Offered as a hatchback or a convertible, the retro-themed Volkswagen Beetle can have either of two gas engines or a diesel. The Beetle seats up to four people and competitors include the Mini Cooper and Fiat 500. A limited-edition Beetle GSR is available.
(Skip to details on the: Beetle R-Line)
Both the hatchback and convertible receive a new Classic trim, offering unique interior fabric, navigation, a six-speed automatic transmission, available 17-inch aluminum-alloy wheels and more. The 2.0-liter four-cylinder diesel engine has been replaced with a new 150-horsepower 2.0-liter diesel engine.
Below is a list of highlighted features and not an exhaustive list. Features are standard unless otherwise noted.
- Retro-influenced styling
- Wider and longer than the previous-generation Beetle
- Available 19-inch wheels
- Available panoramic moonroof
- Available rear spoiler
- Front bucket seats and a two-person backseat
- Split-folding backseat for cargo versatility
- Dual glove boxes
- Available oil temperature gauge, clock and boost gauge on the dashboard
- Available touch-screen CD stereo and navigation
- Available Fender premium stereo
- Available keyless access and push-button start
- 170-hp, turbo 1.8-liter gas four-cylinder engine
- Available 210-hp, turbo 2.0-liter gas four-cylinder
- Available 150-horsepower 2.0-liter diesel engine
- Manual or automatic transmission
- Front-wheel drive
- Diesel version is clean enough to be sold anywhere in the U.S.
- Required in every new car: front airbags, antilock brakes and an electronic stability system
- Side-impact airbags for the front seats
- Available backup camera
- Available Car-Net communication system
Available in hatchback or convertible form, the Beetle R-Line has a 210-hp, turbocharged four-cylinder engine and unique styling cues.
- Unique 19-inch alloy wheels available
- More aggressive front bumper styling
- Rear diffuser
- R-Line badges
- Available bi-xenon high-intensity-discharge headlights with LED daytime running lights
- Metallic-type trim on the dashboard and doors
- Stainless-steel scuff plates
- Available leather upholstery
Back to top