- Power from turbocharged 2.5-liter engine
- Eight-speed dual-clutch transmission’s performance
- Cargo room
- Backseat space
- 10.25-inch touchscreen easy to use
- Occasional low-speed jerkiness with dual-clutch transmission
- Lots of hard plastic interior trim
- Wide center console cuts into driver's leg space
- Wireless Apple CarPlay, Android Auto only with 8-inch touchscreen
Starting msrp listed lowest to highest price
- Five-seat mid-size SUV
- Front- or all-wheel drive
- Gas, hybrid and plug-in hybrid drivetrains
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay standard
- Automatic emergency braking standard
2022 Hyundai Santa Fe HEV review: Our expert's take
What Is the 2022 Hyundai Santa Fe?
The Santa Fe is a five-seat mid-size SUV that competes with the Ford Edge, Honda Passport and Toyota Venza. It’s powered by a standard 191-horsepower, 2.5-liter four-cylinder that pairs with an eight-speed automatic transmission. A 281-hp, turbocharged 2.5-liter four-cylinder teamed with an eight-speed dual-clutch automatic is available. Hybrid and plug-in hybrid versions are also offered.
What’s New on the 2022 Hyundai Santa Fe?
A new XRT trim level is designed to look more rugged, with black exterior accents, dark 18-inch wheels and a dark grille, among other cues. Santa Fes produced from September 2021 onward get standard blind spot warning with rear cross-traffic alert, safe exit assist, and side mirrors with integrated turn signals.
What Features in the 2022 Hyundai Santa Fe Are Most Important?
Standard features include:
- LED automatic headlights
- Cloth upholstery
- 60/40-split folding and reclining backseat
- 8-inch touchscreen multimedia system
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone connectivity
- Adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go capability
- Automatic emergency braking
- Lane-keeping assist
Available features include:
- Power-folding side mirrors
- Panoramic moonroof
- Leather-trimmed seats
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Heated rear seats
- 25-inch touchscreen with navigation
- Harman Kardon premium stereo
- Wireless device charging
- 360-degree camera system
- Head-up display
- 3-inch digital instrument cluster
Should I Buy the 2022 Hyundai Santa Fe?
The Santa Fe has a roomy interior that’s nicely appointed, and the optional turbocharged 2.5-liter engine is a strong performer. This SUV also has a long list of standard active safety features, and the availability of hybrid and plug-in hybrid versions broaden the range of fuel-efficient drivetrains. We did, however, notice some low-speed jerkiness with the dual-clutch transmission.
60 months/60,000 miles
84 months/unlimited distance
120 months/100,000 miles
- Hybrid electric
120 months/100,000 miles
36 months/36,000 miles
- Roadside assistance
60 months/unlimited distance