport exhaust (M50i models)
- V-8 fuel economy
Starting msrp listed lowest to highest price.
- V-8 fuel economy
- Five-seat mid-size SUV with coupelike styling
- Turbocharged six-cylinder or V-8 power
- High-performance X6 M available
2021 BMW X6 M Review: Our expert's take
What Is the 2021 BMW X6?
Redesigned last year, the BMW X6 is essentially a fastback “four-door coupe” version of the X5 mid-size luxury SUV with room for five. X6 powertrain choices include a 335-horsepower, turbocharged 3.0-liter inline-six engine with rear- (sDrive40i) or all-wheel drive (xDrive40i) or a 523-hp, turbo 4.4-liter V-8 with all-wheel drive in the M50i. The high-performance X6 M features a 600-hp, turbocharged 4.4-liter V-8. All versions come with an eight-speed automatic transmission. Competitors include the Audi Q8 and Porsche Cayenne Coupe.
What’s New on the 2021 BMW X6?
Android Auto smartphone connectivity and a one-year satellite radio subscription are now standard. Meanwhile, 40i versions gain mild-hybrid technology.
What Features in the 2021 BMW X6 Are Most Important?
- 12.3-inch configurable instrument display
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity
- 12.3-inch touchscreen multimedia system
- Forward collision warning with city collision mitigation
- Low-speed hands-free driving system available
Should I Buy the 2021 BMW X6?
If you’re looking for a vehicle that’s large enough for most families and combines traditional SUV virtues with an arguably more stylish look, the X6 could be for you. It offers plenty of luxury and tech features, as well as available all-wheel drive. The coupelike shape isn’t for everyone, however, and the design compromises cargo room.
- Maximum age/mileage
Certified Pre-Owned Elite with less than 15,000 miles; Certified Pre-Owned with less than 60,000 miles
- Basic warranty terms
1 year/unlimited miles from expiration of 4-year/50,000-mile new car warranty
- PowertrainN/AView all cpo program details
- Dealer certification required
- 196-point inspection
- Roadside assistance
Compare the competitors
Latest 2021 BMW stories
All model years for the BMW X6 M