What Is the 2021 Honda Insight?
A hybrid compact sedan that’s aimed squarely at the Toyota Prius, the five-seat Honda Insight is based on the Honda Civic sedan but has unique styling, a more upscale interior and a gas-electric hybrid drivetrain that delivers an EPA-estimated 52 mpg combined in most trim levels. Besides the Prius, the front-wheel-drive Insight’s competitors include the Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid and Toyota Corolla Hybrid.
What’s New on the 2021 Honda Insight?
EX and Touring trim levels gain blind spot warning with rear cross-traffic alert.
What Features in the 2021 Honda Insight Are Most Important?
Standard features include:
- Hybrid drivetrain with gas engine and two electric motors
- LED headlights
- Forward collision warning
- Automatic emergency braking
- Lane-keeping assist
- Adaptive cruise control
- Automatic high-beam headlights
- Automatic air conditioning
Available features include:
- Remote start
- Power moonroof
- Dual-zone automatic air conditioning
- Leather-trimmed seats
- Heated front seats
- 8-inch touchscreen multimedia system
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone connectivity
- Wi-Fi hot spot (data plan required)
Should I Buy the 2021 Honda Insight?
Honda fans and other hybrid buyers looking for terrific fuel economy and an alternative to the Prius would do well to consider the Honda Insight. With a long list of standard safety features and three trim levels to choose from, the Insight offers a measure of style to go with its practicality.