The Toyota Tacoma midsize pickup truck is available in two cab styles: Access Cab and Double Cab. The Access Cab comes with a 6-foot bed, while the Double Cab can be had with a 5- or 6-foot bed. The Tacoma can seat up to five people in certain configurations. It competes with the Nissan Frontier and Chevrolet Colorado.
The regular-cab Tacoma has been dropped from the lineup. A new Utility Package for the four-cylinder Access Cab deletes the rear seats for more in-cab storage room.
The new TRD Pro Series Tacoma features 16-inch black alloy wheels, BFGoodrich all-terrain tires, high-performance Bilstein shocks with remote reservoirs, unique front springs, a TRD exhaust system, and a special grille and badges. Inside, TRD Pro Series trucks get a TRD shift knob and floormats.
Below is a list of highlighted features and not an exhaustive list. Features are standard unless otherwise noted.
- Dent-resistant composite inner liner in cargo bed
- Available skid plate for engine
- Available 115-volt power outlet in cargo bed
- 15-, 16-, 17- or 18-inch wheels
- Available fog lights
- Fabric upholstery; available heated front seats
- Tilt/telescoping steering wheel
- Air conditioning
- Available leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Available cruise control
- 159-horsepower, 2.7-liter four-cylinder engine
- Available 236-hp, 4.0-liter V-6
- Five-speed manual or four-speed automatic transmission for four-cylinder trucks
- Six-speed manual or five-speed automatic for V-6 trucks
- Automatic limited-slip differential
- Required in every new vehicle: front airbags, antilock brakes and an electronic stability system
- Side-impact and side curtain airbags
- Active front head restraints
- Available backup camera