2016 Chevrolet ImpalaChange Vehicle
of the 2016 Chevrolet Impala base trim shown
From the Cars.com Vehicle Test Team
- Handling, considering its size
- Ride quality
- Interior quietness, quality
- Spacious backseat
- Large trunk
- Variety of storage cubbies
- Poor over-shoulder, rear visibility
- Slow navigation system
- Flat, unsupportive front seats
- Cheap-looking gauges
- No all-wheel-drive option
- Apple CarPlay integration, wireless smartphone charging available
- Midnight Edition available
- OnStar with 4G LTE and Wi-Fi hot spot standard
- V-6 engine that runs on gasoline or CNG available
- Collision warning system with auto-braking available
- Passcode-protected personal information and storage bin (MyLink)
The Chevrolet Impala full-size sedan comes with a standard four-cylinder engine or an available V-6 that can run on gasoline or compressed natural gas. The Impala seats up to five people and competes with the Ford Taurus, Chrysler 300 and Toyota Avalon.
New for 2016
The Impala now offers available Apple CarPlay integration and wireless charging capability for compatible smartphones. There's also a new Midnight Edition for V-6-powered LT and LTZ trim levels that features a Jet Black exterior, 19-inch alloy wheels with black accents, a black grille, black Chevrolet bow-tie emblems, a Jet Black interior and sport pedals.
Significant Standard Features
- Fuel-saving stop-start technology for the four-cylinder engine
- Bluetooth connectivity
- OnStar with 4G LTE connectivity and Wi-Fi hot spot
- Required in every new car: front airbags, antilock brakes and an electronic stability system
Significant Available Features
- Dual-zone automatic air conditioning
- Chevrolet MyLink entertainment system with 8-inch touch-screen
- Bluetooth streaming audio
- Remote start system
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Navigation system
- Power moonroof
- Heated steering wheel
- Backup camera
- Forward collision warning
- Lane departure warning
- Blind spot warning system and rear cross-traffic alert
NICB Uncovers Car Theft 'Mystery Device'
CARS.COM — Hearing auto-theft analysts describe so-called mystery devices for hacking into cars in recent years has been a little like watching characters in a Cold War spy ... Read more
Which 2016 Cars Offer In-Car Wi-Fi?
CARS.COM — Bluetooth technology that allows hands-free use of a cellphone in a car now is almost universal, and the ability to operate smartphone apps through a vehicle's ... Read more
Which Cars Fit Three Car Seats?
CARS.COM — Parents are often searching for the automotive holy grail: a car that's not a minivan and can fit three child-safety seats across the backseat. In our Car ... Read more
Chevy hits home run!
Center console needs padding outside of my right knee gets sore during cross-country trips I have to put a glove between my knee and console.. only complaint I have... Read full review
Big bang for the buck. Great car!
This car was purchased to provide great commuting mileage in a larger comfortable car with quiet ride. It fits all of the above and the mileage is wonderful. Thank you Chevrolet for making a reliable, ... Read full review
The 2016 Chevrolet Impala currently has 0 recalls