What Is the 2022 GMC Terrain?
The GMC Terrain is a compact SUV that seats five. It has a standard 170-horsepower, turbocharged 1.5-liter four-cylinder engine that works with a nine-speed automatic transmission. Front-wheel drive is standard, and all-wheel drive is available. Competitors include the Honda CR-V, Mazda CX-5 and Volkswagen Tiguan.
What’s New on the 2022 GMC Terrain?
GMC has given the 2022 Terrain an updated exterior with standard LED headlights and taillights. There’s also a new AT4 trim level that has all-wheel drive and a front skid plate. Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone connectivity are now standard, too.
What Features in the 2022 GMC Terrain Are Most Important?
Standard features include:
- 4G LTE Wi-Fi hot spot (data subscription required after initial trial)
- 7-inch touchscreen multimedia system
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone connectivity
- Forward collision warning
- Automatic emergency braking
- Lane-keeping assist
- Automatic high-beam headlights
Available features include:
- Hands-free power liftgate
- Remote start
- Leather upholstery
- Heated front seats
- Heated steering wheel
- 8-inch touchscreen
- Blind spot warning with rear cross-traffic alert
- Adaptive cruise control
Should I Buy the 2022 GMC Terrain?
The new AT4 trim should appeal to shoppers who want a small SUV with some rugged design cues, and this year’s exterior updates keep the Terrain looking fresh. All in all, it’s still a refined and versatile compact SUV with an easy-to-use multimedia system.