What Is the 2022 GMC Sierra HD?
The GMC Sierra HD is a heavy-duty variation of the full-size Sierra pickup truck. Available with a gas 6.6-liter V-8 or turbo-diesel 6.6-liter V-8 engine, the Sierra HD is built for towing and hauling; the Sierra 3500’s towing capacity maxes out at 36,000 pounds. Competitors include the Ford Super Duty F-250 and F-350 as well as the Ram 2500 and 3500.
What’s New on the 2022 GMC Sierra HD?
Forest Metallic paint is now available, but there are no other significant changes.
What Features in the 2022 GMC Sierra HD Are Most Important?
Standard features include:
- Trailering side mirrors
- Front bench seat
- 7-inch touchscreen multimedia system
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay smartphone connectivity
- Bluetooth streaming audio
Available features include:
- Power-retractable running boards
- MultiPro configurable tailgate
- Power-sliding rear window
- Remote start
- Dual-zone automatic air conditioning
- Leather-trimmed seats
- Heated front seats
- Heated steering wheel
- 8-inch touchscreen
- Bose premium stereo
- Wireless device charging
- Head-up display
- 360-degree camera system
- Rear camera mirror
- Forward collision warning
- Automatic emergency braking
- Blind spot warning
- Lane departure warning
- Automatic high-beam headlights
- Dually rear-wheel arrangement (3500)
Should I Buy the 2022 GMC Sierra HD?
The Sierra HD is a good choice for anyone who needs to tow a large boat, heavy equipment, horse trailer or other heavy loads. For the casual truck buyer, however, it’s probably overkill; GMC’s light-duty Sierra 1500 would be a better fit.