- Hardware for advanced autonomous capability
- Huge backseat
- Luxurious interior
- Touchscreen multimedia system
- Most advanced autonomous capabilities await U.S. approval
- Exterior design very conservative
- Stretched L model is only body style for U.S.
- Minimalist dashboard design
Starting msrp listed lowest to highest price
- 360-degree camera with virtual view now standard
- Full-size all-wheel-drive sedan
- Turbo V-6 or twin-turbo V-8 engine
- Full-LED headlights standard
- Automatic emergency braking standard
- Plug-in hybrid A8 e and performance S8 versions available
2021 Audi S8 review: Our expert's take
What Is the 2021 Audi A8?
Audi’s flagship sedan, the A8, is a rival to the Mercedes-Benz S-Class, BMW 7 Series and Lexus LS. The car’s base engine is a 335-horsepower, turbocharged 3.0-liter V-6; a 453-hp, twin-turbocharged 4.0-liter V-8 is available. Audi also sells a plug-in hybrid version of the A8 that can travel around 17 miles on electric power alone. The high-output S8 — the performance version of this full-size luxury sedan — has a 563-hp V-8. All powertrains work with an eight-speed automatic transmission, and all-wheel drive is standard.
What’s New on the 2021 Audi A8?
New standard features include 22-way power-adjustable front seats and a 360-degree camera system with a virtual viewing mode. The S8 now comes with standard front heated armrests and 21-inch wheels with summer tires.
What Features in the 2021 Audi A8 Are Most Important?
Standard features include:
- Adaptive air suspension
- Panoramic moonroof
- Leather upholstery
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Four-zone automatic climate control
- Power rear sunshades
- Wood interior trim
- Touchscreen navigation system
- Bang & Olufsen stereo
Available features include:
- Massaging, power-adjustable rear seats
- In-cabin fragrance system
- Heated steering wheel
- Head-up display
- Blind spot warning
- Rear dual-tablet entertainment system
- Night vision
Should I Buy the 2021 Audi A8?
If you have the means to afford a full-size luxury sedan, the A8 is worth a look. Its range of available powertrains is a plus, and its classy interior impresses. Some might find the design too conservative, however, and rivals offer similar levels of luxury.
48 months/50,000 miles
144 months/unlimited distance
48 months/50,000 miles
- Hybrid electric
96 months/100,000 miles
- Roadside assistance
48 months/unlimited distance