of the 2011 Toyota Tacoma. Base trim shown.
From the Cars.com Vehicle Test Team
- Extensive standard equipment, especially safety equipment
- Spirited off-road capabilities
- Hill start assist and hill descent assist controls
- Road-hugging performance of X-Runner
- Optional electronic locking rear differential
- Strong tow ratings for V-6
- Dealer-installed TRD supercharger and big-brake kits
- Fewer manual transmission models available
- Stronger 4.0-liter V-6 found in Tundra and 4Runner isn't available for Tacoma
- No pull-lever parking brake (helps in off-roading)
- Great off-road suspension can be rough on uneven pavement
- Long box Tacoma crew cab almost as big as a full-size pickup
- T|X and T|X Pro off-road packages
- Five new four-cylinder models added
- Revised grille styling
- Five new four-speed automatic four-cylinder models
From the 2011 State Fair of Texas, Pickuptrucks.com's Mark Williams takes a first look at the Toyota Tacoma TRD T|X Baja.
2011-2016 Toyota 4Runner, Tacoma: Recall Alert
CARS.COM Vehicles Affected: Approximately 3,500 model-year 2011-16 Toyota Tacoma pickup trucks and 4Runner SUVs equipped with accessory hood scoops installed by Southeast Toyota ... Read more
Recall Alert: 8,000 Toyota Hybrids, Minivans, Pickup Trucks, Sedans, SUVs, Wagons
CARS.COM Vehicles Affected: Approximately 8,000 model-year 2005-11 Toyota 4Runner, Highlander and Sequoia SUVs and Sienna minivans; 2005-10 Avalon sedans and Tundra pickup trucks; ... Read more
Mother Proof's view
There's something about a pickup truck that appeals to a sense of adventure and hard work. The 2011 Toyota Tacoma made every trip to the grocery store and school pickup lane ... Read more
One of the best trucks I've owned.
This has been one of the best all round trucks that I have ever driven. I have driven it through swollen streams, mud, snow. It never let me down always able to get home. Read full review
The best little truck that I love .
This is my great truck , that I had been wanting for a long time . I?m thankful. My experience took me a while to find the right truck but I did it!! Read full review
36 months / 36,000 miles
60 months / 60,000 miles
24 months / 25,000 miles
24-hour roadside assistance, trip-interruption services, Carfax vehicle history report, travel protection and toll-free assistance line
1 year / 12,000 milesComprehensive: 12 months/12,000 miles from date of purchase. Powertrain: 7 years/100,000 miles from original in-service date ($50 deductible) Note: In AL, FL, GA, NC and SC, 7-year/100,000 mile limited warranty coverage begins Jan. 1 of the vehicle's model year and zero (0) odometer miles and expires at the earlier of seven years or 100,000 odometer miles. Hybrid: 8-year/100,000 mile warranty on Factory HV Battery for Toyota Hybrid Vehicles.
Under 6 years / 85,000 milesVehicles receive a 160 point inspection and reconditioning.