Premier Redline Looks That Kill
December 28, 2018
We traded in our 2012 Pilot for the 2019 Premier Redline Pearl White. The seating space and comfort is so much better than the old or new Pilot. The car is so comfortable to drive and ride in for hours. The 20” wheels make it feel like you ride on a cloud and handling is superior to the base models, due to bigger wheels.
We’ve only had the car 1 week, so here are the only flaws, thus far:
1) I never liked front wheel drive vehicles and this one is a Chevy Impala all day long with the front wheel pull and oversteer when under hard acceleration.
2) The auto stop engine shut off when you stop and clicks on when starting... annoying. Feel like your stalking and makes it feel a little clicks in the transmission all the time. (Welcome to technology and the EPA)
3) The phone charging mat does not work with Apple, yet, the car has Apple play... go figure???
4) Chevy reliability scares me, so spent too much money on 7/150k extended warranty
5) not having an AWD system that engages itself is surprising and baffles me. It should be like Jeep. When the car sense you need it, engages. This car, you have to be mindful to put it on. Odd!
6) I’m an aggressive driver. The Infiniti QX60 feels faster and smoother and is AWD. The Pilot seems much more nimble and smoother in its acceleration, when gunning the car. Since Chevy sells a Vette and a Camaro, why wouldn’t they make this car more sport tuned and put in a sport suspension with the Redline edition. That would make it much more awesome. AND, they should not charge extra cause the car is already way too much money loaded.
With that said, this vehicle seems awesome. Only have a few hundred miles on and hope I get 150k with no issues. Honda never left us on the road.