Get notified when this car becomes available. Sign Up.
- Roomy interior
- Powerful V-6 and V-8 engines
- V-6 gas mileage
- Uconnect multimedia system
- SRT Hellcat performance
- Fake-looking interior metal trim
- V-8 fuel economy
- Heated and ventilated seat controls on multimedia screen
- Important active-safety features not standard
Starting msrp listed lowest to highest price
- Five-seat full-size sedan
- Rear- or all-wheel drive
- V-6 or V-8 power, including 797-hp supercharged V-8
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto standard
2022 Dodge Charger review: Our expert's take
What Is the 2022 Dodge Charger?
The Dodge Charger is a full-size sedan that can seat up to five people. It’s powered by a standard 292-horsepower, 3.6-liter V-6 engine that works with an eight-speed automatic transmission. The V-6’s horsepower is bumped up to 300 for the all-wheel-drive SXT trim level and the GT. Also available are a 370-hp, 5.7-liter V-8; a 485-hp, 6.4-liter V-8; and a 717- or 797-hp, supercharged 6.2-liter V-8. Rear- and all-wheel-drive versions are offered, though opting for AWD means sticking with the V-6.
With its most powerful available engines, the 2022 Charger is one of the fastest sedans at any price. Competitors include the Nissan Maxima and Toyota Avalon, as well as muscle cars like the Ford Mustang and Chevrolet Camaro. You can see how the Charger scored in our Car Seat Check here.
What’s New on the 2022 Dodge Charger?
There are no significant changes this year.
What Features in the 2022 Dodge Charger Are Most Important?
Standard features include:
- 17-inch aluminum wheels
- 7-inch touchscreen multimedia system
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone connectivity
- Satellite radio
- Power-adjustable front seats
- Rear parking sensors
Available features include:
- 19- or 20-inch wheels
- 8.4-inch touchscreen
- Alpine or Harman Kardon premium stereo
- Heated front and rear seats
- Ventilated front seats
- Heated steering wheel
- Leather seats
- Brembo brakes
- Adaptive suspension
- Forward collision warning with automatic emergency braking
- Lane keep assist
- Adaptive cruise control
- Automatic high-beam headlights
Should I Buy the 2022 Dodge Charger?
With its rear-drive platform and available high-output V-8 engines, the Charger is a bit of an outlier among its competitors. There’s plenty of space inside, and a large trunk is another plus. Just be aware: The V-8-powered versions get pricey, and they have a big appetite for fuel.
- Maximum age/mileage
5 model years or newer/less than 75,000 miles
- Basic warranty terms
3 months/3,000 miles
- Powertrain7 years/100,000 milesView all cpo program details
- Dealer certification required
- 125-point inspection
- Roadside assistance
Have questions about warranties or CPO programs?
All model years for the Dodge Charger